Predator Names

My name in Yautja is Ghey'Ihn'Mai'Ahz

I won't acknowledge the word "Yautja" or any other retarded "name" for the PRedator other than Wolf, Scar, Chopper, or any other human term we give them. Yautja...what a ******* retarded word...whoever made it up should be shot!

My Predator name is Nai'luj Wag'laman "Swiping Bear Claw" Elder of Clan Garo.... I might try to see if I can custom my elder a little bit and go with my purple pred...baadass!! Clan has been rumored to be bad bloods but has not been confirmed.

I never really liked that word either....."Yautja". Just dosent flow to me. Its like a cough/dry heave/burb all rolled into one sound.

Well, you're all entitled to your own opinions :rolleyes:

Regarding Yautja procounciation, I've always thought it was pronounced: Yaw-cha (as in yaw-n and cha-lice)
I may be wrong.. but saying that the guy who invented the word, should be shot is a bit extreme, even if it still is only a joke..

I'm beginning to see a split between the members who like the background stories, fiction and the overall fleshing out of the creatures - and the members who only wants the creature for their badass-ness and don't like the mystery solved.

:S

off topic:
I'm all for the detailed descriptions where you get to know as much as possible. I like to know what I'm getting into. I like to add fiction myself and accept written Pred stories as canon ( except for Forever midnight, which could have been about any other species than Predators ) Hell. I'm all for discovery channel and good roleplaying. I don't like movies like Cloverfield or unexplained movies where you're left with a big fat questionmark in your forehead..

Sorry bout the rant.. I'm just tired of people looking down on Roleplaying and expanded universes.

- Drayne

Hey Drayne, you can have the expanded universe and novels, just don't look down on those of us who prefer the movie character instead. The novels don't interest me at all, but I enjoy some of the Dark Horse depictions of the Predator.

The Predator is shrouded in mystery...where do they come from, why do they only come hunting in the hottest season, etc, etc. I could care less about what they eat, what religion they believe in, how they go through puberty, how they have sex, etc. I want the Predator to remain cloaked and unknown. I am amazed at the technology they possess and their mannerisms which are alien and inhuman.

To humanize the Predator is to try and understand it in our own limited human terms. Thats what Paul Anderson did when he made the face of Scar more expressive and humanlike. **** Paul Anderson for bastardizing the character like that. In fact **** anyone who had anything to do with designing those fat **** steroid junkies.

Do I really hate the movie that much? No. We got the Celtic Bio from the movie. And um... the chopper Bio. Thats pretty much it. I hate that they were allowed to change the character that much. I understand Preds come in all shapes and sizes - hell just look at the killer suit Bovine made. Hes a big guy, but his suit looked absolutely killer. But for all of the Preds in AVP to have the same football body type and to ignore the original creature that made it all happen? **** that. I'm ok with nicknames...we give nicknames to everything. But the Yautja **** and the Pai' iN' the' Face Yautja names are just silly...

You are all wrong.

Ive said it before and ill say it again it is pronounced.

Tw*T You Are.

stupid dumbass name.

Hes the PREDATOR.

its PREDATOR 1,2, s

and Alien V Predator / Requiem.

Not bloody twa*tyouare 1,2 etc.

:rolleyes:

I would have to agree with PredatrHuntr...on most of his points. I liked AVP and the larger framed Preds but, it was a bit overdone. They didnt move right, they had the porportions wrong, and the baby brown eyes of Scar was friggin ridiculous. But, the bios, armor, and new weapons we got are awesome. Im not into the whole background story, lifestyles, mating rituals and etc. of the Predator species. I like the mystery and haze that surrounds them. As for the novels..never read them, the comics...read a few and love the images and different Predator dipictions. As for "Yautja" ....I friggin hate that name.

Well, I thing the name Yautja could have been more creative. As for the mystery, I want to know all there is to know about Preds. Besides, don' hate! If you think you could invent something better, go for it. :rolleyes:

first of all, "their human names" is a funny term, since all we can possibly come up with are obviously human names (I'm human...), no matter how many apostrophes you put into them. For all I care, you could call them "S'c'ar", "G'hort" or "Ch'o'Pper", wouldn't change a thing.

