Real Scooby Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

And now, it time to check the lights :) :) :)

Dashboard, 88mph-meter, plutonium meter, timecircuits, overhead lights.... CHECK !

094d.jpg

Flux-Capacitor, X-Mas Tree... CHECK !

094e.jpg

Headlights, front turn signals, front and bottom door lights... CHECK !

094f.jpg

Rear Lights, back door light, engine compartment light... CHECK !
As I feared from the beginning, the brake light might not work as the contact is pretty weak. I wont fiddle around on that as I really don´t care about that feature ;)

094g.jpg

Trunk light... CHECK !

094h.jpg

Front and top Flux-band lights... CHECK !

094i.jpg

Everything toghether... AWESOME VIEW !!!!!! These photos just don´t do justice :) :) :)

094j.jpg

and for the curious ones, 8,05 kilogram is the current weight of this model ;) :)

094k.jpg

Last edited:
So far ‘ All systems - Checking Out ! ‘(y) ..., terrific news regarding the ‘coming together ‘ of the major halves , and your electronics/LEDs :cool:
Glad to have caught up with this build mate , and serious congratulations on including the ‘ custom ‘ Flux Capacitor unit !? . It really does improve on the standard supplied one by leaps and bounds . Was it a very expensive addition ?
Some of the pics in the post above were done in such a fantastic fashion that they could have been mistaken for photos of the ‘ real ‘ Delorean !:eek:

Very impressive Scooby !..., Makes me wish I had jumped on this build too when it was offered over here in Aus awhile back , though my bank account is probably thanking me for not doing so ! ..., Oh well , still enjoying this build vicariously through your excellent work !

Ged

Last edited:
It looks utterly amazing.... But i have to say though. I HATE with pure bile the way theyre doing it by this magazine subscription system, its milking the money out of what is otherwise an amazing kit...

Why couldn't they just sell it as a complete kit in one lump sum. Even if in the end it came to about 100-300 quid ill buy the complete kit. The way theyre doing this subscription system is stretching it out and making in far more than what the kit is worth.

You see it a lot on TV with model kit magazines... "BUY THE FIRST ISSUE FOR JUST £1!" Then the small print says normal price £10 per issue, and 52 issues planned.........

I find that kind of business practice rather despicable...

I would get one of these kits otherwise. It really does look amazing.

Just to add looked at the site, its 88 issues at 8.99 thats a grand total of £791.12p WTF D:

Just to add looked at the site, its 88 issues at 8.99 thats a grand total of £791.12p WTF D:

I'm building this kit too, and I have to say I totally agree with your observations. But I justified it to myself this way; I figured if I was a smoker I'd spend that amount (or more) every week without a second thought, and have nothing to show for it, but at the end of this I have a nice big Delorean model. :)
And yeah, they definitely could compress it into, say, 100 issues no problem.

Having said all that, it's one of the biggest and most accurately detailed representations of a Delorean time machine available; only the Hot Toys one comes close in terms of size, but it's lacking in accuracy.

I just recently started the BTTF DELOREAN subscription but it's getting too expensive they only allow the max of 4 issues a month was looking to buy at least 20 found your thread and you are getting at least 10 a month was wondering where you do your purchasing

I'm building this kit too, and I have to say I totally agree with your observations. But I justified it to myself this way; I figured if I was a smoker I'd spend that amount (or more) every week without a second thought, and have nothing to show for it, but at the end of this I have a nice big Delorean model. :)
And yeah, they definitely could compress it into, say, 100 issues no problem.

Having said all that, it's one of the biggest and most accurately detailed representations of a Delorean time machine available; only the Hot Toys one comes close in terms of size, but it's lacking in accuracy.

Thats exactly how I justify such longtime kits for myself, too. I would NEVER buy that kit at the full price. But about 12.- a week I don´t care.
Same with DeAgos Millennium Falcon or Hachettes Black Pearl. When the DeLorean is finished I am already thinking of starting DeAgos R2-D2 when I am able to find back issues from the start.
Sure, the Hot Toys version would be a little bigger, and cheaper, but as far as I know, its just plastic. And its already assembled. To see the progress on the EM kit is kind of satisfying to me.
I hear you about the milking thing. There are definatly some issues that easily could have packed toghether

Wow!

