Recast alert: First Class Magneto Shaw helmet -Guess who is back

Re: Recast alert: First Class Magneto Shaw helmet

I see the same dents and dings in both masks unless my eyes are decieving me, but TGI Rookie made a mold of his mask and it could just be someone got a mask from him, molded it, is now making castings from it and it looks alike. But I could be wrong.

Here's the full response from my message:

"Hello,

I appreciate your comments and concerns regarding this helmet but if you look closely NO WHERE in this listing do I state that I personally sculpted this helmet. Also, I have not posted this helmet for sale on the RPF. I do not know that you are trying to achieve by stating that my actions are being closely watched but I am a major fan of all the artists and sculptors on Ebay and RPF and have personally sculpted and sold other items on Ebay. To my knowledge I am within my rights to re-sell and reproduce a product like everyone else does on Ebay. This is in no way a scam as the helmet is not an official Marvel replica and therefore not copyrighted so I do not know where you are coming from in regards to your scam and honesty comment. As a courtesy I will only sell this particular helmet for the time being but in the future I plan on offering this helmet and other models in various colors. If you do not have any legal concerns to discuss I would appreciate if you would not contact me further regarding this helmet."

Legally he is in the right. Morally though...totally in the wrong. He seems to have skirted around the fact that he knows it's a recast and has every right to resell them as he see's fit. Only Marvel can have legal action, if they wanted. But that means possibly taking all the other sellers down with him.

Last edited:

Please, no names yet.

What caught my eye with the masks,
was the same 4-5 wrinkles marked in the circles.
All the other dents and dings are similar but not distinct
enough features.

I am just presenting evidence so far. I am not accusing anyone.
I just need more pairs of eyes to check my info.

The mask from the ebay link compared to the one of the RPF member are nearly identical. The thing is that there are a few details between them that are found, which leads me to think that it may very well be the same person. The one he built has 3 small "scratches" on the right side (looking at it from the front) on the inset portion, which is slightly visible in the same exact pattern on the mask from the ebay photos. The most obvious difference though is the screen mesh used. The RPF one has vertical mesh where the ebay one has diagonal. However, thats not to say that the ebay mask is not a casting of it. There is also surface details which are present in both, however, the last pic with the person wearing the mask looks photoshopped to me

Little more info from Ebay,

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.
s.gif

s.gif

User ID
Effective Date
End Date

djcosplay
Sep-30-11
Present

tgirookie
Jun-15-04
Sep-30-11

I'm sorry,
But i think that settles it for me.

The RPF member that bought the helmet kit from me is
tgirookie
alias from paypal:

[personal information removed]

His twitter acct
DAN The Rookie (@tgirookie) on Twitter
(posted by himself in RPF under user, about me)
which also has a link for his mortal kombat mask on ebay
under djcosplay.

He also has a youtube channel, just search for
tgirookie

Last edited by a moderator:

You have to establish 2 things :

1) Be 100% sure / prove that the helmet on sale has been recast from your original.

2) Be 100% sure that the seller on eBay is the same as a member here. Those imperfections on the mask certainly warrant further analysis.

As for the response posted above that was received from the seller, that is a load of tosh that holds no water on this board and is a clear-cut case for instant banning if he is a member here. Geesh, he sounds like a cut-and-paste of videobob - "No rights, so I can recast what I want" yada yada yada ... poof .. banned.

In the interim, I can see no reason why you should not present the mods with the info you have so far / this thread.

Well, I think you have established that the seller on eBay is a member here.

There's a phone number on facebook...
[personal information removed]

You should ask em if it's allright to copy their jewelry and sell it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

He's looking at this thread at this very moment, so maybe he'll chime in.

"Due to the handmade nature of this helmet there will be slight variations in each helmet making each unique and one of a kind."

"in the future I plan on offering this helmet and other models in various colors."

"To my knowledge I am within my rights to re-sell and reproduce a product like everyone else does on Ebay."

Re-sell, sure.

Reproduce ?

Not here.

Ta Ta.

Well,
Looks like someone filed a paypal complaint against me
for releasing their mailing information.
So i will edit my posting as such, later on today.:angel

For someone who is so concerned about their privacy,
They sure put a lot of info about themself on the web.
Like their youtube channel with a car forsale, a movie about the people in their life, complete with scrolling name credits...

I have saved all the videos and the twitter pages for proof to the mod when they request it.

For someone who is so concerned about their privacy,
They sure put a lot of info about themself on the web.
Like their youtube channel with a car forsale, a movie about the people in their life, complete with scrolling name credits...

Recasters aren't only no-talent-hacks, but "slow" people, too.

No doubt what so ever. Here is the eBay listed picture side by side with the RPF members picture. Same build.

thiefn.png

I am NOT saying this is the person, this prop may be a recast from tgirookie's as well. If I had to goto Court, my profesional oppinion would be it's the same, looking at these pictures.

RMX already found out that TGIRookie and the eBay seller djcosplay are one and the same person. But thanks for pointing out the details for people.

It's halloween !!!!! Use your imagination :lol Got a pesky neighbour ? A pain-in-the-neck mother-in-law ? The choice is yours :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back