Recasts

Kelz

I was out with some friends yesterday and in the space of and hour I found 2 stores selling recasts on Narins Axerator.
They aren't even good recasts either, the soles of the feet are mishapen and uneaven so they cant stand without being screwed to a large base and there are some atrocious tool marks on the front of the thights and backs of the knees where they have tried to 'fix' it, as well a several bubbles in the mold.
They are the same as the silver and bronze ones that crop up on ebay all the time (from the exact same mold) I know this because I have one of the bronze ebay ones (my mum bought it for me for my b'day not knowing it was a recast).
Seeing recasts on ebay and stuff is one thing but in stores is different. One of the plases was selling alien skull models as well, I didn't look at them as closely but I imagine they came from the same place as the preds because I know the ebay seller sells them as well.

Hi Kelz.

Could you please send me the eBay ID of the seller and I will look into the possibility of shutting down his auctions.

I would also appreciate it if you could send through details of the 2 stores.

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/globalgear_onli...sid=p4340.l2559
Thats the seller, they have a number of the Axerators for sale at the moment, aswel as P2 busts, alien sculls and P1 bios with a buy now option (more than 10 available)

Heres an auction for the one of the axerators, you can see some defects in the side of the bio and if you scroll down to the bottom to the full body pic you can see the tool marks on the legs near the groin
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/13-BRONZE-AXERATOR-...=item483f3c2519

Ill have to get back to you about the shops, I cant remember the names at the moment

damn ok thanks was thinking of buying them and putting them together but will put a bit more thought into it thanks.mike
The seller "hobbymodel_group" is one of the most notorious sellers of recasts on ebay.

But "YES" - without doubt these are unauthorised copies of Narin's original work.

The 2nd one is a modified sculpt - but a recast all the same.

damn ok thanks was thinking of buying them and putting them together but will put a bit more thought into it thanks.mike

No problem, glad I could help.

Anybody buying recasts will get what they pay for - inferior (often totally unusable) castings, from someone who is stealing from and disrespecting the original artist (recasters have put many legitimate companies out of business over the years), and who devalues the original kits held by others.

Saw this today:

IMG_0776.jpg

As you can see its in a large video game retailer. Im pretty sure its a Narin, and im pretty sure he didnt sell it to them...

Saw this today: .... As you can see its in a large video game retailer. Im pretty sure its a Narin, and im pretty sure he didnt sell it to them...

That is the same recast Narin piece that this thread was discussing - Narin #38 - Axertor. The eBay store was selling them in faux bronze and faux silver. "WAS" being the operative word.

Is this just a display piece or is the store selling them?

That is the same recast Narin piece that this thread was discussing - Narin #38 - Axertor. The eBay store was selling them in faux bronze and faux silver. "WAS" being the operative word.

Is this just a display piece or is the store selling them?

The store is selling them, for around $70 (the price sticker is in the top right hand corner of the base)

The store is selling them, for around $70 (the price sticker is in the top right hand corner of the base)

Can you name the store for us?

Also, since I can't exactly drop by the store, would you mind pointing out to the owner that these are counterfeit goods? Failing that, if there is a website or email I can use to contact them, Narin & I would appreciate you letting us know.

Many thanks for everyones help so far.

Can you name the store for us?

Also, since I can't exactly drop by the store, would you mind pointing out to the owner that these are counterfeit goods? Failing that, if there is a website or email I can use to contact them, Narin & I would appreciate you letting us know.

Many thanks for everyones help so far.

Yep, the store is 'gametraders'. I gave them a call and she said she gets them from 'icon' who apparently has licenses for them. I'll try to find some contact details for icon, but so far it's been difficult.

The contact details for the gametraders store I went into are:
Ph: 03 8786 5522
Email: fountaingate@gametraders.com.au

The owner of that store is Joanne Lim, she doesn't know much and wouldn't give me icon's contact details.

Yep, the store is 'gametraders'. I gave them a call and she said she gets them from 'icon' who apparently has licenses for them. I'll try to find some contact details for icon, but so far it's been difficult.

The contact details for the gametraders store I went into are:
Ph: 03 8786 5522
Email: fountaingate@gametraders.com.au

The owner of that store is Joanne Lim, she doesn't know much and wouldn't give me icon's contact details.

"gets THEM" implies this is not a one-off sale then - geez!

Licences - yeah right Please explain to Joanne that Narin does not issue "licences" for his sculpts - she has been lied to. Many thanks again for your help and kindness, and you HAVE been helpful - REALLY :)

"gets THEM" implies this is not a one-off sale then - geez!

Licences - yeah right Please explain to Joanne that Narin does not issue "licences" for his sculpts - she has been lied to. Many thanks again for your help and kindness, and you HAVE been helpful - REALLY :)

Certainly not a one off sale, I asked of they were the only store stocking them and she said every gametraders store (close to 50) is capible of stocking them if the want. These things are everywhere. I've seen them in a store called 'global gear' also.

Happy to help, and I'm glad to do anything to get these things out of stores and profits back to Narin where they belong. Seeing something like this situation scares me, as it should any artist. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything from me.

Seems Narin recasting is widespread and its fuckin annoying

Heres another one for you Spike,I cannot believe the balls these clowns have with their outrageous nonsense claims, like 'Our final painting' ,even though I'm on the lookout for this kit I'd NEVER buy of these recasting cranks.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/1-6-Predator-Aqua-H...n-/380282776074

G

Yeah - I spotted that one in an eBay trawl yesterday. I am currently chatting to Narin about how to generally handle the recasts of prototypes he sold to other people.

Recasting of Narin's sculpts is widespread for a number of reasons, including the large numbers he has sculpted, his locale, and (of course) the incredible quality of his artwork. When you are the best in the world, everyone wants to get in on the action, including the scavengers, parasites and bottom-feeders.

My sister works for the county court here in Melbourne, and I've been talking to her about what our laws here are, and who to contact. Does Narin copyright his work?

My sister works for the county court here in Melbourne, and I've been talking to her about what our laws here are, and who to contact. Does Narin copyright his work?

International copyrighting is impossible in this instance. Although the sculpts are original pieces of art, they are based on a character that GK producers do not (generally) obtain licences for. Narin relies on the same principle eBay accepts - "unauthorised copies of an original piece of art".

Since this is no different to stores that sell knock-offs of Guchi and Rolex - if the store(s) in question want to push back - I wonder how they would feel about a letter to each stores head office and/or executives as well as to the local press? - "Fake statues being sold by local retailers".

International copyrighting is impossible in this instance. Although the sculpts are original pieces of art, they are based on a character that GK producers do not (generally) obtain licences for. Narin relies on the same principle eBay accepts - "unauthorised copies of an original piece of art".

Since this is no different to stores that sell knock-offs of Guchi and Rolex - if the store(s) in question want to push back - I wonder how they would feel about a letter to each stores head office and/or executives as well as to the local press? - "Fake statues being sold by local retailers".

He may be able to obtain a copyright for his own works, since they are literally reproducing his stuff.
List of gametraders stores and contact info

I can't find anything on 'icon' - but I know they sell them to 'global gear' so I'm hoping I will be able to get contact info for icon from them. Here's global gears Predator section. Recasts being sold along side genuine sideshow stuff, utterly appalling.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back