Q: DaVinci Code - Mona Lisa Replica

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by kidryno, May 17, 2006.

1. kidryno

kidryno New Member

Anyone know if there are plans to create a framed replica of the Mona Lisa painting.... I would love to find a good giclee replica with the "So Dark the Con of Man" line written in UV paint across it that could only be seen with a blacklight. I'm sure one of the many talented artisans here could lend a thought or 2 to this...

2. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Actually, it wasn't written on the painting. It's written on the glass infront of the painting. The Mona Lisa is in a cabinet in the Louvre, not hanging out in the open. You can see the shadow of the writing on the painting when the light shines on it.

3. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Well-Known Member

I'm the giclee printer when you're ready.

4. spiderfan11

spiderfan11 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Go on ebay, buy a mona lisa poster, and a uv invisible ink marker. You can by a frame at walmart all for a total of around 20-30 dollars. I still need to do mine, but I have it all worked out.

5. OnePunchMickey

OnePunchMickey New Member

Just paint one. Thats what Leonardo would do.

6. Walter

Walter Sr Member

Check out something like paintedwithoil.com, they have done some real interesting reproductions, not too costly.

-Bryan

7. penwiper

penwiper Well-Known Member

Of course, to be really accurate you need to write "This is a fake" under the paint with magic marker...

8. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(penwiper @ May 18 2006, 06:45 AM) [snapback]1246196[/snapback]</div>
    It would go without saying if the copy is bigger than a magazine. The real one isn't as big as most people think.

9. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(DuneMuadDib @ May 18 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]1246292[/snapback]</div>
    It would go without saying if the copy is bigger than a magazine. The real one isn't as big as most people think.
    [/b][/quote]

Or if it's painted/printed on anything other than a slab of wood. She's not a canvas lass.

10. Jedirick

Jedirick Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oil on wood she is.

Other factoids for accuracy:
    Also known as La Gioconda, 30 x 20 7/8 in. (77 x 53 cm)

11. gnrlotto

gnrlotto Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedirick @ May 18 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]1246556[/snapback]</div>

The Mona Lisa, was, according to virtually all art historians, a painted portrait of Madam Lisa Gioconda, wife of rich Italian businessman, Francesco Gioconda. And part of the reason her smile and overall expression is so "mysterious," is because she has no eyebrows, as, in Italy during the Renaissance, it was considered highly fashionable for women to shave them off.

12. DarthBish

DarthBish Well-Known Member

Hannnnnnnng on.......copying the Mona Lisa...

Isn't that a form of re-casting?? :p