Propstore problems

Knightmare

Sr Member
Has anyone happen to seen this video ?
Really interesting about this high end collector Sean and the Propstore . It seems he got some items from the propstore and things have not gone well lol. He also has another video which is very entertaining to say the least . Not sure if he's a member here or not ?

Has anyone happen to seen this video ?
Really interesting about this high end collector Sean and the Propstore . It seems he got some items from the propstore and things have not gone well lol. He also has another video which is very entertaining to say the least . Not sure if he's a member here or not ?
I have to put most of the blame on this guy. He shredded and failed to record it. And he didn’t need to send all of his previous months of shredded papers just to prove a point. I have a shredder, I know how they work, and they do not churn the new shredded items in with the old stuff, they literally lay the new pieces ON TOP. So it shouldn’t have been extremely hard to pull the new pieces off, and try to piece enough items together to show that it actually is the COA… especially if part of those pieces feature the hologram sticker. So could have Prop Store been more lenient? Maybe. Is it their responsibility to spend hours trying to find the pieces and reconstruct the COA? Hell no! Especially when he has now mixed the old with the new by scooping it all into the bag to ship.

I have to put most of the blame on this guy. He shredded and failed to record it. And he didn’t need to send all of his previous months of shredded papers just to prove a point. I have a shredder, I know how they work, and they do not churn the new shredded items in with the old stuff, they literally lay the new pieces ON TOP. So it shouldn’t have been extremely hard to pull the new pieces off, and try to piece enough items together to show that it actually is the COA… especially if part of those pieces feature the hologram sticker. So could have Prop Store been more lenient? Maybe. Is it their responsibility to spend hours trying to find the pieces and reconstruct the COA? Hell no! Especially when he has now mixed the old with the new by scooping it all into the bag to ship.
Have you seen this video lol ? It seems like he has had a couple unfavorable experiences with them .

Yeah, that was complete on the Prop Store Director of Operations. At least they stepped up and took care of him in the end. But that whole shredding debacle, I still say it was all on him for f’ing that up.
I totally agree. He shows them pieces of paper that can't be identified and leaves it all up to Propstore to figure things out. Sending that full bag of shredded paper is crazy and I applaud the way Propstore reacted on it (I would have been a lot harsher). If he had taken the time to tape up all the pieces he had to show at least parts of the shredded COA he would have been done. Now he is just blaming them for his own problem.

Auctionhouses protect the consignors. In the case of the Shinning book contacting the consignors was not about the pieces, but about the book. I presume Propstore in that very specific situation asked the consignor(s) if he/she/they could give their details out. It is a completely different situation.

I totally agree. He shows them pieces of paper that can't be identified and leaves it all up to Propstore to figure things out. Sending that full bag of shredded paper is crazy and I applaud the way Propstore reacted on it (I would have been a lot harsher). If he had taken the time to tape up all the pieces he had to show at least parts of the shredded COA he would have been done. Now he is just blaming them for his own problem.

Auctionhouses protect the consignors. In the case of the Shinning book contacting the consignors was not about the pieces, but about the book. I presume Propstore in that very specific situation asked the consignor(s) if he/she/they could give their details out. It is a completely different situation.
He did take blame for the COA not being filmed . Sean made some points about Propstore giving out consignors information in the past . I think it is fair to say that both parties could have handled it better IMO. We are talking a very large sum of money looks to be around150- 200k . I have seen people go ballistic on here for a sliver of what he spent. The guy obviously isn’t a grifter who is trying to use these COAS for any other purpose and they know that .For me that would be the most insulting part of this . But then again Sean really is hard to feel bad for . How many personal collection videos can one person make ? lol
But I bet they wish they had just sent the COAS now as this video is gaining momentum . He did say in the video they tried to get him to take the videos down . I would have refused also if I was in his position .

Last edited:
He did take blame for the COA not being filmed . Sean made some points about Propstore giving out consignors information in the past . I think it is fair to say that both parties could have handled it better IMO. We are talking a very large sum of money looks to be around150- 200k . I have seen people go ballistic on here for a sliver of what he spent. The guy obviously isn’t a grifter who is trying to use these COAS for any other purpose and they know that .For me that would be the most insulting part of this . But then again Sean really is hard to feel bad for . How many personal collection videos can one person make ? lol
But I bet they wish they had just sent the COAS now as this video is gaining momentum . He did say in the video they tried to get him to take the videos down . I would have refused also if I was in his position .
The fact it is about pieces that cost a lot of money it is key for Propstore to be careful, no matter who the buyer is. With that kind of money it can be tempting for some to pass of replica's for real if they have an extra COA. I'm not saying he was planning to do so, but that is the risk Propstore is trying to avoid. And their instructions are as simple as can be.

He is not taking responsibility for the silly act of sending all those paper bits. It was his fault he f-ed up shredding the COA (imho he was pissed and then made the poor decision not to get a scissors but to take it into the extreme) and the easiest way to mend it was to tape up the parts he could find. Sending that bag of paper bits looked a bit like an *f*u* towards Propstore.

