Previous Free paper-prop threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Free paper-prop thread no.3 - 2008

I just finished these, and figured I'd share them. I made the covers for the dharma notebooks, using all of the logos fond on the net. I made two versions of each cover, one with the inverted colors, and one border, and the other with the regular colors, and two borders. I'll post the "Swan" cover as a example.

SwanTwo.jpg

Regular

SwanOne.jpg

Inverted

PM me with your email if you want the publisher file with all of the covers.

Uhm, no... I dont like it if there is something in my display alone... Dont know why but I need always minimum 2 parts of a movie to make it look nice in a display... One thing whats comming up is a head with the hat, cigarette holder and sunglasses. I thought it would be cool a add a drivers license or something like that...

If someone got a high res picture from the dukes face, that would be cool. I always found 2 pics on the web, the others are always the same... License plate is a nice idea, too... :)

And if someone got a high res scan of a Western union classic telegram, I can send the text from the screenused one to make that piece...

Does anyone have the Icon / symbol / emblem, that they use on the binders?, it looks like the regular emblem but has the two long upside down "L"s behind it.

Last edited:

any idea wich font comes near to the handwriting font used in the original prop ?

I hate the original prop ! It seems to be a Winword job with a handwritten font.
When you look the Captain Kidd's letter of marque, some words are "bold" to capture attention. Depending of what you want; you can use a similar font and magnify some important words. OK this will make a non-canon prop like the ship's paper in Firefly, but more accurate to display.

I am always working to clean the letterhead from the Captain Kidd's letter because it is a piece of art and the beggining of the original prop.

Of course I need help. I am not a Superhero in Photoshop and all I have is a 178ko picture... :cry

Dietrich, you BSG stuff has inspired me to do some too. Here is the Raptor Photo recon.

thomas;)

raptorphotomissionsm.jpg

Hey, does anyone have the high res version of the Photo Booth Superman III portrait strip? I used to have it, and when I went to upload it to my snapfish account to have printed for myself, it was gone! I have no idea how the file disappeared. I did a full search and scan of all my harddrives lookinging for any file that had "sup" in it, but with no luck. Grrr.:angry :confused:angry :confused

Hey, does anyone have the high res version of the Photo Booth Superman III portrait strip? I used to have it, and when I went to upload it to my snapfish account to have printed for myself, it was gone! I have no idea how the file disappeared. I did a full search and scan of all my harddrives lookinging for any file that had "sup" in it, but with no luck. Grrr.:angry :confused:angry :confused

Funny you mentioned this..I a just re watching that so I can visit some of the filming locations since a lot of that was filmed in Calgary (that very photo booth scene) and High River. I wouldn't mind a copy of that picture as well.

Thanks contec. You may want to take the photo link down though and just ask anyone who wans it to PM you. The member who originally offered the photo years ago said we were free to share it amongst ourselves, but asked that we not post it online. Thank you again though for answering my query. :)

Shouldn't that be October 1983? The film was released July of 1984, so I'd imagine, any magazine mock ups would have been dated 1983, as that's what year it was during principle photography.

Very awesome props though. Thank you so so much for sharing. I wish I could contribute.

Oh wait, I can!

Here's The Doctor's psychic paper from Doctor Who:

psychicpaper.jpg

Now THIS, I can use! Thanks! :D :D

Had a look about can't find it anywhere but has anyone drawn the weirding module plans from DUNE ?
Are there any pictures of the screen used ones anywhere other than from whats seen in the movie ? i can grab some HD frames from the movie but you never actually see the bottom portion, you do get a good view of the rest though.

anyone want an el corazon map?
not perfect, but if you guys want it i will have it scanned at office depot and post it here
size is 11x17
corazon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back