In some of those pics it could be mistaken for a real car!

Lighting is prefect as well as the finish on it

When reviewing the photos, I thought that too. I especially like that back shot :) :) :)

Well, what to say

Two more french issues arrived yesterday :)

#95 / 130

all parts - plastic

09521.jpg
095a1.jpg

#96 / 130

all parts - plastic

09621.jpg
096a1.jpg

Parts count so far : 1714
custom parts : 56

Well, well, well. The last delivery before the holidays arrived. Just three issues but anyway here we go :)

But first....

I forgot to show the lighted engine compartment with the last "light test" so it comes. Not very spectacular, but for the archive :)

094k1.jpg
094l.jpg

Looks nicer in RL as the light is NOT as bright as shown in the pic. On the other hand, pretty useless as it wont be visible after all the time machinery is build on the back. unless it is easy to remove somehow.

Ok, lets continue with the build.

#97 / 130

all parts - same as #96

( ahm, do I hear the word "milking" ?? :) :) )

09724.jpg
097a1.jpg

#98 / 130

all parts - plastic
fibre optic
protecitve stickers ( to secure the end of the fibres right in front of the LEDs )

09824.jpg
098a1.jpg

#99 / 130

frame - plastic
meshes - metal

09918.jpg
099a1.jpg

and testing :)

099b.jpg
099c.jpg

uhm...yess... its kind of "ok" for what it is, but I would have expected it a bit brighter. Need to pull the fibres in a straighter position too. Maybe my favourite Mod-Group comes up with something

Parts count so far : 1758
custom parts : 56

Wish you all a Great X-Mas and a Happy New Year :) :) :) :)
hope to see you again next year

It’s been very enjoyable following this build Scooby , thanks for sharing the wonderful progression .
Want to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas & Brilliant New Years too ! (y)
Look forward to seeing the ‘ Time Machine ’ finally complete in 2019 !;):)

Ged

If you want a uniform blue light, you might use EL tape or paper.

Though it would block you from seeing behind the grill

Thanks for the hint ;) I was already looking in EL stuff, found some kind of lighted rope, but I am not exactly sure how to install them without taking the car apart again yet :) ;)

Might start brainstorming again when the rear fluxbands are added

Howdy folks ! :)
Well, a little unexpected, but still welcome, one more french issue arrived yesterday. And after brainstorming about possible solutions for better lighted fliux bands, I also recieved an order from amazon.

#100 / 130

all parts - plastic
deco wire

10070.jpg
100a.jpg

# upgrading the flux band(s) :)

I found this EL rope unit on amazon for about 8 bucks. It´s powered by two AA batteries, and switches through three modes, constant light, slow flashing and fast flashing

C271.jpg

Unlike some other members from different moding-groups, I wanted to hide the light strings and the power cabel as good as possible.
So, this unit has 5 individual strings with a length of 1 meter and a diameter of about 2,3 milimeter.
Most mods I have seen so far are using a single string, to light front AND rear flux bands. So they run the light string on the outside bundle with the deco wires and covering the unwanted light with paint or black tape. It DOES the job but thats exactly what I wanted NOT do to.

First I cut off, two strings. Then I disassembled the entire front and removed the orignial Eaglemoss LED-wire. I pulled one string from the bottom and from inside of the fender on the passenger side. For perfect fit to the brackets, I needed to make the recesses a little deeper. I pulled the light string around and hid the remaining end in the hole again where the original LED came out. Now I can hide the power cable on the bottom of the vehicle and the two remaining strings fit perfectly for the rear flux bands

C281.jpg
C291.jpg
C304.jpg

A little fidley to install, when you don´t want to pull apart to entire car again, but possible.... and man, the effort is worth it, looks so much better than the original EM light strings. :) :) :)

Parts count so far : 1762
custom parts : 57

Agree with the superior effect the EL wire has over the original stock (?) lighting setup , but wondering if you’re experiencing the slight whining noise associated with this type of lighting ( as I did until I changed from battery powered to adapter ! ) , or is it negligible (n) ?

Ged

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back