Project Meatbag: HK-47 droid (full size)

Popeguy

Hello everyone.
Thanks to this forum I managed to obtain models for HK-47 few months ago, so now it's time to show you what's coming :)

I'll be posting both here and on my website: https://popeguy.com.
I also have my facebook page where I'm posting about updates, so you can know when there's something new to read about: https://www.facebook.com/projectmeatbag/

My primary goals are:

There are plenty of things to do afterwards, but I need to make working master model first. Then I want to add some electronics and tinker with them a bit.
Can you imagine smart assistant with HK-47 voice that greets you every day? I can... ;)

Warning: this build contains magnets, tons of resin & bondo, 3D printing and metric system!

pl.pinterest.com_.jpg

Attachments

• pl.pinterest.com_.jpg
    pl.pinterest.com_.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 4,529
Last edited:
Re: Project Meatbag: HK-47 (full size)

Now it's time for Pepakura! I won't write a detailed guide here, there's one on my website already (linked in the first post). I will be posting some photos and comments.

Head-e1503490575559.jpg

It didn't go entirely as planned - the very first thing I did (head) was slightly warped. I suppose my glue skills are to blame.
You can see it on the picture below: it's not even :( I actually noticed it later, after hardening. Welp.

Head-front.png

Things got much better with torso (but it wasn't easy task either, quite time consuming and required lots of patience & measuring).
I actually had to hang it from a lamp. This thing is HUGE. Easily the size of muscilar man's torso.

Torso-1-e1503491435978.jpg

And here's the finished middle-upper body:

Torso-4-e1503490972153.jpg

And his leg. Yep, it's huge too.

Leg-3-e1503491738328.jpg

And the arms. I can already hear myself screaming trying to figure a nice way to assemble them later on.

Arms-1-e1503490756135.jpg

I'll probably use strong neodymium magnets to connect the pieces together. They can hold 20-100kg depending on size, so I'm confident they're enough.

Here's the droid in pieces and assembled:

Final-Split-e1503490686558.jpg

Final-together-e1503490664756.jpg

And a little bonus to let you knojw whats coming... the famous KoTOR blaster rifle :)

20707522_1411413142240783_1050881362_n-e1503572326320.jpg

Thats it for now. I'll be writing soon about hardening all of it. And then about whole sanding process, which is currently ongoing (it looks like cocaine factory thanks to all that dust...).

Hey folks, sorry for no updates.
Things were going really well and I've nearly completed the sanding/priming part.
But then I lost the only place where I could work on him, and had to postpone the project.

I was supposed to re-start it in March, but my professional career had other ideas ;)
Right now I will be donating the leftover bondo HK47 to my local theatre... they actually want it.

I will be making a new HK-47, completely 3d printed, along with other Star Wars droids.

Here's a sneak peak of whats coming together with HK47, B1 battle droid and other:
https://imgur.com/a/PtVPN

LybPvjd.jpg

I'm not sure whether to abandon this thread and make a new one later, but we'll see.

Make sure to follow my fanpage for smaller updates, major ones will be posted here :)
I left it in the dark a bit, but I will be posting some more updates & stuff there (3d printing ftw).

Hey man! I check in on this project every once-in-a-while because seeing a 1:1 scale HK has been a dream of mine - and because I've been hoping to print HK and T3 desk ornaments and maybe use your files for such a project ;)

This seems to have gone dark - your website is down, you've deleted/hidden your Facebook page, and you've even deleted the Imgur album linked above.... I'm assuming you've abandoned this project?

If that's the case, mind if I ask why you chose to wipe all evidence of it from the 'net? Even your incomplete progress photos were pretty awesome to look at... Just wondering.

Hello there!
I abandoned the project because it was too money and time-consuming, plus it kinda failed in the planning stage.
The site and fanpage went down as almost nobody visited them anymore. I still have the pics, and will be happy to re-upload them at some point.
I moved to 3d printing since then and I'm planning to just print Hk-47 at some point, but I need to finish preparing the files and find enough time for it :)

Hello there!
I abandoned the project because it was too money and time-consuming, plus it kinda failed in the planning stage.
The site and fanpage went down as almost nobody visited them anymore. I still have the pics, and will be happy to re-upload them at some point.
I moved to 3d printing since then and I'm planning to just print Hk-47 at some point, but I need to finish preparing the files and find enough time for it :)
Thanks for the update! I'd be super keen to see the .STL files if you ever are willing to share them, I'd love to have a little HK and T3 as desk ornaments :)

Seeing HK-87 in Chapter 13 makes me think they might bring HK-47 to life eventually... I guess it's time to continue working on the STL files :D

One of my main dream props to own would be a life-size HK-47.
Same! One day we may... :)

Thanks for the update! I'd be super keen to see the .STL files if you ever are willing to share them, I'd love to have a little HK and T3 as desk ornaments :)
Some basic T3 files can be found on thingiverse. I gave up trying to model mine :/ As for HK47, it's far from finished

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back