Quantum Leap 2022 Handlink re-design

LeoCor Replicas

Seems there's an updated Handlink design from the new Quantum Leap sequel. Found only one picture of it so far, and it appears to be from an episode that will premiere in a couple of weeks, although chances are it will make an appearance tonight in the pilot, but I like the look of it so far!

earthquake.jpeg

In the pilot it's basically a disc with 2 blue circles that light up. Looks like they're following in the tradition of the original show and changing the design of the handlink. Wonder if they'll address it in the show or not?

In the pilot it's basically a disc with 2 blue circles that light up. Looks like they're following in the tradition of the original show and changing the design of the handlink. Wonder if they'll address it in the show or not?
From the Quantum Leap Podcast interview with Caitlin last night, they will briefly mention the handlink change since the originally shot pilot (1989 Earthquake) is being re-edited to act as episode 6.

And yeah the handlink is like a disc from the movie Tron now:

Handlink2022.jpg

I really hope they don't keep the disk handlink. While I was hoping that they would use the gummy one to start out with I would definitely settle for the one in the earthquake episode. At least that 1 resembles a handlink and Is recognizable from across the room. If I had to guess I think they will progress progress the handlink same as they did in the original series.

The "Disk-link" looks a bit boring and uninspired, it is essentially a portable projector from the pictures posted above. Without any buttons to make input queries, it isn't a truly interactive piece of technology and therefore doesn't fit with established lore regarding the purpose of the Handlink.

I hope the real Handlink previewed above is a proper reflection of this iconic prop and still has the original Hanna Barbera sound effects.

The "Disk-link" looks a bit boring and uninspired, it is essentially a portable projector from the pictures posted above. Without any buttons to make input queries, it isn't a truly interactive piece of technology and therefore doesn't fit with established lore regarding the purpose of the Handlink.

I hope the real Handlink previewed above is a proper reflection of this iconic prop and still has the original Hanna Barbera sound effects.
It looks like a wireless phone charger to me, with a little extra acrylic disk added to the top. I liked the one in the image posted above, so maybe we'll still see it in the later episodes. As far as the original sound effects, I'm not holding my breath.

At least a *good* mockup of the disc handlink isn't going to cost much to replicate. And the sound effects for it are so ridiculously boring, why even bother, thus keeping the cost even lower.

It was interesting, though. I'm pretty sure this latest episode was the first time Addison smacked the handlink, and just happens to be the episode where we see the old one at the end.

Last edited:
It looks like a wireless phone charger to me, with a little extra acrylic disk added to the top. I liked the one in the image posted above, so maybe we'll still see it in the later episodes. As far as the original sound effects, I'm not holding my breath.

At least a *good* mockup of the disc handlink isn't going to cost much to replicate. And the sound effects for it are so ridiculously boring, why even bother, thus keeping the cost even lower.

It was interesting, though. I'm pretty sure this latest episode was the first time Addison smacked the handlink, and just happens to be the episode where we see the old one at the end.
I'm wondering if by the earthquake episode, we'll see a re-design of the handlink, since all the promo shots show Addison with a different handlink. Maybe it'll tie into the whole Ziggy repair/Janis storyline, where they'll have to give Addison a new one, like when Al switched from the calculator to the Gummi Bear model.

Either that, or they'll just do re-shoots.

A saleable replica needs four things:
  • Available reference material (screenshots, contemporary set/prop photos)
  • A manufacturable design*
  • Customer interest
  • Artist interest
We've got the first two. I don't know that we have the third or fourth.

The original show didn't have the first calculator until episode 3, the second calculator until episode 13, and we didn't get the gummy bear until the 35th episode if I am remembering correctly. I'm anticipating that the Amazon Echo / Wireless Charger won't be the last design.

* I want to do the time jump watch from MIB3 but that concave LCD screen is bananas.

Last edited:
A saleable replica needs four things:
  • Available reference material (screenshots, contemporary set/prop photos)
  • A manufacturable design*
  • Customer interest
  • Artist interest
We've got the first two. I don't know that we have the third or fourth.

The original show didn't have the first calculator until episode 3, the second calculator until episode 13, and we didn't get the gummy bear until the 35th episode if I am remembering correctly. I'm anticipating that the Amazon Echo / Wireless Charger won't be the last design.

* I want to do the time jump watch from MIB3 but that concave LCD screen is bananas.
I'm currently working on a replica of the Puck(?) handlink for myself. Not super accurate, but going off of screen-grabs, I think it might look pretty cool once finished!

Do you think they used a wireless charger or a puck light? I think it’s a cool design but I do miss the sound effects of the original

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back