What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

I don't have any outstanding orders, but I do have a few OUTSTANDING props that he has made for me in the past, I can say from my experience his stuff is worth a wait, 5 months is a little long though. I'm into one run going on 2 years now and I'm still not worried about getting the prop I ordered, I've never had a bad experience here on the RPF. If its a long wait but the seller is communicating, then I wouldn't worry.

Last communication I had with him was february where he talked about a power tool accidnet (and sent photos). I emailed him earlier this week with no reply. Ordered a Pulse rifle build from him where I sent him a real 870, spas cage and grip for him to mill, $1500. That was 2016. At this point, who knows if I will ever see it.

I think that is the bulk of it.

Theses trusted sellers collect funds upfront, take on too much work, spend the money on personal things (as well as some supplies), and then they panic. They are behind, cannot afford to refund or buy more supplies to complete the run and they go silent. The more angry people get, they more distance they place between themselves and the site. They may even try to do another run elsewhere to get more upfront money to pay refunds on the first run, and maybe that works, or maybe they fall behind on both runs. Before we know it, they are behind on multiple items and disappear with thousands. Again, they had no bad intentions upfront, they just got in trouble and thought the best solution was to hide.

Perhaps I'm dating myself, but this reminds me of the episode when Fred Flintstone became the Gravelberry Pie King. He sets up a contract with a buyer and then realizes he was losing a few cents per pie when all of the costs of producing were added up. Then things get worse... :)

TazMan2000

Perhaps I'm dating myself, but this reminds me of the episode when Fred Flintstone became the Gravelberry Pie King. He sets up a contract with a buyer and then realizes he was losing a few cents per pie when all of the costs of producing were added up. Then things get worse... :)

TazMan2000

Yabba dabba delicious!:p
12EC819E-82E2-4947-88CD-DFCA0CDE2838.jpeg

Just a quick update as it's been a long time since I posted and someone sent me a personal message last month:

Going slightly over 3 years now (as compared to what, 2.5 when I originally posted this?) and still NO receipt of goods. No pulse rifle. Matsu still responds on IG or FB messenger, but it's quite literally ALWAYS an excuse of some kind. 3 years of it.

The only real time it seemed like he might get something done is when I lodged a complaint with PayPal- he emailed me and said "let me make this right" and would "shove everything off his desk" to get it done. That was 8 months ago. Oh, he also thought I ordered a smart gun (not pulse rifle) based off the large sum I sent him. 2+ years of messaging at that point and he didn't even know who I was...

3 years of my life have bee sucked into this bull****. Still hoping and praying...

Yup, this thread was started 6 years ago and people still give this fool their money and expect a different outcome, then come here to complain. And on top of that 6 years ago it was already "oh this thing again" I keep hearing people say "hes a nice guy but..." When will we realize that someone who steals other peoples money and gives them a run around story every time they ask about what they ordered IS NOT A NICE GUY. He is a scam artist and a thief who tells you nice stories and BS excuses so youll let him **** you in the *** a little longer, at least long enough so that you have no way to get your money back. You guys that have stuff owed should be posting on his FB and IG every monday asking where your stuff is. EVERYONE OWED, EVERY MONDAY, EVERY WEEK. OVER AND OVER because complaining in this thread gets you nothing. Hes not even banned here yet after a 6 year old thread of not correcting this. He was LAST HERE- Yesterday at 11:08 PM. Just in time to read about another person waiting for him to come through.

Just a note, as I did not know people had issues with Matt until after I had placed an order on his website and saw issues referenced in another thread. I myself am newer to rpf, but have already completed several transactions with members and am on wait lists for several more.

I placed an order for a BSG season 1 blaster (which aside from shirts and some gun parts is the only complete gun listed for sale on his site currently) on Jan. 22 and received it on March 19, just under 2 months. Communication could have been better and I did feel I had to kind of be on top of it contacting him and pushing a bit on status, but I did receive my order and it truly is an outstanding piece for my BSG display!

I thought I'd just add my recent experience to the thread. Again, I am thrilled with the gun and I hope those whom have had issues get resolution.
20210321_140014.jpg

My dealings with Matsuo were 11 years ago. I purchased a second-hand kit of his BSG season 1 gun and it was missing parts. He was responsive and sent me parts along with his season 2 blaster, which I still have in a box to build some day. He seemed like a good guy. But, I admit that not fulfilling customer orders is not the way to foster good will in this community. I hope he can recover from as the guy has genuine skills that are worthy.
matsuoblaster18.jpg

Thanks for the new posts, guys, but believe it or not...STILL WAITING. Nothing from Matt "MatsuCorp" Worsdell except excuse-after-excuse. I'm not trying to be callous or insensitive here, but understand I sent this man 1,300 in 2017 and have had to message him every month - extremely patiently and respectfully - since to no avail.