I have had situations with propstore in the past regarding COA's. I followed their instructions and all things worked out. Heck...if I can do it... ;)

The fact it is about pieces that cost a lot of money it is key for Propstore to be careful, no matter who the buyer is. With that kind of money it can be tempting for some to pass of replica's for real if they have an extra COA. I'm not saying he was planning to do so, but that is the risk Propstore is trying to avoid. And their instructions are as simple as can be.

He is not taking responsibility for the silly act of sending all those paper bits. It was his fault he f-ed up shredding the COA (imho he was pissed and then made the poor decision not to get a scissors but to take it into the extreme) and the easiest way to mend it was to tape up the parts he could find. Sending that bag of paper bits looked a bit like an *f*u* towards Propstore.

I have had situations with propstore in the past regarding COA's. I followed their instructions and all things worked out. Heck...if I can do it... ;)
I cant imagine if I made videos about all the crazy things that have happened to me in this hobby . Hmmmmm lol

It's a COA, not a birth certificate. I have a really hard time understanding why Propstore makes it so difficult to get a replacement COA. It's not like the COA has any real monetary value. Auctions have gone without COAs for decades, and auction records are a lot more difficult to fake. All the COA really does is show a link in the chain of custody.

He's a high profile buyer, spending no small amount of money with Propstore. I can't see why they would be making things so difficult.

It's a COA, not a birth certificate. I have a really hard time understanding why Propstore makes it so difficult to get a replacement COA. It's not like the COA has any real monetary value. Auctions have gone without COAs for decades, and auction records are a lot more difficult to fake. All the COA really does is show a link in the chain of custody.

He's a high profile buyer, spending no small amount of money with Propstore. I can't see why they would be making things so difficult.
I totally agree with you . The video now has over 50k views and counting . His subscribers have
gone up several thousand since that video .

A Propstore COA has an indirect monetary value, as without it there are less people willing to buy a prop, (thus lowering the potential resale value). There are replica makers out there that try to copy props to the smallest detail, so a COA in essence proofs the item is the auction item.

Propstore made it very simple, "take a photo of your cut COA". He took it into the extreme, that went wrong and then he tried to make it Propstore's problem.

Yes, but he spent $118,750 on that lot. I would have given him the benefit of the doubt to preserve a good working relationship. But, he is still dealing with them, so nothing lost, except for the bad vibe the videos emit.

A Propstore COA has an indirect monetary value, as without it there are less people willing to buy a prop, (thus lowering the potential resale value). There are replica makers out there that try to copy props to the smallest detail, so a COA in essence proofs the item is the auction item.

That's a fair point. I think a lot of people assign a lot of value to a COA, believing that it ensures that item is authentic. Which is how they are presented, to the point where even COAs are being faked, along with holographic stickers and the like.

Except that they don't, in general, warrant any sort of authenticity. There are very few COAs in the collectibles world that are searchable by serial number that provide sufficient information to determine if the COA and the item are both authentic, sports cards, coins and comics are the notable exemption.

Even in those cases, where you can search the database and compare, I'm pretty sure that the COA doesn't imply any sort of liability if they are wrong about the item being authentic. In other words, if they are wrong, it sucks to be you! I've heard of them refunding grading fees on cards and such when the item is later determined to be fake, but that's about it.

If COAs were really an important item that adds true value to an item, wouldn't all the major auction houses, like Christie's and Phillips, be doing them?

As it is, we currently rely on the honesty and integrity of the auction house selling the item, and it is in their best interest to be right. By and large, they usually are. The whole dog and pony show about issuing a replacement COA to the person WHO JUST BOUGHT the items is just... inane. All 4 jackets were on one COA, and he asked for a COA for each one. All perfectly reasonable. To me, it's not just that they don't want to issue a replacement COA, the unreasonableness of the how and the why are beyond me.

If I lose the COA in a house fire, will Propstore refuse to let me consign an item? I think not.

Last edited:
Yes, but he spent $118,750 on that lot. I would have given him the benefit of the doubt to preserve a good working relationship. But, he is still dealing with them, so nothing lost, except for the bad vibe the videos emit.
I mean they’re insinuating what that he made this elaborate hoax filmed it and is going to what sell fakes all over the web? lol Give me a break it’s a terrible look for them . Video is almost at 60k views holy smokes . I have also documented Propstore selling Replicas as Originals via auctions in the past .

Last edited:
Actually Propstore guarantees the authenticity of the item for the lifetime of the piece. My guess is that’s why they are reluctant to replace COAs.
I’d also say, fakes are a part of the hobby. Buyers, regardless of the seller, should do their homework.
My dealings with Propstore have all been positive and I’m comfortable that the items I purchased are what they claimed.

Ultimately what Propstore wants is the coa to be damaged beyond repair, but what remains of the COA to be identifiable. To me that means, don’t shred it, don’t burn it, don’t pour a bunch of black paint on it, etc. Tear it up a few times by hand, like they suggested in their emails, and this wouldn’t have been a problem.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.” Sean clearly made some very bad decisions here. There are no two ways about it. However, and I can only speak for myself, if I was Propstore I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here that the original was destroyed. They should take it as a learning experience and in future give very specific instructions (not suggestions, instructions) in terms of the destruction and proof thereof required. Send the man his individual COAs…

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back