Question About Predator Face Mask

itiongo

I'm building my first predator costume and I have no idea what to use to stuff the inside of my predator mask. I've done the clay mold then liquid latex and now my predator mask just hangs around me and is super flimsy. I can't find anything about what is suppose to be used on the inside of the mask. thanks for the help.

furniture foam cut into the correct shape needed and glued into the mask is what some people use others using a foam filler... no sure what its called though

Any of the soft foam used for furniture padding can be used. Cut it into small pieces and hot glue them into the mask. Do a little at a time and test fit the mask inbetween gluing sessions until you get a comfy fit.

You want to use a flexible but strong adhesive. A good rubber cement is a good choice, but let the mask air out for a few days before wearing it. The rubber cement will chemically bond to the latex. Careful, it can dry fast sometimes. The foam is gonna soak up a lot of sweat, just so you know. I guess though it is a toss up. You could have done a latex, polyfoam filled mask, skinned on the inside with latex too, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut then the sweat would just pour out the bottom. The actually suits were made of foam latex, and that really sucks up sweat. The suits usually have to be wrung out at the end of a shooting day and dried for the next. I guess I rambled there a bit.

i know i am bringing up a old post, but i wanted to ask if i use velcro on the inside of the mask and on the furniture foam told hold it in place would that work anyone ever tried?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back