Real Scooby Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

2 months and still no signs of the final 5 issues :mad: and no, I have no plans to continue after 130.

While I am still waiting, I did some color touch ups here and there.
I weathered all the black parts, to give them a look of road-stressed plastic. I added a drop of silver to all the black screws on the flux bands, painted the mesh in the lower front bumper black.
Barely noticeable in the pic below, I painted, what is meant to be the rubber seal at the door frame with flat black to look like rubber.
And the main reason for this lil update, I weatherd up the seats.

125x.jpg

I am really tempted to get a set or two of Mike Lanes white micro-cable-ties for that little extra touch on all the cablebundles

Hope the last issues come in soon

As predicted, the final issues arrived at last :D (y)

#126 / 130

all parts - plastic

12615.jpg
126a1.jpg
126c.jpg
126b.jpg

So, this were the last parts on the car itself :cool: I weathered them to match the rest of the vents and also tried, by adding some uneven lines of silver to the edges, to simulate the look of welding marks :)

#127 / 130

crate top - plastic
grip and mounting, closer tops - metal

12717.jpg
127a.jpg

#128 / 130

crate body - plastic
closer - plastic
grips and mountings - metal

12815.jpg
128a.jpg

#129 / 130

inlays - plastic
bottom inlay - foam
straps - fake leather
hinge - metal

12916.jpg
129a.jpg
129b.jpg

#130 / 130

all parts - plastic
stickers

13016.jpg
130a.jpg

parts count so far : 2331
custom parts : 81

I will be back in a few days with a final gallery, I just need to wait for a final mod I ordered, sets of some micro cable ties ( they ARE in scale :eek::eek: ) for the outside cable/wire bundles.
Thats all folks, for the original run of the collection. I am still undecited if I end it here, or if I keep on going through the extended 30 issues to build the emergency time circuit, the railroad tracks and the trainwheel.
The "completist" is again screaming "YEEESSS !!!" ( like with the ´55 tires ;) ) , but I also know, I will NEVER start to change anything on the current version, as I always wanted to do the "first appearance" anyway. Thats why Mr. Fusion will end in the parts box, too

Keep checking for the final gallery soon... ;)

Last edited:
The awaited "Mini Cable Ties" from Mr. Mike Lane arrived, and .... man... these ARE Mini. I would even say they are MICRO or NANO :eek: o_O
This will definatly be a fidly mod.
I originaly wanted white ones, but they were OOS, so I went for the black ones instead of waiting for a future restock. Just paint them white after installing and ...voila :cool:

Just for info, for you non-european followers, our 1 cent coin has a diameter of about 16 mm

C0441.jpg

Looks great, but pass for me. No plans to add any character figures, except someone comes up with a seated Einstein, to be placed onto the driver seat
:cool: ;)

Looks great, but pass for me. No plans to add any character figures, except someone comes up with a seated Einstein, to be placed onto the driver seat
:cool: ;)

I'm sure if you email Gus at Falcon 3D with your request, he might be able to do something for you.

Simply stunning and superbly finished build Scooby.
Looking forward to seeing your photo gallery. Thanks for sharing this mate.

(y)Ged

p.s. your R2 build is going great guns too !;)

#Mounting the Micro Cable Ties

When I ordered them, I thought.. "This will be a quick add-on and be done in a few minutes" :cool:

YaaaPPP !! Took me about three days, 2 hours each o_O:D:D
Really felt like a surgeon, working with two pointy tweezers, a big magnifier with build in light, and a smaller LED Flashlight holding with the mouth first... but changed to a head light when I started to drool up everything :lol::lol:

C044a.jpg
C044b.jpg

For compare
the empty passenger side vs. the cabletied driver side

C044c.jpg
C044d.jpg

I added the ties all around the car, including a few to the interrior cables. Unfortunatly I am not able to tie the cable directly behind the windshield. No way to reach them without scratching the glas inside. It would be needed to dismount everything again wich I am definatly NOT doing.
Altough these are really working ties, I also left the wire twistys on to support them here and there. Just painted all white and it looks good to me as it is.

That was the final steps on this awesome kit. Final pics upcoming :cool:

Last edited:
The WHOLE vehicle is now weathered up, more visible on the black areas, but altough the stainless panels might look untouched, I also wiped them with a realy, realy, REEEEEAAAAALY thin black-wash.

Unfortunatly the engine bay is no longer accessable without disassemble parts of the rear machinery.
Ok.... now...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN !!!
After 1 year and 8 months in build, doing numerous custom upgrades, we have reached the end of the journey and I invite you to see the final gallery !!

Part 1:
with without lights

130b.jpg
130c.jpg
130d.jpg

130i.jpg

130e.jpg
130f.jpg
130g.jpg
130j.jpg
130k.jpg
130l.jpg
130m.jpg
130n.jpg
130o.jpg
130p.jpg
130q.jpg
130r.jpg
130s.jpg
130t.jpg
130u.jpg
130v.jpg

And on its place

20150326_143512.jpg

united with its smaller brothers :love:

20150326_144046.jpg

Vitesse 1:48 Coupe
Vitesse 1:48 1955
Vitesse 1:48 1885
Sunstar 1:18 Coupe
Sunstar 1:18 2015 ( not shown here as its stored away until I get a new 1:18 case )

:unsure: The next logical size would be 1:1 now :lol::lol::lol:

So, thats it. The ride is over.... for now. I am still undecited if I want to get through 30 more issues. While I like to have to option to change for any other version, you noticed, both the Mr. Fusion and the set of 55 tires are already stored away.

Thank you everyone for following, your comments and input :love::love:

theend3.jpg

... to be continued, maybe ;):lol:

That turned out great, the EL lights, the flux and tree, awesome. I need to get those ordered (the wait is getting longer and longer I hear).

I hope my Delorean grows up just like yours! Only 100 more issues to go!

Congratulations on an incredibly finished build my friend, and those lovely photos make the DeLorean ( out of it’s display case ) look full-scale anyhow !:cool::love:
Thanks for sharing this.

Ged

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back