PropShop announces TFA Props!

I thought they were hand-made in the UK by PropShop employees. Isn't that the selling point?

Perhaps the Disney product managers are in Glendale and that is who is inspecting them?

Update on the Blue Kylo:

They are exchanging it. They even sent UPS to my door to pick it up!! I have been in constant communication with them and a live person in the US actually picks up my calls every time I called them!! A+ on customer service. They actually make you send it back directly to Disney in Glendale Ca. They said that after they inspect it, my replacement will be here in a couple weeks

You had the only documented one-of-a-kind from the premier prop licensee and they came to the door to relieve you of it...

You sir... and I say that with all the fraternal love in my heart... are an idiot...

Why would he want a poorly painted prop replica? I think its safe to say most people like their replicas looking like the actual prop. Keeping a poorly painted prop you paid a premium for on the off chance its worth more is just silly.

Why would he want a poorly painted prop replica? I think its safe to say most people like their replicas looking like the actual prop. Keeping a poorly painted prop you paid a premium for on the off chance its worth more is just silly.
With a video unboxing, unbroken seal and all, why not put it up in the junkyard and fleabay as an auction. Put the reserve at cost and see what happens. Not to mention all we could learn about how the prop shop makes these things. Sorry about the insulting comment, though. I really shouldn't drink and post. [emoji20]

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

With a video unboxing, unbroken seal and all, why not put it up in the junkyard and fleabay as an auction. Put the reserve at cost and see what happens. Not to mention all we could learn about how the prop shop makes these things. Sorry about the insulting comment, though. I really shouldn't drink and post. [emoji20]

You sir...and I say that with all the fraternal love in my heart...are a drunk! LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know in toy collecting, mistakes or aka error cards fetch a couple dollars more IF The package is really good. I guess this may be why others think it may have a higher value but I don't see it. All I see is a prop that has an unfinished paint job. Lets not forget, with all out sourcing these days, how do we know for sure that these are made and finished in the same place. Just saying.

No offense taken at all. I thought about keeping it but honestly, normally I only collect OT stuff but the idea of having "the closest thing to screen used prop" was the only reason I ordered it. I get it, for resale value...maybe...it would fetch some extra cash. But honestly I rarely sell my collectibles unless it's to justify another purchase lol. I still wanted a "screen used" looking one and I couldn't justify spending $3000 for 2 of the same replicas. I wasn't a fan of the "blue Kylo" but at least it will live forever on YouTube.

I'm just wondering why you even received a blue one. The vibe the site gives is that they're all hand painted and personally inspected by the propmakers from the actual film.

Do they build these things under fancy hipster mood lighting like in the vid? Maybe that's why some are blue, hard to see, not much light to work under :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back