PropShop announces TFA Props!

Besides the Kylo hilt, Kylo Helmet, Darth Vader Melted and Rey hilt, did anyone else order any of the other Prop Shop TFA props?

The Pawn

TRAPPED-DESTINY OF GOOD...or EVIL?

If any of you remember the sideshow weta busts and statues, you may also remember that these were supposed to be hand painted as well. There were a bunch of so called bad paint issues and I ended up with a few because I bought them 3rd party off ebay. If they are hand painted, wouldn't you know there is a paint issue? Unless you are doing this in the dark, you can tell right away something is not right. Also, when something is hand painted, it takes a certain amount of time for each piece. If you are talking about a run of 3000, how long would that take? And rember, they have how many different items?

Only reason I can think of is if it missed the final step of weathering (which it sounds like), and somehow got piled in with a bunch of others, and hurriedly packed.
I know Weta sometimes contracts people for a couple of weeks to help out on models, not sure precisely in which department, so that could account for a couple of (albeit bad, I take it - I'm not up to date with what happened with the Weta models) mistakes.

Anyone confirm that the whole body is metal ? I read that the pommel section might be 3D printed.

i've heard the same thing... i've also asked this question 3 times now with no reply...

i don't want to invest 1500bucks if it's 50/50...

if u ever find out what exactly is 3d printed and don't mind sharing that info with me i'll give you a cupcake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've heard the same thing... i've also asked this question 3 times now with no reply...

if u ever find out what exactly is 3d printed and don't mind sharing that info with me i'll give you a cupcake

you might be better off sending one of the buyers a pm. It's easy to overlook a question or post if someone else covers past your comments. Or the topic changes. At least that's what I'm seeing.

you might be better off sending one of the buyers a pm. It's easy to overlook a question or post if someone else covers past your comments. Or the topic changes. At least that's what I'm seeing.

i may just do that. i believe the greeblies inside was all 3d printed. but on one interview on youtube it sounds like the part where the emitters stick out are 3d print as well... they also tapped on the pommel cage and mentioned 3d printing...

i really want to invest, but if it's more 3d print then metal i'll wait for a RPF run for a all metal version

Personally, I will just wait for a run here. I know that it will be hard to get more accurate than the original (if this is made from the original ) however, the runs made here have been outstanding and for far less than the going rate of the licensed stuff.

Anyone confirm that the whole body is metal ? I read that the pommel section might be 3D printed.

I recall there being a video of the Propshop and the showed some of the Kylo Hilts being made. I can't find that video for the life of me but I thought I saw the whole body of the Kylo being metal (it was unpainted)

Does anyone have that video handy?

How long did U have to wait to receive your order? Did u have to wait a full 16 weeks?

It actually was out for delivery after 10 weeks. I ordered on the first day they were annouced so maybe they had an influx and could even be quicker. However as they wont ship to the UK (even after some face-to-face pleading with their team) it took a while to get it to the US and then back through UK customs. Another 2 weeks and another tax bill. In retrospect a minor annoyance in contrast to the pleasure it gives me to own it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great video, thanks for sharing, detail on this peace is incredible, I would be worried about dust tho, are you gonna get a cover or acrylic case!

Congrats on your purchase!

I've got some canned air and give it a blast every couple of weeks. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow..looks great.Could you make some shots of your helmet...I need some direct from the top.;)

Sure, will do in the day light tomorrow. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll take a look at mine again in more detail tonight or tomorrow and try to weigh in again. My initial impressions were that the emitters and possibly the cage on the bottom were 3d print with the main body being cast aluminium.

Sorry I haven't done so before now, never have any time to myself anymore since having kids.

I'll take a look at mine again in more detail tonight or tomorrow and try to weigh in again. My initial impressions were that the emitters and possibly the cage on the bottom were 3d print with the main body being cast aluminium.

Sorry I haven't done so before now, never have any time to myself anymore since having kids.

thank you very much, we all would greatly appreciate it. When you say emitters to you mean the actual body that holds the emitters? The pice with the hole in it revealing the greeblies and wires? Or when you say emitter you just mean the inside of the emitter tubes, like where the blade plugs would go

I recall there being a video of the Propshop and the showed some of the Kylo Hilts being made. I can't find that video for the life of me but I thought I saw the whole body of the Kylo being metal (it was unpainted)

Does anyone have that video handy?

Ive been searching and can't find anything. I'm assuming the inside of the exhaust ports are 3D printed while the main body is metal. Hopefully someone can tell us soon :D

I would venture to say everything inside is 3D printed and the exterior is aluminum or metal. The detail on the inside parts look to be 3D printed plastic and does not feel like metal but the metallic paint job is great.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back