Propstore problems

I've no stake in any of this but the majority of collectors and those that are consigned to sell items much of the time have little to no actual knowledge of how an item is created. That includes techniques, materials used or for items of an era bygone the question of longevity. Props and set dressing are created for specific purposes generally as quickly and cheaply as possible. Hence why is amazing things like the item in question have survived what so ever. 've seen people refer to an item in hand as resin when in fact it's hard rubber or a firm rubber when its original density was soft foam. Items age as does the materials they are created from. What may seem like a very robust and well built item may show it's weaknesses when moved or pressure asserted outside of its intended display.

Seems to me both sides have a fair share of positives and negatives in how things were handled. Are either sides idiots or morons, not at all. If they can afford a hobby such as screen used high profile items so be it. With collectors such as this were at an in between of collecting and preservation. When an item has a story that's passed along with it that's invaluable. Now the item has more lore and history to it.

Worst case scenario, he might NOT have destroyed the COA, is trying to get more COA, and use the original COA (not destroyed) to sell copies.

We might not ever know the truth.

If the COA is in strips, 5 minutes to reassemble it. If cross cut, 60 minutes to reassemble it. Unless you have a high-security micro cut shredder, the COA could be rebuilt. Micro cut....several days to reassemble. All you're doing is a jigsaw puzzle. You don't have to assemble the whole thing to satisfy The Auction house, just enough of the key areas to show that it *IS* the COA destroyed.

So as this sits 93k Views on the video and he still has no COA or COAS for these ? As much as Sean did some stupid silly things and is annoying
the man paid the near 30 pct buyer fee on top of the massive Hammer price . Give him his COAS or a COA . At this point it seems like its possibly personal on behalf of the Propstore in retaliation for these videos ? Why not just end it and have a laugh. Do a follow up video spoof them (Propstore) sending him the COAS they might actually break 59 views for the horrible bland stiff YouTube videos they usually post lol .

Last edited:
So as this sits 93k Views on the video and he still has no COA or COAS for these ? As much as Sean did some stupid silly things and is annoying
the man paid the near 30 pct buyer fee on top of the massive Hammer price . Give him his COAS or a COA . At this point it seems like its possibly personal on behalf of the Propstore in retaliation for these videos ? Why not just end it and have a laugh. Do a follow up video spoof them (Propstore) sending him the COAS they might actually break 59 views for the horrible bland stiff YouTube videos they usually post lol .
There is a simple solution, he just isn't doing it. All he needs to do is request Prop Store send back his box of shredded scraps. Then he assemble the COA, and submit that to them. The next move is his, and this video wasn't the move to make them cave.

Right they have the shredded paper not sure why at this point they just don't send it to him .
He has some nice items with no CAOS but I guess he did gain some YouTube followers out of this lol

Right they have the shredded paper not sure why at this point they just don't send it to him .
He has some nice items with no CAOS but I guess he did gain some YouTube followers out of this lol
Maybe they did ship it back, but maybe he just refuses to take the time to fix things, and he would rather try to get views on YouTube. :lol:

Maybe they did ship it back, but maybe he just refuses to take the time to fix things, and he would rather try to get views on YouTube. :lol:

Being told to TEAR it up, and instead, shredding it is an overreaction. Making a Drama out of it gets him sympathy. If they send him the COA, then the sympathy ends.

I purchased something in the last auction. Item showed up today with a minor issue. Not the item, but an accessory.
I called Prop Store, spoke with a rep who listened to my concerns. There was a small discrepancy between the pic and the item description.
He followed up with his management team and responded within a couple of hours. Needless to say I am very satisfied with the support I received. They were more than fair and took care of me promptly.

I gotta say, I’ve always had exceptional service from Propstore. Everyone has been pleasant and helpful.

I’ve never met Sean Clark. I have been watching his videos and very much enjoy them. In this case though, I think the issue is more with Sean.

So this is interesting… I recently purchased a lot containing two scripts from the Buy Now section on their site. From the Uk location.
I sent a request to Propstore requesting a separate COA for each and was told that’s not their policy and they are unable to do that.
I sent a follow up requesting an exception as I really only wanted one of the scripts and would probably part with the second. Again, I was told no.

When Sean first reached out, he was told no problem getting separate COAs. It was only after the shredding issue that things went south.

Not sure if this whole fiasco caused them to change their policy or if something else is driving why I was told no.

So this is interesting… I recently purchased a lot containing two scripts from the Buy Now section on their site. From the Uk location.
I sent a request to Propstore requesting a separate COA for each and was told that’s not their policy and they are unable to do that.
I sent a follow up requesting an exception as I really only wanted one of the scripts and would probably part with the second. Again, I was told no.

When Sean first reached out, he was told no problem getting separate COAs. It was only after the shredding issue that things went south.

Not sure if this whole fiasco caused them to change their policy or if something else is driving why I was told no.
No they dont give multiple COAS so you cant break them up and make money . The same thing they have done for the last 20 years it’s pretty pathetic at this point . Print up a COA yourself sign it thats what most people do .
Way back they trolled Ebay hard buying up all the studio auctions then flipped them for higher prices on the site with their COA lol . They got away doing this for so many years it wasn’t even funny that Is a 100 pct fact . Back when you could see who bid and bought on Ebay. At this point he doesn’t have enough money ? Bad Karma IMO

No they dont give multiple COAS so you cant break them up and make money . The same thing they have done for the last 20 years it’s pretty pathetic at this point . Print up a COA yourself sign it thats what most people do .
Way back they trolled Ebay hard buying up all the studio auctions then flipped them for higher prices on the site with their COA lol . They got away doing this for so many years it wasn’t even funny that Is a 100 pct fact . Back when you could see who bid and bought on Ebay. At this point he doesn’t have enough money ? Bad Karma IMO
Not sure if you know that the RPF owner, Art, is actually the Director of Consignments at Propstore. He might not be happy that you keep trashing Propstore around here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Appreciate the info. I assumed because Sean Clark was initially told getting multiple COAs was not a problem that it was something they would do.

I did escalate to a manager but sounds like the answer will be “sorry, we just don’t do that”… but I guess will see what happens.

Not sure if you know that the RPF owner, Art, is actually the Director of Consignments at Propstore. He might not be happy that you keep trashing Propstore around here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am simply lending a hand helping a very nice member who helped me out in the past when he didn't have to . Thats what Friends do for each other .

Appreciate the info. I assumed because Sean Clark was initially told getting multiple COAs was not a problem that it was something they would do.

I did escalate to a manager but sounds like the answer will be “sorry, we just don’t do that”… but I guess will see what happens.
Guessing here, but I imagine they offered Sean separate COA's due to the high $ value of the lot in question, and the fact that he had previously spent a lot of money with them. Not exactly egalitarian, but that's business, I guess. It does raise an eyebrow with future high ticket items that are offered together. The other way I've seen of dealing with this issue is to scan or photogr the original COA to show buyers the legitimacy of the separated piece.

I got my scripts today, with the one COA.
I do like Propstore and have spent quite a bit with them over the last couple of years. I do understand lots with a high dollar amount will get extra attention. And I’m sure being an “influencer” also has its perks.

I also understand not wanting to provide separate COAs for certain lots. Like a costume… one for shirt, one for pants, etc.
But it would be nice if there was more flexibility with the rule.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back