Propworx Closing its Doors

suicide.gif

hahahahahaha

Let me get this straight.

If one screws people and steals lots of money it is ok as long as it is done legally?

We may need to rethink that system.

You forgot to add as long as we all still get some cool swag THEN it's ok! ;)

Let me get this straight.

If one screws people and steals lots of money it is ok as long as it is done legally?

We may need to rethink that system.

Originally Posted by Alan Castillo
Where did those $400,000 go ?

Isn't it possible some of the 400k is in the new items Propworx is auctioning?

Unless you are speaking on Alecs’ behalf, I would have a discussion directly with him, and not you.

That would assume I would want to speak to you. If you aren't a Propworx customer, I am not interested in chatting. If you are, you know how to contact me directly.

But - as I mentioned earlier - I suspect that defining the scope of Propworx's suppliers to be just major production studios for specialized auctions focusing on a single television series or feature film - could have significantly limited the potential for future business. How often would one expect opportunities to arise where a major production studio wanted to auction all of its assets from a single popular TV show? I think that defining that narrow a source of auction material truly had the best interests of the collector in mind to ensure the absolute authenticity of the memorabilia that was sold - but it certainly prevented Propworx from holding a regular quarterly or more frequent auction schedule. I suspect that they might have been able to hold many more auctions and perhaps not filed for bankruptcy if they were willing to accept auction memorabilia from thousands of individual consignors - but that would have compromised the impeccable provenance of the memorabilia. So you could say that Alec erred on the side of wanting to provide impeccable product to his customers - is that the fault the questioners are trying to bring to light?

You hit the nail on the head. The Market was too small and couldn't sustain us as we were doing business.

Alec

I'm not at all taking sides here but it just dawned on me......"is there a point to all this?" Nothing anyone says here is going to stop Propworx from continuing doing business. I see no point in all this back and forth mud slinging and arguing....things are what they are and nothings going to change anything......just my 2 cents.

Morals or ethics-wise aside...no crimes, in the eyes of the U.S Laws, have been committed. Simply put, if you don't like Propworx then don't ever do business with them......and vise-versa if you do like Propworx.

Exactly. And since it seems almost everyone who HAS done business with Propworx is happy with us, and all the complainers and attacks are from people who have not done business with us, I suggest there is no point to this thread.

The more that the two parties post in this thread, the less I like either of them. This is one of those instances where it's best to just let it die.

That would assume I would want to speak to you

Rest assured that that was the last thing on mind.

And since it seems almost everyone who HAS done business with Propworx is happy with us, and all the complainers and attacks are from people who have not done business with us, I suggest there is no point to this thread.

Some may not have done business with you, but at the end of the day, you have addressed members of this board, and under the circumstances, questions were sure to arise.

Discussing any matter whatsoever is, of course, your entire prerogative.

What you cannot prevent, however, is others from continuing to speak, so long as it is done in a civilised manner of course.

Have a nice day :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back