Project: Revell AT-AT Walker

I know this is a necro-post, but this build popped up in the image gallery at the top of the thread, and I've just read through the whole thing. AMAZING! The attention to detail in the work and the documentation make this one of the all-time great threads on The RPF.

Again, well done!

SB

I know this is a necro-post, but this build popped up in the image gallery at the top of the thread, and I've just read through the whole thing. AMAZING! The attention to detail in the work and the documentation make this one of the all-time great threads on The RPF.

Again, well done!

SB
Thank you StevenBills. I had a blast doing it.
It's going to be a challenge to top that project.

I had missed this thread back 7 years ago now....
So you started with a Revell kit and ended with a "studio" model that just wasn't the correct scale as a studio scale model. lol.
Just scrolling through the posts, it looks like theres like 5% Revell left.
Also nice to see a good AT-AT model.

HaHa Yeah. The whole point for that scale was to have it fit in the display case. LOL
But looking back, I could have made it a studio scale. But finding the materials and fasteners in my area would have been near to impossible. Not to mention remaking the main parts from scratch.

HaHa Yeah. The whole point for that scale was to have it fit in the display case. LOL
But looking back, I could have made it a studio scale. But finding the materials and fasteners in my area would have been near to impossible. Not to mention remaking the main parts from scratch.
Either way, turned out great.
Like I know I could never make a custom built Falcon, 5 foot or not. Sure, the Bandai PG is much better, but more than I could afford right now, so reworking the old MPC was easier and much more affordable, since I only had to buy paint.

Either way, turned out great.
Like I know I could never make a custom built Falcon, 5 foot or not. Sure, the Bandai PG is much better, but more than I could afford right now, so reworking the old MPC was easier and much more affordable, since I only had to buy paint.
Thanks JediMichael.
Being limited for space, I would accept the task of converting an old MPC model (X-wing, MF, Imperial Shuttle, etc) into a screen accurate model than paying tons of $$$ for a kit that's accurate at the same scale.

Here's another update everyone..............

THE BODY Part I

View attachment 412651
I've decided to remove all the raised panel lines and details, so I can add new armour plates.

View attachment 412652 View attachment 412653
The tabs are removed to make room for new top plates.

View attachment 412654
Both sides are sanded down smoothly.

View attachment 412655 View attachment 412656 View attachment 412657
The Butt had to be dismantled to correct for the inaccuracies.

View attachment 412658 View attachment 412659
Using my drawings as a guide, I was able to nail down the correct proportions. (More or less)

View attachment 412660
I made new top plates based off the drawings.

View attachment 412663 View attachment 412664
With the top plates, I penciled in the panel lines which will eventually be scribed.

View attachment 412661 View attachment 412662
I did a test fitting to make sure everything works. There was some minor trimming, but overall everything fit okay.

View attachment 412665 View attachment 412666
I then added on the new armour plates. I applied putty to the seams and sanded it smooth.

View attachment 412667
Next will be scribing the panel lines.

To be continued.........
AMAZING!!!!!!!!! you remind me years ago when I did mine, working legs, guns and toes. Thank you for sharing, please how us more ! :)

Haha, Thanks Propland.

im-working-on-it-ty-rux.gif

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back