"RAIDERS" of the Lost Ark?

On a side note, when I heard about the movie in various magazines before its release, I thought it was about Noah's Ark. Seriously. I had no knowledge of the Ark of the Covenant. I was baffled there was a movie coming out about Harrison Ford and Noah's Ark.
Same for me. My older brother took me to see it and I had no idea what it was about but thought it had to do with Noah's Ark and they were going to try and find it.

It seems a great opportunity was missed with the fifth movie, in which Indiana Jones goes searching for Noah's Ark, and it would be titled Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, as opposed to the first movie which was just Raiders of the Lost Ark. Not that Ark, the other one.

It seems a great opportunity was missed with the fifth movie, in which Indiana Jones goes searching for Noah's Ark, and it would be titled Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, as opposed to the first movie which was just Raiders of the Lost Ark. Not that Ark, the other one.
"Indiana Jones 5 - Searching for the Ark by a bunch of Raiders....(the boat one)."

jts1031 JediMichael

Already been done (in novel form, anyway):

Indy even has a concussion-induced vision of Noah!

"They eventually stumble across what they believe to be a massive ship jutting partially from a glacier. [...] Inside they found a trap laid by the Janissaries, laying in wait to kill them. Only by Indy starting a firefight gives them a chance to escape, but it initiating a avalanche in turn, killing all of the Janissaries. Indy, buried in the snow, drifts in and out of consciousness. Seeing an old man, Indy begs for his and his friends lives and is suddenly found by Jack, as they decide to travel home."

I think I've found a rare concept image of how the scene might've looked:
Indy & Noah.jpg

"The City of Angels Angels of the home by the Saint Ana river"

The Spanish+English+German/Spanish/German to English translation. Not better but not worse.
My problem is not so much the name itself, but that they call themselves the LA Angel of Anaheim. Anaheim isn't in LA, it's not a neighborhood of LA, it's not even in LA County, so adding LA to the name is just so stupid. While most people not from SoCal know any CA cities besides LA, San Diego, and San Francisco, Anaheim is the home of Disneyland and hockey fans would know it as the home of the Mighty Ducks. Besides, no other pro sports team names their team the X city team name of Y city and there are a number of teams that don't actually play in the city or state that's in their name.

Why that huge long "Indiana Jones AND the Raiders of the Lost Ark" is stupid.
Indy IS one of the raiders of the ark. It's redundant.

Once the ark was found, it's not lost anymore, then half the movie is just.... Raiders of the Ark.

I understand why they did this (for consistency for the other films), but it’ll always be just RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, for me. At least the title card within the film hasn’t been changed, unlike the title crawl of the original STAR WARS.

I think the next movie should just be that big boulder from Raiders following Indy around, trying to kill him. Since he got away years ago, it rolled its' way to New York and has been stalking him ever since. It eventually joined a mob family and worked its' way to the top of the family, crushing all opposition. The next time Indy sees it, it's in a 3 piece suit, and when it sees him, it screams "JONESSSSS!!!" and immediately starts rolling after him.

The rest of the film is Indy running away from this boulder, but both are old and every 5 minutes, they both have to take a break to rest. Indy sitting on a park bench or whatever, and the boulder just sitting there, huffing and puffing...

(does it show that I've been under too much stress yet? )

I think the next movie should just be that big boulder from Raiders following Indy around, trying to kill him. Since he got away years ago, it rolled its' way to New York and has been stalking him ever since. It eventually joined a mob family and worked its' way to the top of the family, crushing all opposition. The next time Indy sees it, it's in a 3 piece suit, and when it sees him, it screams "JONESSSSS!!!" and immediately starts rolling after him.

The rest of the film is Indy running away from this boulder, but both are old and every 5 minutes, they both have to take a break to rest. Indy sitting on a park bench or whatever, and the boulder just sitting there, huffing and puffing...