Despite what I've been through with him, I'll be first to sing his praises if the prop ever arrives...

I keep checking this thread for updates hoping to see something good for a change.... lol :rolleyes: I am into year number three waiting for my pulse rifle parts.

I have kind of written these parts off for the most part. Money lost, lesson learned ect. but I still keep checking here. I just wish their was somewhere else to get this stuff from. I keep looking but even after three years looking, I still haven't found anywhere else to get the parts from. So I sit here waiting and resigned myself to "if it ever shows". I'm not really holding my breath at this point.

Re: Problems with Matsuo?

Oh...THIS story again. :rolleyes
Look, I know Matt is a great guy, I dealt with him myself and always produces great work.
However, like the Don said, "It's not personal. It's just business." If after 40 days product doesn't appear, put in a Paypal dispute. Of course, don't be a jerk and do it without warning, give the seller plenty of heads up so they know it's coming. I understand some folks have got projects that take longer than 40 days to finish but they need the funds now to buy materials. Well, that's when you have to make the hard decision. Doing this you run the risk of not getting your item. It's usually not because of anything malicious, but life gets in the way sometimes.
Personally, I work way too hard for my money and if I don't have it in hand in 40 days, a dispute goes in (trades are VERY difficult to manage!).
I'm sure Matt will come through and he is highly respected. Still, when it comes to money, it's nothing personal...
Having been burnt by a “great” person before. I totally agree with Funky!

I don't know that I agree about the 40 days part. I just had another two orders with others took 8 weeks each to complete. But generally, I think within 2 months / 3 at most.

Its the principle that Funky is talking about not the specific time frame which can be anything up to the time you have to instigate a claim depending on what payment method you used. I had a couple of orders in with Matt a couple of years ago that started to drag on so after 4 months I started a Paypal dispute (after chasing Matt several times) and within a few weeks my items arrived. Quality was great as were the communications. I also have been burned in the past by someone (not Matsuo) who seemed genuine and delivered on some orders and then just went quiet owing me several hundred dollars so I know how it feels. I never got that back so lesson learned.

Last edited:
I’m here guys. I’m making note of who says what. Please message me here if I still owe you something if we haven’t spoken recently. I’m not recognizing a few screen names. When people message me via email and across other platforms and have different screen names for each it gets pretty confusing.

Member Guy young owed.doom Rifle/ shrouds/ and other PR parts. Been four years. Has received one ten hole vent. And still waiting for the rest of the parts. Now we all know Matt has had personal problems. But business Is business.

Wow. What the hell is happening to our community?! Even the people who are supposed to be reliable are screwing people left and right. It’s like EFX and ANOVOS are just setting an example that we are all just following? This is sad. We really need a rating system and people to get banned on here if they’re not providing. Taking someone’s money and flying out of contact is deplorable. Especially in this day and age when communication is as simple as reaching for a phone. Lame.

This whole thread reads as a warning to stop people from getting into prop making. You can have the money and time to get into a side business of making props, but if anything upsets that in the slightest (Life, death, deployments, orders, children, family, moving, career changes, mandatory overtime, theft, fire, etc, etc),,, that fragile resource that you thought you had gets pinched, and you start downing in orders and debt. Or if you worked with other people to complete a piece of the work you don't do yourself, and they're prone to having delays, that'll ruin your business and reputation.

I don't want to name names, but there's people and businesses that regularly take 6 months to over a year. I don't see what the problem is with long lead times. Pay up and wait, and support these small businesses and individuals. When I was working for a multi billion dollar company, I was an engineer and I worked on projects that from payment to the customer getting their service was 6 months to 2 years on the regular. I even worked on some projects that took 3 years to complete.

I was getting in trouble for "not responding to messages" on another forum, the claim being that I wouldn't respond in weeks or months (well, yeah, I was on orders with the Marines), and I was getting admins threatening me. I eventually PUBLICLY POSTED my email and phone number, but alas, not a single phone call. So much for these people that couldn't reach me? I ended up getting banned permanently for not responding to messages, of which, I couldn't find, and I don't think ever existed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back