Queen of Death - Huntress build

predatorette

I realised I was posting my updates to my Huntress suit in the completed suit room. Duhh.

I am basing my build on this kit, Queen of Death

I have already made a cotton painted skin. I have just made the left gauntlet out of foamies. I have also just made the left thigh armor from foamies. They are not complete only at raw stage. I have also began the spear.

Left gauntlet
Spear not in perfect position but will straighten the blade on the end and put the butt on properly later. Going to wrap it in leather and add chains/tribal stuff.
Thigh armor
Thigh armor on my leg not in perfect position but making sure it fits.

IMG_2308.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really great start, can't wait to see the finished product (and I've always loved the model you're basing if off).

Thanks for the encouragement guys, should begin scuplting in a week and a half. I have loved this model kit for a long time too All the little bits and peices are on order from ebay to decorate it too so can't wait!

The only thing I can think of when seeing you stand on your bath tub is "dont slip!".
Instead of taking the photo in your bathroom risking your life, can you put it on a table or chair and use the timer? Most cameras have those, even on selfphones. Not sure what you are using though. I feel like an old granny now...

Other that, you are off to a good start. The sculpt is a very good one with nice design of armor and such. So wish you good luck with that.

The only thing I can think of when seeing you stand on your bath tub is "dont slip!".
Instead of taking the photo in your bathroom risking your life, can you put it on a table or chair and use the timer? Most cameras have those, even on selfphones. Not sure what you are using though. I feel like an old granny now...

Other that, you are off to a good start. The sculpt is a very good one with nice design of armor and such. So wish you good luck with that.
Haha thankyou for your concern but I am very co-ordinated and agile and don't do anything I know I can't do! Plus I deal with more dangerous physical activities at work than standing on bath tubs

So far great progress I see. Looks like another Foamie's master in the making

If you need any pointers, feel free to ask as I have been dubbed the Foamie's Master now lol.

-James

Thats a cool kit... Mangrasshoper painted it. If I were you I wouldnt leave the armor foamies.. It will wrinkle if it bends. I would mold it and make the armor latex. Just a tip from Mel

Looks great!

~Mel

Thats a cool kit... Mangrasshoper painted it. If I were you I wouldnt leave the armor foamies.. It will wrinkle if it bends. I would mold it and make the armor latex. Just a tip from Mel

Looks great!

~Mel

Mel is the ****. I would listen to her over Gandhi or Buddha

damn that looks awesome so far ,......the gauntlets are way better designed than mine to the point my blood bubbles,...ha hah
very very nice,.....i'll be watching this thread,......=)

Righto here is an update. After a few weeks of buying a heap of stuff off ebay, have not received anything and now I am 4hrs from home picking up my moulding stuff and visiting my boyfriend so he can help me with my spear and wristblades.

He cut the stupid mop bit off the end of my spear with an angle grinder and I stuck the butt of the kids sword on the end. It screws on and off the mop pole. The mop pole is adjustable btw.

And he made me wrist blades from timber, stuck them together with a bit of timber with screws, then put it inside the old latex gauntlet from my man-pred costume I bought. We took off the dodgy material under the latex so it was an open peice of latex. I bought a kids shin pad set which is made from armor you see on motox gear. He drilled 2 holes into the shin pad plastic and the block of wood between the blades and screwed them together.

I made foamie right gauntlets, and the kids shin pad has velcro straps so i rested the blades/shinpad on top of my foamie gauntlet and strapped them together. I have to move them into position a bit better but here it is for the moment. I need to glue the latex down and paint the whole thing of course.

I also made a bead thread to attach to the back of the dreads similar to the one in her pics but couldnt get the beads to thread properly so this is it for now.

I have painted the leg armor and left gauntlet but am not at home so I left those pics behind. I will post them once they are completely painted.

Thanks for watching! Kitty

The wrist blade is covering a nice looking gauntlet the sword thing is awesome the sword butt is amazingthe beads look perfect(where did you get them) the wrist blade looks like you stole it from a Hollywood prop room. I can't wait to see the rest of it.

By the way I like the pug. Imagine going to Pet Smart buying a pug going to bed and wake up to it liking your face, opening your eyes and seeing that!

Lol Bo my boyfriend has a huge ego now after you said his blades are really good! I love the pug actually it reminds me of the vampire pomeeranian from blade which is funnier as I have a pomeranian!

Ok jokes aside I just took some more pics with my SLR rather than the dodgy cameraphone!

These are my best fitting boots put on top of thongs (aka flip flops not g strings lol) and gaffa-taped together so I can put clay on them to make the leg armor and footsies.

Got some tiny dread tip beads was hoping for bigger ones but meh

Right thigh armor - knife plate, adding the chain later (when it turns up in the mail)

And yeh thats itso far. Might look at playing with clay tonight or tomorrow!

…Aren’t we a busy little bee! Love your productivity and your creativity…wow, mind blowing! I’m envious of you’re productivity hehehehe. I too am waiting on a bunch of stuff arrive from e-bay & etsy and can't wait to get started!!! I would love to see more of the skin you painted up.
~Estelle

…Aren’t we a busy little bee! Love your productivity and your creativity…wow, mind blowing! I’m envious of you’re productivity hehehehe. I too am waiting on a bunch of stuff arrive from e-bay & etsy and can't wait to get started!!! I would love to see more of the skin you painted up.
~Estelle
Thanks hun I actualy have no time on my hands due to a crappy work roster and a boyfriend four hours away lol but when I am at home it's all I can do! Stuff the housework lol. Unfortunately due to latex going up 43% in price as of now, I will be keeping my skin as a cotton body suit and won't be converting to latex like your lovely skins. Theres heaps of pics of the skin in the completed suit thread under 'first timer'.. I am just about to start the clay build on the boots wish me luck.

*EDIT* PLEASE DO NOT REPOST PICS.

yeah the pomeranian from Blade Trinety had a mouth that looked like vampire things in Blade 2.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back