Quantum Realm Suit |Chest|Back|Arms Build

Quantum Stan

Wanted to share the new build I started... "Avengers:Endgame" opening night attire.
I got this crazy idea after seeing all the hoodie and jacket ads on Social Media.
Many thanks to a fellow member for the foam files.
So I decided to build the Chest-Back-Shoulders-&-Forearms and attach the pieces to a jacket.
I modified the pattern a bit, added another layer of chest plate so it appears 3 layers as "movie" version.
The Forearms and Shoulder are attached to a polystyrene shell. I completed the right forearm today, tested size and ready to go.
The chest, back, forearms and shoulders will be held in place with snaps/velcro so the jacket has multi-gear use.
First pics, something easy to get me going.
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190329145400245_COVER.jpg 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190329145428576_COVER.jpg 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190329150319776_COVER.jpg IMG_20190329_102319.jpg
4MM HD EVA

Did you freehand the template? Looks pretty good so far.
Thank you...
Yes and no...a member shared a set of files with me, the forearm is from those, the chest piece is a combination of printed and self generated made templates.
I rarely use files as designed, I like to merge pieces and join small pieces when possible, as long as the end result is the same I prefer this as it makes the cuts and assembly much easier.
I do create from scratch if needed, I take a photo make it monochrome, then covert to svg, once svg, I open in Cameo Studio tweak design, then I let my Cameo sketch out the piece.
I make paper checks for sizing, once sized I transfer to EVA.
The biceps in this build I have redesigned, as I wanted 2 sides and the remainder accents. That piece/mod will be shown in the coming days.

Thank you...
Yes and no...a member shared a set of files with me, the forearm is from those, the chest piece is a combination of printed and self generated made templates.
I rarely use files as designed, I like to merge pieces and join small pieces when possible, as long as the end result is the same I prefer this as it makes the cuts and assembly much easier.
I do create from scratch if needed, I take a photo make it monochrome, then covert to svg, once svg, I open in Cameo Studio tweak design, then I let my Cameo sketch out the piece.
I make paper checks for sizing, once sized I transfer to EVA.
The biceps in this build I have redesigned, as I wanted 2 sides and the remainder accents. That piece/mod will be shown in the coming days.
Would you mind sharing the pepakura files? I'm thinking of making my own quantum suit for the premiere.

Been super busy at work, I had a chance tonight to test attachment of the fabric and work with it a bit.
This is YAYA HAN Cosplay fabric, 4-way stretch, Red accents, carbon fiber and pleather, I attach to foam using Medium Temp hot glue, contact cement, and an old fashion needle threaded with braided fishing line, when attaching to fabric (garment) I sew or use heat tape.
One is plain, the other has one spray over of gold metalizer. Just doing checks and samples to see how this fabric works, so far it's awesome.
fabric-samples.jpg fabric-samples-metalized.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back