QMX TNG comm badge pre-order

Me too. There is just something about that little prop that I love. I think it was the shock and awe when I watched the first episode and saw the "Away Team" on Farpoint. I was checking them out, seeing a phaser on one hip a tricorder on the other, but I could not see a communicator anywhere. When I heard the hail while they were on the planet, I was expecting to see them reach down and pull out a flip open device, but saw them tap the badge instead. I remember saying, "That's the communicator? Cool!" I think that is why I love that prop so much! The fact that I was blown away by it and what it was!

The one that came after that with the flat gold bar, Not so much impressed with.

Agreed. Although I did like the in-show "future" badge with the multiple bars indicating rank.

Agreed. That was an actual value added item to the prop. It would also be practical for identification as well. It is a lot easier to see that on a person's chest and immediately see what rank you are dealing with, rather than try to crain your head to the side of their neck and count pips!

Too cool. Great that they started with the source material and frankly Im fine with a remastered version in this case.

Preordered. Thanks for the heads up.

And if you're really clever, you can use an iron on patch to permanantly adhere the back plate to your uniform, so at convention time you can pull the badge off and on without the plate slipping down behind your shirt and impress all the Andorian chicks.

Or if you're ghetto, I guess some duct tape would work just as well! :lol

Complete with black sharpie outline? Are the original rattle can color known?

It was a casting off an original so no colour although I think it was just standard spray colours they used. I was referring to the sculpt, it's rough in comparison to what you would likely expect. :)

For the chirp just make the noise with your mouth. :lol

And if you're really clever, you can use an iron on patch to permanantly adhere the back plate to your uniform, so at convention time you can pull the badge off and on without the plate slipping down behind your shirt and impress all the Andorian chicks.

Forget the Andorian girls, get me some of that Orion Slave Girl action... :love

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back