Quick Fiberglass Question

Ooman Dragon

I remember reading a thread over at the 405th about glassing armor parts, so i know resin out mesh in and several coats of it sand and bondo and all that what i couldnt remember is what kind of brush would you use to put the resin on with.

im leaning away from a sponge brush only cause that would absorb more than i put on i think but i wanted to be sure before i went in and started lathering resin on willy-nilly

and to go with that should i use bondo or wood filler, again i want to besure before i move forward.

thanks in advance

[quote name='Ooman Dragon Mei'hswei' timestamp='1328227044' post='332896']
I remember reading a thread over at the 405th about glassing armor parts, so i know resin out mesh in and several coats of it sand and bondo and all that what i couldnt remember is what kind of brush would you use to put the resin on with.

im leaning away from a sponge brush only cause that would absorb more than i put on i think but i wanted to be sure before i went in and started lathering resin on willy-nilly

and to go with that should i use bondo or wood filler, again i want to besure before i move forward.

thanks in advance
[/quote]

I used a standard paint brush set because you have to be quick to apply it as it can harden too quick on you if you are not too knowledgable in using it (I learned that the hard way my first time lol). I have used fiberglass resin with hardner on my bio and it is now firm & with a nice extra weight to it

I use the cheap cheap brushes that you can buy in boxes of 36 for about $10. With resin, the brushes are effectively single use, so there's no point getting anything better.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back