Question about my screenused shirt and screenused.com

Petar

Hello everybody,

A year ago i bought screenused shirt from movie The Lost World Jurassic Park and i bought it from screenused.com.

Now i thought i have one and only shirt that Julianne Moore worn in that movie,but when i did a little research i found out i have one of few same shirts worn by an actress(sorry that my first prop shopping :behave).
Then i contact them and they told me she could have 10-15 same shirts for each scene.
Also i heard on one forum screenused.com doesn't have original stuff and they CoA doesn't have serial number so i would like you to tell me can i trust them?.

Here is a photo of a shirt and CoA(attached)

I hope you will help me if you can and i would like to ask forum administrator to delete this thread because i make two same(internet problems sorry).

This shirt, which was purchased on November 3, 2007, was not described as the one and only shirt the actress wore throughout the movie. It is very rare for a production to use only one of each item because they can get dirty, they can be ripped, wet, etc. So it is typical to have several of each item, especially in an action film like Jurassic Park.

If you read on a forum that "screenused.com doesn't have original stuff", then I would like to understand where that is because we ONLY sell original items on our site - we don't even sell prop replicas. I'm sure if you research a little bit more, you will find many collectors that are familiar with us and our business over the last 9 years.

Regarding a serial number on the COA, I'm not sure how that would authenticate the item at all, unless you are suggesting that we mark the item itself with a matching serial number, thus altering the actual piece itself - which we will not do.

Desi DosSantos
Co-Owner ScreenUsed

Petra welcome to the rpf but throwing out accusations and showing a distinct lack of knowledge is not something that is usually done in someone's first post.

Take some time and read thru posts here, maybe join the movieprop forum or just ask questions. We are all quite willing to help but I have to say that thinking there is one shirt made for a production shows your lack of knowledge.

Screenused and Propstore aren't beyond reproach...everyone makes mistakes but without a doubt they are among the best businesses out there in the prop & costume world and back it up with guarantees and great knowledge and skills. I also put VIP in this category.

welcome to the board.

Screenused and Propstore aren't beyond reproach...everyone makes mistakes but without a doubt they are among the best businesses out there in the prop & costume world and back it up with guarantees and great knowledge and skills.

Petar, tardis55 pretty much nails it. I would consider both Prop Store and Screenused to be among the very best and most trustworthy of screen used sellers who stand behind the items they sell.

A year ago now your asking questions I mean thats a little odd .
Almost all of the wardrobe items were sold off by PP . I had several of that exact shirt if you tell me what's on the makers tag that might help . I am sure SU must have got it from them then resold it at a higher price to you. So yes they had more then one top on a film that took several months to shoot in a jungle . I have never seen one with a costumers tag though . Not saying that means anything .

This shirt, which was purchased on November 3, 2007, was not described as the one and only shirt the actress wore throughout the movie. It is very rare for a production to use only one of each item because they can get dirty, they can be ripped, wet, etc. So it is typical to have several of each item, especially in an action film like Jurassic Park.

If you read on a forum that "screenused.com doesn't have original stuff", then I would like to understand where that is because we ONLY sell original items on our site - we don't even sell prop replicas. I'm sure if you research a little bit more, you will find many collectors that are familiar with us and our business over the last 9 years.

Regarding a serial number on the COA, I'm not sure how that would authenticate the item at all, unless you are suggesting that we mark the item itself with a matching serial number, thus altering the actual piece itself - which we will not do.

Desi DosSantos
Co-Owner ScreenUsed

Thank you mr.Desi,im not saying your a bad company,i only get wrong first impression because member of biggest Jurassic Park forum told me you sell some "unoriginal"pictures from Jurassic Park.
And personally,now i really think your great company,and i want to apologize because of doubting in you.

Petra welcome to the rpf but throwing out accusations and showing a distinct lack of knowledge is not something that is usually done in someone's first post.

Take some time and read thru posts here, maybe join the movieprop forum or just ask questions. We are all quite willing to help but I have to say that thinking there is one shirt made for a production shows your lack of knowledge.

Screenused and Propstore aren't beyond reproach...everyone makes mistakes but without a doubt they are among the best businesses out there in the prop & costume world and back it up with guarantees and great knowledge and skills. I also put VIP in this category.

