Disney+ | Marvel: MOONKNIGHT

Pepperbone

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm excited about all this new content revealed from Disney+ Day.
However, as much as I like Oscar Isaacs, I'm hoping Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm won't be recycling too many actors between franchises. Because for me; that's an easy turnoff.

Had to say it.

Yeah, I hated George Lucas using Harrison Ford as both Indiana Jones and Han Solo. Really tore me out of the franchises.

And that Chris Evans! God, all I could see in the Captain America movies was the Human Torch! Totally ruined the Marvel franchise for me.

And dammit if Samuel L Jackson didn't appear in both the Marvel movies and the Star Wars ones! Total overkill.

James Franco Flirt GIF

I'm excited about all this new content revealed from Disney+ Day.
However, as much as I like Oscar Isaacs, I'm hoping Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm won't be recycling too many actors between franchises. Because for me; that's an easy turnoff.

Had to say it.
I cant help but think Oscar's got blackmail pics of someone with alot of pull.

I dont dislike him, but they coulda used soooo many others.

I hope to be able to say, "I love his Moon Knight!"

Can we get Jason Mamosa to play a gritty, drinking Namor?

What? Too soon?

I get it. I get it!
Good point MattBlack.

However, your reply got me thinking (a little too much).

----

IMO, Ford gets somewhat of a pass.

Why, you ask?

Because before Star Wars, there was no Star Wars, or Han Solo. And Ford was relatively unknown.

Same for Indy. Before Raiders there was no Indy character.

There were no (or very few) frequently released, big epic flashy blockbuster movies either.

For decades, there was also no expectation that these fantasy characters would be on screen for generally more than 3 movies. Or that we'd eventually have portable devices allowing us to view content whenever we want, via streaming services containing all that content. I'm not saying that portable devices and streaming services aren't great (they are). But if these big, very entertaining, cross-over franchises are going to have multiple releases per year and be available for screening anytime and anywhere we want; having a bit of casting variety for all these different characters might not be such a bad thing.

I LOVE pizza, but pizza all the time does lead to pizza indigestion.

As for more recent projects, not gonna lie, when they cast Evans as Cap, after he played the Human Torch; I thought it was a little cheap. I can definitely say "I love his Captain America", but after seeing him in all those Marvel movies, the last thing I'd want is to see him play a Jedi.

Same goes for Jackson. Cast as Jedi: muther fr34kin awesome! Cast as Fury: oh yeah! Cast as another franchise character in whatever comes next: maybe not.

Not sure if this is legit or not, but there's a rumor Henry Cavill is tied to Captain Britain - and even Bond. That kinda feels like when Evans signed-on for Cap. If that's the case, as JPH said "I hope to say "I love his Capt Britain or Bond"", but there's a recycled feeling associated with that possibility that I'm not too crazy about. BUT, that's just me.

As for Isaacs, 3 Star Wars movies, now Moon Knight + whatever crossover they'll be doing with that character; hmm okay, great. I like what D+ is trying to pull off. But I can already say that pretty soon I'll be having Isaacs indigestion, and I'm pretty sure others will too. It also doesn't help that I just saw him in DUNE earlier this week, another big movie.

If you're still reading this: thanks for your interest. And by now you're probably saying to yourself "well, Ford made more SW movies and he's doing a 5th Indy, why does he get a pass and others don't?" Because for decades it was believed there were only 3 SW movies and 3 Indy movies. After ROTJ and The Last Crusade (where they literally rode into the sunset), I was done with Ford as Solo and Indy. Now I have Ford indigestion.

Ford indigestion is disappointing. Once you've been through the stages of indigestion disappointment; you can foresee all future indigestions coming. And if major studios keep recycling these actors across different franchises, well...

Last edited:
Well, Indy also has nothing to do with Star Wars.

Not like Indy looks into a telescope and says, "they've got a moon-sized battlestation blowing up planets millions of years ago!"

Evans lucked out because Fantastic Fours stank!

Jessica Alba as invisible girl

Seriously?

I mean, who doesnt like a good, appripriate Jessica Alba? or Chris Evans for that matter? But the Fantastic Four movies were like that season of Dallas that was just a terrible dream.

Not a valid comparison.

People walked out of Raiders and A New Hope *begging* for more.

People walked out of Fantastic Four hoping a sequel might be more on target.

Well, Indy also has nothing to do with Star Wars.

Not like Indy looks into a telescope and says, "they've got a moon-sized battlestation blowing up planets millions of years ago!"
I SOOOOOO wanted to mention something along those lines, but my post was already way too long.
My belief: Disney will do everything they can for the immediate bottom line.

I know this is a Lego Halloween parody for kids, but D owns 20th Century Fox too. So when I see stuff like this, I can't help but think that maybe...juuuust maybe, there's an ambitious young executive out there, not yet born when these movies came out, looking to win brownie points with Disney board members, who will one day call a meeting and pitch: "Hey! What if....."

lego-terrifying-tales-alien-poster-3572.jpg

Indigestion.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back