Predator movie with just predators?

CRANIUM

Firstly,im off work with 2 broken wrist and have nothing better to do than just come up with topics to keep me busy

Back on topic,would it be a good idea for a predator movie with just predators and subtitles?
You see,i think it would be great as the predator world can be explored and the story could be about a young predators rise to the top,there is an official predators language,there could even be some kind of narration of a human who has earned his place with the predators,theres endless outcomes of what the story could be,what do you think people?

Not sure about everyone else but i personally would rather enjoy seeing that. I would love to see them hunt things from different planets in different galaxies too and not just earth. As for the language thing i hate subtitles through the whole movie because of them not speaking english like Inglorious Bastards 3 quarters of the movie was in either german or french, was a pain to read all the subtitles while trying to keep up with the movie same with the AVP game through the predator campaign.... If anyone has ever seen the 13th warrior it would be possible to kinda maybe do it like that or hell just make the movie in english....

Maybe there'd be no need for language at all. Ian Whyte & Kevin Peter Hall were always so very good at giving life to the creature, that when you were watching that scene, you didn't need a story to unfold, what happened happened. I could see something like this being of great interest to us Die-hard fans of the Predator, unfortunately Hollywood's handling of the Hunter has always had him dying in one way or another. Almost to the point of "Alright, we get it, you don't want to change your stupid Movie making ways!." I think an All Predator movie with a few Preds acting as a clan hunting other Aliens would be fantastic.

I think that would be a great. And personally I dont mind subtitles. I got on fine with movies like The Passion of ****** and Apocalypto. I got used to the subtitiles so I didnt even realise they werent speaking english.
I think it would ruin the movie if the predators did speak english, or not at all. If you had them just speaking to themselves with grunts and clicks of their own language, without subtitles, it would make the movie confusing. We would be wondering why that predator did that, or where are they going now?
Showing them going on hunts and following a youngbloods point of view would be a great idea. The film would have to show the elders and the home world/worlds, and give us a sense of the hierachy and their culture.

Personally I don't like that idea. I like my predators to have some mystery behind them. Just the idea of a pred coming home to his pred wife and kid and getting asked how his hunt went or a bunch of pred's watching a ball game doesn't sit right with me. I know that is being silly but seeing how a predator would act outside then what we have already seen would almost make them seem...humanish or something to that extent.

i would totally spend the money to see any type of pred movie
but your going to have to make it a little better than predators though
it will be a good adition to the predator franchise possibly making the fans a little stronger and maybe bringing in more.

Personally I don't like that idea. I like my predators to have some mystery behind them. Just the idea of a pred coming home to his pred wife and kid and getting asked how his hunt went or a bunch of pred's watching a ball game doesn't sit right with me. I know that is being silly but seeing how a predator would act outside then what we have already seen would almost make them seem...humanish or something to that extent.

There are a lot of people that feel that way. I think it might be doable if you dont do it that way tho. Instead make them more like animals. Model thier society after that of a lion or some other wild beast. So as to not have that too human feel?

I do understand the mystery part but I like to know how things work so I would like to see a more in depth look at thier lives outside the human hunting.

I think it would be pretty neat to follow a youngblood/right of passage story. Like AVP but minus all the suck. I think if it was played off kind of like the beginning of 300, where you see young Spartans during their life and training in the agoge, but with Predators. Show the brutality of their training and how merciless they can be. As well as the young Preds constructing their weapons. Follow that for a bit, then have it build up to a "Final Test". Drop the protagonist along with another fresh young Pred or two on a jungle planet somewhere. I would like to see a story where we see them hunting that T-Rex looking creature from the P2's ship. Think Predator meets Jurassic Park. They would be hunting their trophy Alien-Dino-Monster in order to achieve adulthood. They could be faced with some other challenges along the way. Have them get stalked by a group of Velociraptor-type aliens, which could take up a lot of the story. But eventually have them work together to bring down the big prize. Maybe they don't get lazer Cannons until they have proven themselves, so they are forced to use spears, shurikens and wrist blades, set traps, and fight hand to hand.

Have one of the supporting Pred's get killed (late in the story) and have the other supporting Pred be a female. There doesn't need to be a love story developing in the background. Just a story of survival and tribal rights of passage. Finish it off with a small ceremony in their honor, with a few Elders and other Predators there. Not delving too much into their world, or their society outside of the hunt. But see them receiving their shoulder Canons and becoming full fledged Yautja adults.

I think it could be done with a VERY minimal amount of Dialogue. Body language, and mood could go a long way. Possibly some Text at the beginning. A few screens setting up the story. Maybe some subtitles if absolutely necessary.

