Psycho House & Bates Motel at Universal Studios Hollywood

Dont forget that during Man on the Moon Jim Carrey, in character as Andy Kaufman, dressed up as a woman with a wig and ran out of the house at a tram or three wielding a fake knife.

In the vid it states they replaced the rotting wood from the original house. I wonder if anyone kept pieces of it. That would be cool to have.

Last edited:
:lol you know they had fun that day!! :lol

Dont forget that during Man on the Moon Jim Carrey, in character as Andy Kaufman, dressed up as a woman with a wig and ran out of the house at a tram or three wielding a fake knife.

Informative video, thanks for posting!

Where does the shot-for-shot remake fit into all that?

Also, why was it relocated for the sequel? Too much other stuff nearby, limiting camera angles?

Informative video, thanks for posting!

Where does the shot-for-shot remake fit into all that?

Also, why was it relocated for the sequel? Too much other stuff nearby, limiting camera angles?
I'm not sure when they moved it for the sequals, I know the original Motel from the first film was torn down a while after the original, they moved the house for Psycho II and re-built for the sequals, Not sure why the moved it but maybe it was because there were too many nearby things...they also had to repair it because it was falling apart.

These were taken on March 17, 2011. I was riding in a golf cart with a Universal Studios employee and we passed it:

img1002h.jpg

img1003u.jpg

Joe

I have some pics somewhere around my house of my friends and I running around inside the place.

Just a tidbit - When I worked at Amblin we used to take the cart up to the house all the time and you could always count on finding beer cans and underwear - seems this is the most popular sex spot on the lot.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back