Prince of Persia movie and game costumes

The devil is in the details man. All those accessories will really sell it.:thumbsup Can't wait to see the completed costume.

My goal for today was to get both pairs of pants completely finished. I didn't quite meet that goal, but I did finish the game pants except for the elastic waistband and ankles. I'd have a finished picture of those, but they're too small for me to get into. I do have this one though from after I sewed one of the stripes on:

DSC02422.jpg

As for my own pants, I decided that I'd rather the pants looked correct than have all period-accurate fabrics, so I picked up some microsuede at work. Unfortunately, it's got a backing on it, so the seam allowances had to be pressed out from the stripes instead of in behind them. If I had the time to do all the hand stitching I could force them to go the right way, but it would take a whole day of work for me to do that much hand stitching. I got one side of the pants together. I must have taken a tiny bit more seam allowance than I was supposed to, because these things are tight. Not to the point of discomfort, but they're definitely a little tighter than I had intended, a bit too form fitting. I'm going to try to give less allowance on the other side, but the damage is already done at the stripes. I'll have to hope that wearing them for a day or two under my normal pants will stretch them out enough (and not bust any seams).

DSC02425.jpg

If I can find any spare time between family stuff and writing a midterm paper tomorrow, I'll finish both pairs.

EDIT: Oh, and it's looking like that wig place screwed me, don't order from them. They sent me a 33 red wig. I emailed them about it and they swear it's 6. I asked if there was anything that could be done, a return and rush order, and they haven't responded. That was a couple days ago. I'm wondering now if I could get some brown sharpie markers and dye the wig to the right color. Anybody ever tried sharpie dying a natural color like that? I've seen it done a lot with bright colors, but not sure how it would work with brown.

Last edited:
If you go to a beauty supply store they have these natural colored mousse that may work as well. You put it on your hair and it helps temporarily dye it darker by just depositing color on top and then it washes off. If you use hair dye or sharpie and it only dulls the color a bit you may try that mousse as well.

Dave: Hair dye won't stick to the synthetic fibers of the wig.

Becky: I'll look into that. I think I'm going to need to cut the thing if they don't respond in the next day or so. It's the weekend, so that probably won't happen.

So between the fit issue and the stripes looking inaccurate, I took that leg back apart at the side seams. I'm doing a machine zig zag stitch down both sides of each stripe and it looks a lot closer to the originals, just takes several hours less per stripe. I'm also going to sew the sides together with the overlocker so the seam allowances are as small as possible on the in and out seams.

Are you sure cause from what I've been told, the hair dye should have no problem sticking to the synthetic but just be sure to never apply any heat (e.g. straightener, blowdryer, etc.) because it could melt the synthetic.

The sharpie dye tutorials I saw said the hair dye wouldn't work for sure, but I haven't tried it myself. The place in China got back to me and they said if I send them a picture of my hair they can make me another wig, but they didn't say if they'd take the other one returned or how fast they could make it. I'm inquiring about that now.

Had a weird night and got nothing done. I managed to get some work done earlier in the day though. I decided to go half way to accuracy with the pants stripes. I don't have time to hand stitch them, but I did have time to zig zag stitch them down. So now the seam allowances go the right way and from a distance they look perfect. I've sewn together the other leg of the pants with 3/8" allowances for more room and ripped apart the first one to do the zig zag and smaller allowances. Hopefully now they'll fit better.

Bad news, this isn't going to happen. Despite the smaller allowances, the pants were so tight they tore when I tried them on. The wig people are also wasting my time, and I've just found out the small filigree bits have been delayed. Not only that, but I have 3 papers due in the next week and a pain in the ass of a car to worry about, plus all manner of other concerns. So this costume won't be happening in time for Halloween. I do intend to wear it to dragon con, though. I'm going to sulk elsewhere for a while, and when the bits show up, I'll get back to work.

Last edited:
Funny how one can scroll along a title not the least bit interested, then after a few days out of curiosity takes a look and is hooked instantaneously ...like i'm now. The delay sucks! hope every worry fades soon, so you can pick this up again.

I ended up short on time and stressed out by other work too when I was working on my first halloween costume. The good thing is that now you don't have to rush while making your costume. You have the time to really make it a labour of love :)

Well, despite my plans being halted, I'm still finishing my friend's costume on time, and hopefully better than I had expected now that I've got a little extra time. I finished the pants except for sewing the elastic waistband together and I picked up leather and dye for the belt, baldric, gauntlets, and if things go well, the hip guard. (is there a name for that thing?) I also went up north and picked up a dagger I bought years ago, the sheath of which will be hung on the belt.

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

I know your frustration man! At this point I know I wont be finishing my Buzz in time for Halloween but definitely finishing my friend's costumes.

Still can't wait to see how awesome it will turn out! And I'm loving that dagger.

Last edited:
This picture was snapped very quickly, as I was trying to finish up another costume still before going to work tonight, but here is my friend's game costume, with the very affordable UC (I think it's UC) dagger.

DSC02446-1.jpg

I wasn't too happy with the painted gold trim on the leather, but I'm glad I didn't try to do the leather trim. Very happy with the gauntlets, though, and I'm looking forward to eventually making the same costume for myself, but wit h the shirt and armor included. Probably won't be for at least a year though, I've got other plans for now, first and foremost being the completion of the movie costume.

Some of what I'm posting now is a bit old. I made the masters for the belt plates about a month ago and the mold shortly thereafter. I've been doing a ton of resin casting for another project this week, so after each piece from that one was cast I used the last little bits of the resin to make a pair of these, and now I've got all of them. Eventually they'll be primed black and RnB'ed gold.

DSC02468.jpg

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02466.jpg

This picture was snapped very quickly, as I was trying to finish up another costume still before going to work tonight, but here is my friend's game costume, with the very affordable UC (I think it's UC) dagger.

DSC02446-1.jpg

I wasn't too happy with the painted gold trim on the leather, but I'm glad I didn't try to do the leather trim. Very happy with the gauntlets, though, and I'm looking forward to eventually making the same costume for myself, but wit h the shirt and armor included. Probably won't be for at least a year though, I've got other plans for now, first and foremost being the completion of the movie costume.

nice job so far I know where you can get the sword of the mighty warrior
and I know how to make the dagger of time look alot more like in the game

nice job so far I know where you can get the sword of the mighty warrior
and I know how to make the dagger of time look alot more like in the game

What sword are you referring to? There's a "300 Sword" that can be bought from the regular party stores that looks a bit like the final sword from the game, but I haven't found anything closer. As for the dagger, I've thought about modifying it, but it requires cutting the blade, blowing glass/clear casting resin, and either lighting or glow in the dark paint, the latter of which I tried with terrible results.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back