Rebel Moon

1692762326952.jpeg

awesome! just heard about this today, Zack Snyder's movies are my guilty pleasure and this looks super cool :) looking forward to it!

I'm not the biggest fan of Zach Snyder, but this looks interesting. I can also give it props for not being based on an existing IP (as far as I'm aware.) And yes Djimon Hounsou is criminally underrated! Very, very talented actor.

For any that aren't familiar with the background of this project, it came from a pitch that Snyder did for Lucasfilm for a Star Wars project completely separate from anything to do with the Skywalkers. They passed to do the sequel trilogy & the 'A SW Story' films.

He took it to Netflix & they are all in with it. Current plans are for establishing a rich & centuries old lore that will span character-based series, books, animated series & more films to come.

The basis for this first film, that's broken into 2 parts, is a story similar to Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven, where a small village sends out a call for mercs, but this event becomes the catalyst for a galaxy-wide uprising.

I, again, cannot stress how excited I am for all this. I'm in a minority here, but I have unabashedly LOVED everything I've ever seen Snyder do.

Looks really good. Some great actors.. and was that Charlie Hunnum (or Travis 'Ragnar' from Vikings)?
Anyway, hopefully it lives up to the trailer as that good old SciFi action adventure epic we older more mature audiences have been hanging out for.
Really hoping this is great. Unfortunately that adolescent material Disney produces for StarWars these days just isn't quite doing it no more, sadly.

I don't know about this one. I was looking forward to it and wasn't going to watch the trailer. But then I checked it out. There are some wild things in the trailer. Also some generic fantasy things. Perhaps at this point, you just know what you are going to get in a Zack Snyder movie and shouldn't be surprised.

First thought was Zack Snyder so no. Then I realized that if someone else was directing this based on the trailer I would be relatively excited for it. I hope he evolves his style. I'm likely going to give it a chance based on the trailer and currently available information.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back