Rebels Sabine Costume & Helmet

Chrima

Howdy,

I made this Sabine costume for my 9 year old daughter for Halloween last year. When I made the first helmet, it ended up being too big for her. It was perfect for an adult, but too big for a 9 year old. So I ended up sculpting a new helmet. All the parts are vacu-formed. The helmet I just hand painted as I was in a hurry to get it done. Having to redo the helmet set me back in my schedule. You can see in the pics the size comparison.

To make the vac tool, I simply glue sheets of .5 inch sound board and carve it out. The sound board is super easy to shape but can hold up to the heat and pressure of vac forming. I could sculpt out of clay, but you only get one shot and then you have to pour plaster into your pull to make a re-usable tool.

The soft parts I just used some clothes she had. I didn't go too crazy on the details. I made everything a little big so she could grow into it and keep using it.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. Had fun making it. I have three of the adult size helmet pulls. I plan on keeping one to do a custom mando or something like that. If anybody is interested in the other two pulls, let me know. I just have the front and back pulls. You will have to fab the ear pieces. They will need a little trimming and some smoothing out.

IMAG1284.jpgIMAG1277.jpg
IMAG1132.jpgIMAG1187.jpgIMAG1188.jpgIMAG1190.jpg
IMAG1391.jpgIMAG1396.jpgIMAG1397.jpg

That's great! My 5 yo daughter LOVES Sabine, and I've considered getting one of those basic dress up sets for her from Amazon. The big problem though, would be the lack of the helmet. I've thought about trying to make one like yours.

Although, honestly she's so sensitive about how her clothes fit that I'd be surprised if she'd ever wear it...

The holsters are actually vacuformed plastic. I painted them to look like leather. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of how i made them.

Yep, that looks like the stuff. It's cheap and shapes easily. You won't get fine detail though. Although you can layer it with other materials.

Huh, interesting. I actually have a bunch of samples of a similar material they were throwing out at work so this gives me some thoughts on what I can do with it. What kind of tools did you use to carve it?

Im interested in the other helmet pulls if you still have them. Great build she looks great. You did a remarkable job. My niece is 10 and really wanting to do this build. Thanks for the help.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back