That's the story I'd like to see. Keep it really, really tribal. Aside from the technology of their ships and weapons and whatnot.
*No Humans in the story at all. A Skull or two kicking around maybe, but NO HUMANS!*

Just my 2 cents.

What about a direct to DVD release of Predator stories done in the same vain as the Animatrix or HALO Legends? It could touch on a variety of Predator stories, done in a varitey of styles.

As for sub-titles...I know its a kids movie, but WALL-E did not have any dialog for the first half of the movie, something that critics weren't sure would work. However, because of excellent stroytelling, even children (with notoriously short attention spans) were captivated by the movie. So as long as the story and direction were solid, and the acting of the person in the suit was done well, dialog wouldn't be missed.

I think it would be pretty neat to follow a youngblood/right of passage story. Like AVP but minus all the suck. I think if it was played off kind of like the beginning of 300, where you see young Spartans during their life and training in the agoge, but with Predators. Show the brutality of their training and how merciless they can be. As well as the young Preds constructing their weapons. Follow that for a bit, then have it build up to a "Final Test". Drop the protagonist along with another fresh young Pred or two on a jungle planet somewhere. I would like to see a story where we see them hunting that T-Rex looking creature from the P2's ship. Think Predator meets Jurassic Park. They would be hunting their trophy Alien-Dino-Monster in order to achieve adulthood. They could be faced with some other challenges along the way. Have them get stalked by a group of Velociraptor-type aliens, which could take up a lot of the story. But eventually have them work together to bring down the big prize. Maybe they don't get lazer Cannons until they have proven themselves, so they are forced to use spears, shurikens and wrist blades, set traps, and fight hand to hand.

Have one of the supporting Pred's get killed (late in the story) and have the other supporting Pred be a female. There doesn't need to be a love story developing in the background. Just a story of survival and tribal rights of passage. Finish it off with a small ceremony in their honor, with a few Elders and other Predators there. Not delving too much into their world, or their society outside of the hunt. But see them receiving their shoulder Canons and becoming full fledged Yautja adults.

I think it could be done with a VERY minimal amount of Dialogue. Body language, and mood could go a long way. Possibly some Text at the beginning. A few screens setting up the story. Maybe some subtitles if absolutely necessary.

That's the story I'd like to see. Keep it really, really tribal. Aside from the technology of their ships and weapons and whatnot.
*No Humans in the story at all. A Skull or two kicking around maybe, but NO HUMANS!*

Just my 2 cents.

We should get together and write a screen play

We should get together and write a screen play

Absolutely! I'm going to film school next year, but for Practical makeup and effects.
I would absolutely be down for writing a screen play or even making a story for a fan film.

And I agree Chaospredator, but Preds are just so much cooler in real life. Lets cross our fingers and hope that Predators doesn't take a hint from StarWars and spawn a new line of "Clone Wars"-type Computer Animated Adventures. That would sadden me...

I love Predators and all, but too much of a good thing in the wrong hands, quickly becomes a very very bad thing.

I'd love to see a really gritty, practically shot (Guys in suits style) hunter vs prey film. I think that would be killer.

how about a big turf war between different pred types (tribes) training and a mission of peace between all preds or not... Lol and a huge battle field fight introducing various different new leader/elder type preds bigger weapons. Female preds small children preds ..... Redo avatar with predator lol

I like the animated suggestion. I wouldn't mind a narrator for the film, ala 300. Someone saying something like " The young yautja warrior new dominating the trials would etc..." and " ...as the warrior tended to his wounds, he surveyed the area and etc..."

I like the animated suggestion. I wouldn't mind a narrator for the film, ala 300. Someone saying something like " The young yautja warrior new dominating the trials would etc..." and " ...as the warrior tended to his wounds, he surveyed the area and etc..."

like dutch

Why? it would be like Apocalypto with preds. I'd pay to see it.

Yes, that was my originaly thought. That movie was pretty awesome, even though it was subtitled. You just have to get used to them. But I understand everyone who says it would not work. I know people wouldnt like the humanising that the directors would do for a movie just about them. Most movies have to humanise the characters so that we can relate to them, but for somehting like predators, do we want to relate to them? Its probably better that they remain somewhat mysterious to us, that makes them all the more interesting I think. But still, for a movie like this to be good, we have to identify a little, else it would be confusing. If they set up a character, eg, a youngblood, we can follow the story from their point of view, we can learn about their character and what they go through.
Minimal subtitles would help I think, (as TokyoRose said) I just dont see predators talking for ages and ages, going over subject, they would be straight to the point, and that would make the film less annoying also, as it would provide us with an understanding of whats going on, without boring us with a load of text.

or how about predators vs an advancing primative pred species using the original concept predators. Which brings me to ask whos gonna make a concept pred mask that would be cool.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back