(does it show that I've been under too much stress yet? )
You have used canon and logic. I think your Raiders sequel is well beyond the quality of Star Wars sequels.

Heck, put a light speed engine in that bad boy and continue breaking the story by having him do a couple light speed jumps, ramming numerous planets in the solar system in his search for Indy who was in fact taken by the Crystal skull aliens earlier.

You have used canon and logic. I think your Raiders sequel is well beyond the quality of Star Wars sequels.

Heck, put a light speed engine in that bad boy and continue breaking the story by having him do a couple light speed jumps, ramming numerous planets in the solar system in his search for Indy who was in fact taken by the Crystal skull aliens earlier.
And to boot: we'll toss in a few genetically engineered dinosaurs and a couple of ewoks. :p

Well, been trying to not complain, but yesterday was the last straw...

Last September, we had that ceiling leak that ruined a number of my models. I thought I had accounted for all of them, but that wasn't the case. last night, I found one more of my models in the closet (F-14D Tomcat) that the water and the chemicals leached from the sheetrock when the ceiling leaked ruined the paintjob and ate the glue seams, pretty much putting an end to the piece. It was one I built for a contest and actually won awards for, and what was left of it (the stand/ diorama was completely destroyed) was jsut a base shell that was crudded and brittle.

I finally lost it after trying to keep my patience throughout everything, and snapped.

I ended up smashing the model to smithereens with my bare hands while screaming my head off in sheer frustration. When I finally ran out of breath (as well as wrenching my bad knee) , I saw my wife in the doorway, and she looked pale and honestly a bit scared. I sank into my chair and started sobbing, and that's as much as I remember; my wife told me I ended up suffering a seizure.

This, after the continuous stream of stuff that has been hitting us nonstop since Labor Day of last year.

:(

We’ve all had our screaming fits in regards to damaging/screwing up models and/or props.

As long as you don’t chase anyone with a hobby saw or a Dremel, it’s all good.

We’ve all had our screaming fits in regards to damaging/screwing up models and/or props.

As long as you don’t chase anyone with a hobby saw or a Dremel, it’s all good.
And I just realized I put this in the wrong topic altogether (It was supposed to go in the "inconsequential things" topic!)

THis is what I get for having two windows open at one time. o_O

And I just realized I put this in the wrong topic altogether (It was supposed to go in the "inconsequential things" topic!)

THis is what I get for having two windows open at one time. o_O
Well, off topic but on that topic, I did the famous text the wrong group at work today. I totally flushed like redface because our IT team has removed the option for rescind, edit and delete. You say it, it stays. I sat there panicking and reread the message and bizarre as it sounds, it worked in both chats. I had stayed vague enough that no one would recognize I was calling out someone for not doing their job.

Last edited:
So I thought about this for a bit and I will fall back on logic. If I bury loot with my coffin and you dig me up for it, you are a tomb raider. So now we add time. Lots of time passes, I am still dead and this is still my grave. You dig me up in 2060 and it is still tomb raiding. Our government falls and a different ethnic group moves in and they don't have the same burial practices. They dig me up. They are still tomb raiders. Years pass and they form a national museum system and they decide to dig me up because they have realized what those markers are in the yard.... graves. It is still tomb raiding even then. If we aren't digging up our own graves to research our dead then we don't romanticize digging up someone else and call it science.

greenmachines Not to dispute your general point, but does Indy intentionally raid any tombs/graves in Raiders?

In Temple of Doom there's Nurhaci; in Last Crusade there's the Crusade knight; and in Crystal Skull there's the conquistador...
All I'm coming up with for Raiders is the mummy crypt adjoining the Well of Souls. Granted, crashing a statue through the wall does disturb them, but I always got the impression that Indy doesn't know what lies beyond other than a possible exit (and he is just trying to survive at that point).

If I'm not mistaken, then perhaps it's a bit ironic that the one film that doesn't involve tomb-raiding is the one called "Raiders."

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back