Second, I also refuse to name all and everything. As has been said above, I like the mystery that is behind the Preds, and a name like Chopper says: we don't know **** about this thing but we better keep running!

first of all, "their human names" is a funny term, since all we can possibly come up with are obviously human names (I'm human...), no matter how many apostrophes you put into them. For all I care, you could call them "S'c'ar", "G'hort" or "Ch'o'Pper", wouldn't change a thing.

Second, I also refuse to name all and everything. As has been said above, I like the mystery that is behind the Preds, and a name like Chopper says: we don't know **** about this thing but we better keep running!
LOL. About the naming thing, I HAVE to name everything. I even name my weapons. :rolleyes:

I don't mind nicknames...as long as they don't sound ghey. Yautja for example sounds ghey. It reminds me of some backwoods pigfucker wearing nothing but overalls calling his prize pig...."Here Yootja! Hey boy! Sooooo-eee! Yooootjaaa! C'mere boy!"

Funny story about nicknames - in Assassins Creed2 there a part where you and another guy go back to his house after its been ransacked and he's freaking out looking around and calling out for "Bessie" (name may not be right). Eventually he finds her...a long and massive sword haha!

my pred has no name. his backstory is that he was labeled unfit for society as an infant and was thrown into a pod and landed on earth. Fortunately for him some one forgot to take the weapons out of the pod. He lands on earth and even in infancy has the strength to hunt any animal with his bare hands. He eventually meets up with other predator outcasts. that's all i got.....for now.

PredatrHuntr is absolutely right, and I'm glad someone else is so adamant about it! Although I loved the AVP movie, I admit there were a LOT of things wrong with it. Keep preachin it, brotha!

I mean, how queer would it have been if the Bad Blood or Death Warrior had been given a proper Yautja name? Really? Simple is usually better.

name: i had never thought about it... but i gotta say the ideas shown are pretty freaking awsome.

"yautja": i always have pronounced it 'ya-oo-ta', but i agree in that it still doesnt have a flow to it and that it sounds totally "unfinished",if you will, though at the same time i think it adds a bit of character and spark to the predators because they probably wouldn't call themselves "predators".

clans: i think clans are based on heritage, and where you come from in the world and what you do to make your mark on it. and as far as gaining access to a clan, i think your pred is "born" into a clan and that it is "socially awkward" to try to change to another unless yours is a dieing race or not strong enough

i think that the "yautja" civilization is based on a principle system like ancient sparta... they bread warriors and cast out those who are unworthy of themselves, yet each one has a a governing mind set like the ancient romans, in that they have to see if they can be the greatest and can have the most power and control with the trophies to prove it.

this is just a glympse at what goes on in my mind, and the thoughts i have about the matter...

name: i had never thought about it... but i gotta say the ideas shown are pretty freaking awsome.

"yautja": i always have pronounced it 'ya-oo-ta', but i agree in that it still doesnt have a flow to it and that it sounds totally "unfinished",if you will, though at the same time i think it adds a bit of character and spark to the predators because they probably wouldn't call themselves "predators".

clans: i think clans are based on heritage, and where you come from in the world and what you do to make your mark on it. and as far as gaining access to a clan, i think your pred is "born" into a clan and that it is "socially awkward" to try to change to another unless yours is a dieing race or not strong enough

i think that the "yautja" civilization is based on a principle system like ancient sparta... they bread warriors and cast out those who are unworthy of themselves, yet each one has a a governing mind set like the ancient romans, in that they have to see if they can be the greatest and can have the most power and control with the trophies to prove it.

this is just a glympse at what goes on in my mind, and the thoughts i have about the matter...
Good stuff.

i have no idear what to call mine i was thinking πανικού because its panik in greek but other than that i have no idear tho

i have a giant back story ill post it if you wana take a look
its on the rising hunt forum

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back