Interest Ransom Note and Window Latch from Peter Pan/Wendy's window in Hook

Many people don't notice at first, but the window latch in Hook is modeled after the Captain's hook! It's one of those neat details that can get looked over, but really shows the prop makers' outstanding attention to detail in this film. I watched it again last night after preordering Captain James Hook's dagger from Sarenab's run, and decided that there's probably enough interest to get this run going. I don't think it'll be too expensive but I don't have numbers together yet. It's a piece I know I'd love to have and have already stated thinking which cabinets and windows would be a good candidate for me to use this on. If I can get a metal set together for say $35 in chrome or extra shiny aluminum for the hook + latch, who'd be in?

I still have some tweaking to do but I'm pretty close

View attachment 1427180

I'm also having a calligrapher create handmade copies of the note. Pricing here is not yet finalized but I hope to update it soon. If you're interested in either of these props, please let me know!
I’d definitely be interested in one of these!

Many people don't notice at first, but the window latch in Hook is modeled after the Captain's hook! It's one of those neat details that can get looked over, but really shows the prop makers' outstanding attention to detail in this film. I watched it again last night after preordering Captain James Hook's dagger from Sarenab's run, and decided that there's probably enough interest to get this run going. I don't think it'll be too expensive but I don't have numbers together yet. It's a piece I know I'd love to have and have already stated thinking which cabinets and windows would be a good candidate for me to use this on. If I can get a metal set together for say $35 in chrome or extra shiny aluminum for the hook + latch, who'd be in?

I still have some tweaking to do but I'm pretty close

View attachment 1427180

I'm also having a calligrapher create handmade copies of the note. Pricing here is not yet finalized but I hope to update it soon. If you're interested in either of these props, please let me know!
I am interested in the ransom note

Hand torn and weathered. I'm hoping to get the edge rip pattern as close to the original as possible, using a tearing jig.
PXL_20210708_024853671.jpg

I met with the calligrapher today and explained our hobby. She's very excited to finally be able to work with us (and on something not just wedding invitations which is pretty much all their business ever, and was very interested in learning about prop collecting.

I ordered 2 custom stamps to be made for the D letter, which'll be here in about two weeks. One's for yellow and ones for red. I do believe the D isn't just the color of the paper, and does have yellow ink inside. She's working on finishing up another project next week, and will start on the notes the following week, July 20th or so. I'll get photos and pricing to y'all around the end of that week, around July 23rd.

Her main concern was about the type of paper I chose, because it's not totally smooth, and pretty bumpy. She said she'd try it with calligraphy ink and let me know how it goes, and if it doesn't work out well we'd either switch to a smoother paper, or to calligraphy-tipped markers which will still also look very good.

1625767741669.png
hook note 2.png
hook note 0.png

I gave her the stamps today, the yellow ink, and the crimson red ink, She's going to make the first four as that's all the paper I had ready for her. I'm going away tomorrow for 2 weeks, and when I get back I'll get started on the rest of the paper tearing/staining for her, and filling orders for the first batch of 20.

The biggest feedback I had was to thicken up some of the lettering to better match, but aside from that it's great.

I have preorders up at my website here, at $45 for the first batch. After 20, they'll be listed for $50. I plan to ship before September.

Please comment on this thread when you place your order.

Last edited:
Ouch, I went to order and the shipping is just as much as the note. I might hold off till I have some spare funds but the note does look great

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back