Prometheus Props..What do you want to see?..How about a David 8 MIB?

Mr Webber

Master Member
The trailers out soon and we will get our first serious look at Sir Ridleys return to the genre he shook by the neck decades ago. The thought of the amount of props, costumes and set peices that can be played with by the commercial and fan communities is mouth watering to say the least. He is the master of detail.

Is there any specific item from the original that you would like to see givin a new treatment or speculate on something new? Just off the top of my head it would be cool to see more of the original pistol, such a great design but pretty much ignored. Cant wait to see the new interiors as well, as the Nostromo was basically a magnificent tow truck, it looked like one, the new ship should be more military and the look more ordered perhaps. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: Prometheus Props......What do you want to see?

No sean, its not a remake, its a completely different story that has a connection with the events and time period of the original Alien film. It is possible that we may see some things that are a previous or post generation design of items from the original though.

Smoking and drinking were givin a big role in the original, two favorite parts of my collection are the Aspen beer can and ashtray from SKIN JOB 66. In this age of butting out, will SRS use these elements again? I hope so as id really like to have a six pack in the collection.
Saw a picture of a set peice from Prometheus that had either the Wayland or Yutani logo on it, supposedly before they merged. Good sign.

I want the bowls. It's a Ridley Scott movie, so there will inevitably be a scene with bowls and tchochtkes stacked on a table.:rolleyes

Seriously, I can't wait to see the trailer. Even Scott's lesser efforts feature beautiful design work.

Yep, theres a stacked bowl in every film, its the first thing id ask him about if i met him. Anyone with a vintage Tupperware fetish could replicate that galley scene easily:lol

Digging this back up as i need to actually make something from this film other than think about it. Yes, i know its not part of the film but the David 8 viral is superb, i love it and as ive got a few of these foam heads floating around would be perfect to make something hopefuly interesting, cool and freakish.

Is that valve on the bag just a standard one or something special?

View attachment 98984 View attachment 98985 View attachment 98986

The GF says i have to have a cover for it so....
View attachment 98987

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back