Purchased Cap Shield….Is it legit?

I purchased this "Cattoys" shield on eBay after reading a thread on this forum about how amazing they were. The shield arrived without the standard wooden case. There were no markings on the product indicating who made it. I was wondering if this was a cheaper knockoff and not worth what I paid for it. Here are some pictures: IMG_1871.JPGIMG_1870.JPGIMG_1869.JPGIMG_1868.JPGIMG_1867.JPGIMG_1866.JPGIMG_1865.JPGIMG_1864.JPG

I've heard cattoys made a shield, never saw one before! Yours looks nice, also depends if your happy with it! how much did you pay for it? king arts and efx shields run for $600.+!,

Looks OK, comes down to cost.
Was it sold new or used? ....but either way I'd ask the seller about the case.
If it was used they may try the line "well the sale didn't say there was a case included" bit.

Thanks all for the replies! I paid $450 for the shield including s/h. I guess avg is $550-$600 with shipping, so I got it for a bit less. It's not that I'm not happy with it, I just wanted to ensure I wasn't missing out on something better for a bit more. I noticed slight color bleeding around the star area. I'm not overly concerned about the lack of a case, I want this baby to be out and seen, not hidden away in a case!

Yes, this is the Cattoys shield. some dont have perfect paint. Ive seen a few of them before in person. I can tell by the straps and how the grooves are, and the smaller shape of it (theres is a 22/24 inch shield diameter, and the movies is 26 inches), that it is indeed legitimately Cattoys. so no worries there! nice piece!

Yes, this is the Cattoys shield. some dont have perfect paint. Ive seen a few of them before in person. I can tell by the straps and how the grooves are, and the smaller shape of it (theres is a 22/24 inch shield diameter, and the movies is 26 inches), that it is indeed legitimately Cattoys. so no worries there! nice piece!

Well, to be fair, the first movie had shield sizes ranging from 24"-26" in diameter depending on the shot, whether the shield was stunt/hero/cgi, etc.

I have a Cattoys Shield (and a Cattoys Iron Man helmet). Your Shield seems to be like mine. I just have to look on mine if there is "Cattoys" printed between the brackets (I m not sure).
about the wooden box, if you don't have, I'm sorry for you because it's an interesting piece (the S.H.I.E.L.D. Logo).
cattoys make an honorable work I think. For information I paid 400€ (460 USD).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back