Fanhome (Eaglemoss II) subscription/partwork models

Rogviler

Like me, I'm sure a few of you also got an email today about a company called Fanhome (part of De Agostini they said), who will apparently be taking over the Eaglemoss properties. This includes the subscription models, like the BTTF Delorean and ECTO-1. What's the feeling on this? Fool me once...? If I was only a couple of issues in I would say no way, but it is tempting since I just about had the full chassis and engine of my Delorean done before Eaglemoss jumped ship. Being part of De Agostini, I would think that they have this sort of thing down and it's not just another ponzi scheme.

They're saying that you can start on any issue you want, which is great. I don't know about anyone else, but my last shipment or two from Eaglemoss contained issues that were out of order and they missed a few. I'm sure they were just trying to send out what they had. My question for the customer service that I'll relay when I hear back, is if we'll be able to fill in those missing issues and THEN pick up with the next issue.

At any rate, this is either awesome or the start of more heartache. Anyone else thinking of taking the bait?

Last edited:
Yes, I am. But, with a whole lot of caution. I almost started a subscription last year on a Delorean and at the time, I was weary of such a long subscription. I'm going to see how things go with those who have unfinished subscriptions. If they're able to sort out that mess, then I'd be willing to take a shot at starting a subscription......maybe.

I feel that. On one hand I'd like to wait until they start shipping and others are reporting a positive experience, but on the other hand I know that the more of us who get on board, the better the chances that this will go all the way. Forgot to mention too that they said the Delorean parts at least will ship starting in March. I'm hoping that means they prepared before going live, which would be good. We've all been burned by companies taking preorders that are a year or two out.

Eaglemoss always seemed shady to me. I mean, they didn't even have a place for you to log in and see your account or which issues had been shipped. You just suddenly (and sometimes randomly) got an email and a charge on your credit card. Fanhome at least looks like they're going to have a normal account page like you would expect, where you can manage things at see what the heck is going on. Another plus.

Their customer service is very responsive. Unfortunately, they said we won't be able to order any individual kits, only start from any issue and it becomes a subscription from that point. So that means my missing issues will have to be gotten elsewhere or I'll have a few doubles if I started back farther than I really need. I'll have to revisit the dusty box I kept my unassembled issues in and remind myself which ones I'm missing. They (Eaglemoss) also didn't send the correct magazine/instruction booklets, but that's less of a concern as most of the info is common knowledge and the instructions are freely available from various other builders.

Well, has anyone started getting shipments yet? I was leaning towards giving it a go, but for one thing I'm having to move unexpectedly. More concerning, though, is the previously mentioned disarray of shipments on Eaglemoss's part. I finally got around to doing an inventory on the parts I have, and I'm missing issues 32, 36, 37, 40, 41, and then I could pick up with issue 47 on. Do I take the chance and hope I can scrounge those five missing issues or tell Fanhome I want to start with issue 32 and buy a dozen or so issues I already have? Too much for my brain to decide right now.

Mainly I just wanted to check in and see if there's any enthusiasm for the resurrection.

Well, has anyone started getting shipments yet? I was leaning towards giving it a go, but for one thing I'm having to move unexpectedly. More concerning, though, is the previously mentioned disarray of shipments on Eaglemoss's part. I finally got around to doing an inventory on the parts I have, and I'm missing issues 32, 36, 37, 40, 41, and then I could pick up with issue 47 on. Do I take the chance and hope I can scrounge those five missing issues or tell Fanhome I want to start with issue 32 and buy a dozen or so issues I already have? Too much for my brain to decide right now.

Mainly I just wanted to check in and see if there's any enthusiasm for the resurrection.
I had to use a 2nd email address to create a 2nd account for the missing issues as fanhome does not send old issues. They sent me 4 issues when i only needed one issue. I called back to cancel my 2nd account after i received my missing issue and asked if they would refund the repeat issues. They said, 'all sales are final.'... welp.. ebay i guess for my extra issues.

Time for a yearly update? I contacted their customer support again and this time they told me that not only do they not sell individual issues for those of us with missing ones, but they no longer allow you to start at any issue you want. So it's starting from issue 1 or nothing. :(

Big sad, y'all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back