Previous Free paper-prop threads

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by Henriko2, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Propnomicon

Propnomicon Well-Known Member

Re: Free Paper Prop Thread #4 - 2009

I think it's a matter of supply and demand. If there's a demand for something, and no ready supply, someone will exploit the situation. It's simple human nature. Putting up a wall just creates a barrier between producers and consumers that a third party can exploit for personal profit.

If, on the other hand, there's no barrier between the producer and a consumer there's no motive for exploitation. That's the "it's free and you can make as many copies as you want" digital model. Posting a paper prop in an open venue effectively makes an infinite supply freely available.

From personal experience, one of the reasons I quit making paper props a few years ago was because of the piracy problem. Within a month of me selling a copy of something on Ebay there would be knock-offs for sale. Now that I just give the files away (in as many formats as possible) I haven't had a single knock-off show up on Ebay.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  2. NoTsOsErIoUs

NoTsOsErIoUs Well-Known Member

Did anyone ever do the Rasputin mausoleum address scrap from the first Hellboy movie? I've tried searching but no luck.

3. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Well, if you feel a need to express your opinion on RPF, maybe you should anticipate having it questioned or challenged and not get your teat in such a wringer about it, Mr. Will-not-repeat myself.

Do you understand the macro-economic concept of "free-riders"?

Do you understand how a parasite or parasites can eventually
    adversely affect the health of the host organism?

Are you suggesting that by not making artistic creations easily available to non-RPF members who are interested in obtaining them, we will lose a plethora of non-registered, non-contributing non -members?

So? Well, Boo-frigging-hoo! :cry I'll take that risk. Maybe we won't have a bunch of free-loading, immediate gratification junkies swarming us with their "acting stupid and contagious, here we are now, entertain us."* mentalities.

I think it's a three bladed sword. :cool As long as I'm on the right end of it, it's all good.

*with apologies to Kurt Cobain.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  4. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

double posted by accident.

5. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Okay, fine, since everyone wants to keep bringing it up. I did express my opinion and I DID answer the question. So, I don't see any reason to keep repeating myself like a broken record. So, in order to clarify: I feel it's a double edge sword because we are not only punishing trolls who may steal what we made free to print for all of us her, but also punish potential RPFers who may join because they liked what they saw in the paper props post. It's a double edge sword. That's my opinion, and that is my answer.

Yes.

Yes.

No. I'm saying that by restricting free to use paper props from people who are interested in it, is like what happened with "New Coke". The Coca Cola Company decided to change the formula for their popular drink, without even asking people about it. And what happened when New Coke was released? A lot of their loyal customers quit drinking Coke all together until the company went back to their old formula. Moral of story: If do change something, you're going to lose people who may want to join. The free paper props was a pretty good incentive for me to join, it hooked me months ago and was able to keep me hanging on and continue to want to join when option to register became available to me. And there may be others like me, who saw those paper props, like what they see and want to join. And by taking away the free paper props, you take away the hook for people, honest people, people who enjoy paper props like you and I, and you end up losing potential new RPFers, as well as any knowledge on prop building that they may have.

And you have a right to. Just as much as I have a right to believe what I believe, and to voice my option. And I don't see why voicing my opinion should be scolded for. After all, I thought we were all here to enjoy the same topic of replicas, props and making them.

And on that note, to the moderator, I ask that you please lock this thread so that we no longer have this issue ongoing. I've already tried to put this issue to rest calmly and cordally, but since it's continuously being brought up, the only clear way to resolve it is to lock it or at least to get back on topic for what the post is suppose to be about, which is "free paper props" and not the moving of the paper props to it's own individual forum. Of course, it's completely up to you about what to do about this post. I thank you for your time.

6. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Thanks for answering my questions. I may not agree with your answers, but you represented your view point better than most RPFers manage.

J.

7. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

You're welcome. And thank you for you kind comment. I apologize if I came off at all rude. I assure you, when I written my reply I had no ill will or anger behind it. And I do admit, my point of view is a bit odd and sometimes I tend to think outside the box... Way too much outside the box, actually. But that's how I am.

8. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

I found a site that has a bunch of the District 9 viral posters on it like "Bus Stop: For Humans Only" etc. Here's the link:
    http://impawards.com/2009/district_nine_ver12.html

CaptainHow likes this.
  9. anton the swede

anton the swede Active Member

is there any one out there that has pennywise the clown drawings from the movie It?

10. propcollector

propcollector Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

any body have any Devils rejects paper props?

11. Nicky

Nicky Well-Known Member

Anyone Want to gives This Supernatural Scratch card a Shot Please :)

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks And Regards

12. Elessar Sparrow

Elessar Sparrow Active Member

I'm gonna strongly second that request. That would be totally cool thing to have in this world devoid of Supernatural related items.

13. Nicky

Nicky Well-Known Member

Thanks ! Supernatural Rules
    [​IMG]

+ Could Anyone Do This Logo On A White Background
    Thanks And Regards Nicky

14. Tenno

Tenno Well-Known Member

What about the storybook Prof. Broom is reading in the beginning of Hellboy2?
    Did anyone try to recreate it?

15. DavyVO

DavyVO Well-Known Member

I gave it a try:

[​IMG]

And here is Paul Kirby's business card:

[​IMG]

16. KramStaar

KramStaar Sr Member

[​IMG]

click on the image to go to the download page...

I have compiled the manual based on the book I got for my Colt .45. It's been modified with some gobbledegook text but generally its real words that are firearm care and maintenance related. The diagrams are just for show and I used the Hartford exploded diagrams as reference because they were so cool - hence the free download.

[​IMG]

17. Bear

Bear Sr Member

Thanks for this, you did a great job!

18. drsyn71

drsyn71 Well-Known Member

Awesome work. Thank you for sharing.

19. Exavior

Exavior New Member

Lot of great stuff here, thanks for sharing!

20. Eradicator

Eradicator Well-Known Member

here is my contribution to the thread. Matt Murdocks business card. I posted this in it own thread (my first thread..lol) Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

21. bookbinder3

bookbinder3 New Member

Hmmmm First post....
    This thing has about 200 pages, ill be happy to post requests for people who want.
    Title page from the Book of Shadows from "Charmed" (Badly Photoshopped to be printable):
    I've looked but havent been able to find any of the other 2005 Wonka bar wrappers, just the Whipple Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight (mouthful), which was posted earlier in this thread I think. Does the person who posted that or anyone else have the others?
    That, and any Hannibal Lecter paraphenalia. (Wonka and Lecter, odd combination).
    Thanks and enjoy. Ill post the non edited version if anyone wants.

22. Fuzz080

Fuzz080 New Member

Does anyone have a Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans label they would be willing to share?

23. Lazy-8

Lazy-8 Member

@Kramstaar

That is awesome. Thanks.

24. MurdocXXL

MurdocXXL Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My big thanks to KramStaar for sharing the Bladerunner files! Really impressive!

25. Ghostsoldier

Ghostsoldier Sr Member

You mean these?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd like to see them reproduced, also....

Also...this would be cool to see....
    [​IMG]
    Rob

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.