Rdmaul TDKR Bane WIP - Update with Pic

Re: Rdmaul TDKR Bane WIP v2.0-New Coat pic!

Rdmaul, loved this build from the beginning and it has really evolved into something truly spectacular! I showed those last few shots to a friend and pretended they were from the movie and he was none the wiser. Stand up job sir.

HAHA! that was the goal for the shoot actually. I will have my new mask Friday and will upload some new photos of it!

Excellent job so far, man. I just started creating my costume. Only thing I'm concerned about really is finding a suitable vest, or modifying my own flak to fit the design of the film. It looks like a basic coyote brown or tan plate carrier with molle webbing to start, then modified.

UD is making one?

UD is making one BUT it is more for riding than a costume piece, the vest for the movie was completely custom. There isnt another vest in the world that looks like it, obvious design for the movie.

Excellent job so far, man. I just started creating my costume. Only thing I'm concerned about really is finding a suitable vest, or modifying my own flak to fit the design of the film. It looks like a basic coyote brown or tan plate carrier with molle webbing to start, then modified.

UD is making one?

Yes and we're days away from the product launch.....:cool

David

Last edited:

Holy.... WOW Maul. This Bane costume looks absolutley flawless!! Great work on it man... LOVE that vest!! I too have been working on a Bane costume...but yours is just spot on in every way! GREAT work!!!

WOW, I thought that was a production picture, not only is your costume awesome you actually look like Tom Hardy. :thumbsup

Just a quick shot from Las Vegas Comic Expo, I won best Look-alike in the costume contest!

269076_510016569027556_1750014564_n_zpsec38d695.jpg

Since I neglected to say in the thread originally here are the props where props are due!

Todd Cook Designs for the amazing mask
Thomas Boyer of TNXB Creations for the Leather Wrist Guard and Boot Straps

Did you guys do a video in theater fighting in costume? A lot of my friends are Cosplayers and I think one posted a video of it on FB.

Love this thread! in process of getting a bane build together myself. dunno if I missed it, but if you can who put your vest together? love it brother

Would it be possible for you to post dimensions and materials used by your vest maker for the vest. So that it is possible for me to try to replicate it?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back