Q: DaVinci Code - Mona Lisa Replica

kidryno

Anyone know if there are plans to create a framed replica of the Mona Lisa painting.... I would love to find a good giclee replica with the "So Dark the Con of Man" line written in UV paint across it that could only be seen with a blacklight. I'm sure one of the many talented artisans here could lend a thought or 2 to this...

Actually, it wasn't written on the painting. It's written on the glass infront of the painting. The Mona Lisa is in a cabinet in the Louvre, not hanging out in the open. You can see the shadow of the writing on the painting when the light shines on it.

Go on ebay, buy a mona lisa poster, and a uv invisible ink marker. You can by a frame at walmart all for a total of around 20-30 dollars. I still need to do mine, but I have it all worked out.

Check out something like paintedwithoil.com, they have done some real interesting reproductions, not too costly.

-Bryan

<div class='quotetop'>(penwiper @ May 18 2006, 06:45 AM) [snapback]1246196[/snapback]</div>
Of course, to be really accurate you need to write "This is a fake" under the paint with magic marker...
[/b]

It would go without saying if the copy is bigger than a magazine. The real one isn't as big as most people think.

<div class='quotetop'>(DuneMuadDib @ May 18 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]1246292[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(penwiper @ May 18 2006, 06:45 AM) [snapback]1246196[/snapback]
Of course, to be really accurate you need to write "This is a fake" under the paint with magic marker...
[/b]

It would go without saying if the copy is bigger than a magazine. The real one isn't as big as most people think.
[/b][/quote]

Or if it's painted/printed on anything other than a slab of wood. She's not a canvas lass.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedirick @ May 18 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]1246556[/snapback]</div>
Oil on wood she is.

Other factoids for accuracy:
Also known as La Gioconda, 30 x 20 7/8 in. (77 x 53 cm)
[/b]

The Mona Lisa, was, according to virtually all art historians, a painted portrait of Madam Lisa Gioconda, wife of rich Italian businessman, Francesco Gioconda. And part of the reason her smile and overall expression is so "mysterious," is because she has no eyebrows, as, in Italy during the Renaissance, it was considered highly fashionable for women to shave them off.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back