Thank your for welcome,
Yes i know it's a lack of knowledge that i thought actors/actress have only one shirt :facepalm,but it was my first time and i didn't know where to inform,i ask on many Croatian forums but nobody here know anything about movie props.
I also ask on that same Jurassic Park forum where they told me they have only one shirt and that was told me one of few thousand members.
Just to say,im not accusing anybody on that forum because of my not-knowledge,sorry. :unsure

welcome to the board.

Petar, tardis55 pretty much nails it. I would consider both Prop Store and Screenused to be among the very best and most trustworthy of screen used sellers who stand behind the items they sell.

A year ago now your asking questions I mean thats a little odd .
Almost all of the wardrobe items were sold off by PP . I had several of that exact shirt if you tell me what's on the makers tag that might help . I am sure SU must have got it from them then resold it at a higher price to you. So yes they had more then one top on a film that took several months to shoot in a jungle . I have never seen one with a costumers tag though . Not saying that means anything .

Yes i know it's odd asking it after a year now,but yesterday i found out this isn't only replica forum,but the screen-used topics too.

You say you have exact shirt,how can it be?
But if that's going to help i got some sort of tag and it say's:

"JPL" LOST WORLD BK 8 reel tee(OR BX i can' see it good ,sorry :unsure)

Once again i want to apologize for all inconvenience i made by my lack of knowledge.
And one other question if i may ask,what do you think as experts how many t-shirts she had in that movie?

Thank you everybody for your time.

Had more then one shirt yes . I have a thing for her see now you made me come out with it :) I mean who made the garment there is a tag on the neck what does it say?
You could ask them where they acquired the shirt if that interests you thats not a uncommon request .

I've gone through Propstore multiple times and gotten a good amount of items from Screenused through auctions. They are both at the top of my list for quality and knowledge with the wardrobe/props. I give them electronic e-hugs.

Had more then one shirt yes . I have a thing for her see now you made me come out with it :) I mean who made the garment there is a tag on the neck what does it say?
You could ask them where they acquired the shirt if that interests you thats not a uncommon request .

Aaaaa that's what you meant,yes it says :Michael Stars One Size Fits All Most("All" is crossed with straight line)
I hope this helps.

Hello everybody,

A year ago i bought screenused shirt from movie The Lost World Jurassic Park and i bought it from screenused.com.

Now i thought i have one and only shirt that Julianne Moore worn in that movie,but when i did a little research i found out i have one of few same shirts worn by an actress(sorry that my first prop shopping :behave).
Then i contact them and they told me she could have 10-15 same shirts for each scene.
Also i heard on one forum screenused.com doesn't have original stuff and they CoA doesn't have serial number so i would like you to tell me can i trust them?.

Here is a photo of a shirt and CoA(attached)

I hope you will help me if you can and i would like to ask forum administrator to delete this thread because i make two same(internet problems sorry).

Sorry for jumping into this one a bit late but I'dd like to add a comment on your statement how you got the shirt. It wasn't purchased directly from Screenused.com, you got this from member "joshscollection" on Yourprops.com. I noticed you put it up for sale on Ebay quite a few times using the same picture as Josh used on YP. I asked Josh about the shirt and he indeed told me he sold it to you. I contacted you about the shirt since I was very interested in it after seeing the Screenused.com coa (which was enough for me to know it was the real deal and after the provenance statement of Josh) but never got a reply. I noticed you put it on YP today wich is cool. It seems you were not able to sell it so far. The only thing that bothered me here was that you mentioned you got it directly from Screenused and that you had doubts about this fantastic propdealer.

Sorry for jumping into this one a bit late but I'dd like to add a comment on your statement how you got the shirt. It wasn't purchased directly from Screenused.com, you got this from member "joshscollection" on Yourprops.com. I noticed you put it up for sale on Ebay quite a few times using the same picture as Josh used on YP. I asked Josh about the shirt and he indeed told me he sold it to you. I contacted you about the shirt since I was very interested in it after seeing the Screenused.com coa (which was enough for me to know it was the real deal and after the provenance statement of Josh) but never got a reply. I noticed you put it on YP today wich is cool. It seems you were not able to sell it so far. The only thing that bothered me here was that you mentioned you got it directly from Screenused and that you had doubts about this fantastic propdealer.

In short,yeah that's the story,however i decide not to sell it for now because i did not purchase graphic card for my PC so i don't need money,like i sad,for now. :cool

PS,

Sorry if you didn't got my e-mail, i had problems with Outlook express.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back