Questions regarding Captain Rex (Rebels version)

Solas

Hi all.

I've seen a couple of excellent threads regarding this character, but I've hit some stumbling blocks and could really use any and all advice. I'll try to be as precise as possible with my problems and issues.

1) I've tried building the armor using pepakura files and EVA armor, but I've had no end of problems both printing them to A4 scale and then shaping them to take on the correct form. It seems every time I put something together (particularly the backplate) it falls apart or something similar. Should I be trying a simpler build or go into perhaps using vacuformed plastics for a better result?

2) Rex's pants. Try as I might, I cant' seem to find something that works. Are they grey biker pants with padded knees, BDU's, something else? HALP!

3) His pistols. I think I've found a total of one 3D print file, but have found virtually noone in my home city of Brisbane down here who can print them for less than an exorbitant fee. Can anyone here help?

Sorry if this all sounds very novice on my part, but this is my first attempt at working with EVA foam on this scale and I'd have to say the results are mixed.

Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back