Rebel Blockade Runner

I have heard that Fine Molds will do a Blockade Runner next. Scale is unknown at this time, but i don't think it will be in 1/72 as the other Fine Molds Kits are :) When it is out it should be easy to rebuilt it in a larger scale. Fine Molds is well known for their accuracy. They bring a new Anakin Fighter too (from E3). Maybe the Blockade Runner is from E3 too, but that is yet not known...

Haven't sets of the "Tantive IV" (supposedly the name of Leia's actual ship) been built for ROTS? That was one of the stories I'd heard, anyway. I'd say a small firm like FM wouldn't be doing something that wasn't from their current hottest property licence.

Very good news, if it's true!
icon_smile.gif
Scale-wise, we'd be lucky if it was 1/288 (half of 1/144). That'd be over 20" in length. More likely it would be 1/350 or 1/500 or something like that.

Cheers,
Martyn

Thanks for that, Spiker! It's apparently 'rumoured' so no confirmation as yet. Very exciting though.

Interesting to note - if this is accurate - that Obi-wan's pseudo-TIE will be kitted by AMT/Ertl (didn't think they were still in the business!) while Anakin's pseudo-TIE by Fine Molds. Different scales I assume. In 1/72, the FM kit would be even smaller than the Ep 2 Jedi fighter. This thing can literally fly between the wings of a real TIE. I hate this miniaturization trend! At least the ARC-170 is nice and big, but the design...um, doesn't excite me much.

Back on-topic re the BR. Does anything think it's remotely possible it would end up being the horrible Extended Universe version of the BR? Bearing in mind that the ship will probably be a CG version, it could either be scanned from the Star Wars model, or built up from scratch. If the latter, there's a lot more INACCURATE drawings and CG around than accurate ones - the LucasFilm games all feature the squashed-up, sections-missing version of the BR for example. That'd be
bloody tragic, if that happened.
Cheers,
Martyn

Looks impressive, nonetheless...

Originally posted by DARKSIDE72+Mar 25 2005, 06:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARKSIDE72 @ Mar 25 2005, 06:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-terryr
@Mar 25 2005, 12:42 PM
This guy is also building one;

http://www.joey-starman.de/
[snapback]951806[/snapback]​

:rolleyes hardly studio scale WHICH IS WHAT this forum is about.
[snapback]951812[/snapback]​
[/b]

I've been hearing rumblings that the CG "Tantive IV" in Ep III does not match the ANH model structurally, that it's actually closer to the (until now inaccurate) West End Games plan.

That sucks, if true. They used a real model for the Jedi cruiser in TPM, why not reuse the original Blockade Runner?

If it's a matter of not wanting to repaint it and otherwise clean it up in favor of historical preservation of the model's original look, well, that's never stopped them before (modifying old props, models and matte paintings) and besides, it had already been altered for ROTJ and changed BACK to its ANH look for display. So its "history" was already lost.

So if they finally release a scale model of this ship, it'll probably be the Ep III version.

Crappity.

From what I read a while back, the Ep III version doesn't have all the extra armor plating and weapons on it.
So it will have a diffirent look then the OT version.

More windows and such.

D6

Originally posted by division 6@Mar 29 2005, 04:51 PM
From what I read a while back, the Ep III version doesn't have all the extra armor plating and weapons on it.
So it will have a diffirent look then the OT version.

More windows and such.

D6
[snapback]953854[/snapback]​

That would be in keeping with its prewar status.

The design notes from the Y-wing in the Star Wars Sketchbook stated that the engine once had a cover, but that it was so much trouble taking it on and off for repairs the Rebel greasemonkeys just let them off. It might be cool to see the Y-wing in its original glory, with the art deco lines of the cockpit following down the rest of the body.

Yes, but (and I have not confirmed this) the poop is that the shape of the CG ship is so different that there's nothing you could do to it to make it look like the ANH one without tearing it apart and rebuilding the framework. So that's more than just plating/windows/guns.

Pity they're going CG with it. :(

I remember talking to a guy I went to HS with, telling me about some of the models they had on display when he took a tour of ILM.
He said they had a full covered Y-Wing and a Falcon with wheeled landing gear.

Said he also saw unused footage of a Walker standing on it's hind legs to shoot a speeder.

This was back right after Empire came out.

D6

I've seen a picture of the RotS version. It looks like an earlier model, like a tantive III. The 'wings' are straight, and the engines are different.

Originally posted by terryr@May 4 2005, 05:52 PM
That's big.  I think I would quibble on the details of the head, such as the window opening, but overall great work.
[snapback]980105[/snapback]​
I know.....its not quite done yet. I just got tired of it primered.

The thing that throws me on this is the geometry of the engine block (or block of engines)...

The guys whom have done this model (studio scale or not) -- how have the figured out all the geometry in there?

Are there more plans than out there (that obviously I haven't seen myself) that offer more detail in this area?

Or have these guys figured it out just based on the plans in this thread and good reference pics...?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back