Question Problem viewing threads?

Arwyniel

I am having trouble the past couple of days viewing some threads. The header and ads will load when I click on a thread, but the actual discussion does not load. I'm using Safari on my iPad. :confused

Yes, it has happened more than once for me in the " This guy is shameless using the Logo of the RPF! Paging Art!" thread as well as the "broadway Belle gown wip" thread. A couple others too, but I didn't make a note of them.

im having a similar problem, if i try to go to the "post a non-recent picture of yourself" in the OT, my firefox freezes for some time. after that i can access it, but its annoying as hell

only happens on this one thread

It's still happening for me. Even on threads I was once able to see on my iPad. I can view them normally on my laptop, so I don't know what's going on.

EyeofSauron, I am going to guess there are two different issues here. The Non-Recent picture thread is full of externally linked images, so it is a very long loading thread and if any of the images have an issue, you could see a problem.

Arwyniel, I am still trying to replicate your problem via the iPad.

You switched servers about a week ago, right? I don't think I've had he problem since then. I was just able to view the Belle thread and others I had not been able to see as well. I don't know if that solved the problem or not, but I'm happy! :)

We did move the sql db off to another server. Very odd that this move actually changed anything, but hey, if it did, I am glad!

I'm having the same problem. Just getting the site to load is troubling. Laptop, desktop, using IE or Firefox.. Most of the time the ads will load then stop. The rest of the page will not load. It took me five tries just to get this thread to fully load.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back