Predator Minigun setup

<div class='quotetop'>(Hirohawa @ Jul 8 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]1276860[/snapback]</div>
Do these fire anything?

They both look great.
[/b]

The ones I posted do not fire. HOWEVER, I am a part owner and instructor at a shooting range and law enforcement training center where 3 times a year we allow citizens to rent time on full auto firearms, grenade launchers and a flame thrower. If you want to fire a real, live minigun or are interested in shooting anything from a mini Uzi to a belt fed .50 caliber M2 (all full auto) check: www.mustangrange.com You may enjoy the news footage of some full autos and the flame thrower. We also do private shooting sessions with our full autos. Anyway, I have pretty open access to real miniguns and they are impressive (and expensive) to shoot. In fact, there may be 10 or more machineguns going off at the same time but when the minigun goes off...all the other shooters stop. It is amazing. There are photos of our rental minigun on the website.

If any RPF member is interested in attending one of our open to the public machinegun shoots, PM me for complimentary admission tickets (you will still have to pay for the time on whatever gun/s you choose, but if I'm working the line when you are there I can cut you a break). If you stormies want to shoot a live full-auto Sterling (E-11 blaster) we can arrange for polished brass that will show up better in a photo. I'll even temporarily attach some "T" grip for the right look.

Here's a photo of me conducting some impact explosives demonstrations. We can arrange for anyone to do the same.

KaBOOOM.jpg

All shooting of full autos and all explosive detonations are done lawfully and with full instruction and supervision. We are a fully licensed and insured facility.

<div class='quotetop'>(eltee @ Jul 9 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]1277217[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Hirohawa @ Jul 8 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]1276860[/snapback]
Do these fire anything?

They both look great.
[/b]

The ones I posted do not fire. HOWEVER, I am a part owner and instructor at a shooting range and law enforcemement training center where 3 times a year we allow citizens to rent time on full auto firearms, grenade launchers and a flame thrower. If you want to fire a real, live minigun or are interested in shooting anything from a mini Uzi to a belt fed .50 caliber M2 (all full auto) check: www.mustangrange.com

If any RPF member is interested in attending one of our open to the public machinegun shoots, PM me for comp. admissions tickets (you will still have to pay for the time on whatever gun/s you choose). If you stormies want to shoot a live Sterling (E-11 blaster) we can arrange for polished brass that will show up better in a photo. I'll even temporarily attach some "T" grip for the right look.

Here's a photo of me conducting some impact explosives demonstrations. We can arrange for anyone to do the same.

KaBOOOM.jpg

All shooting of full autos and all explosive detonations are done lawfully and with full instruction and supervision. We are a fully licensed and insured facility.
[/b][/quote]

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET............

<div class='quotetop'>(eltee @ Jul 8 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]1276689[/snapback]</div>
Monty has many photos that he doesn't / hasn't posted on his website. He and I have amassed a pretty good collection of screen and real minigun photos. The favorite photo of my personal minigun is this one.

LydiaMini.jpg

The original lower cradle I have is almost identical to the one I recreated. The tube inside the M60 grip is non functional (on the Predator prop) although on the M60 the lower tube is part of the firing mechanism and has a front cap, etc.

The sight channel on an M16 handle may have inspired the builders of the prop minigun, I should ask if they ever intended to put a sight in there :love as maybe it was originally going to function more like a Squad Auto Weapon and have a bi pod or tri pod for fixed use.
[/b]

What was wrong with this post before you edited it? It seemed fine to me. I only got to read half of it before I had to do something for my mom and then she got on something while I was doing it and took a while before she got off. Could you please re-post your thoughts on my thoughts of the gun parts?

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 9 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1277452[/snapback]</div>
What was wrong with this post before you edited it? It seemed fine to me. I only got to read half of it before I had to do something for my mom and then she got on something while I was doing it and took a while before she got off. Could you please re-post your thoughts on my thoughts of the gun parts?
[/b]

Lydia asked me to remove her home phone number from the post. :lol

Actually, I just made the reply more succinct. I also tried to intersperse my replies to your question in italics, etc. but couldn't get it to look right so I simply took out your questions and left the replies in statement form.

<div class='quotetop'>(eltee @ Jul 9 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]1277458[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 9 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1277452[/snapback]
[/b]

Lydia asked me to remove her home phone number from the post. :lol

Actually, I just made the reply more succinct. I also tried to intersperse my replies to your question in italics, etc. but couldn't get it to look right so I simply took out your questions and left the replies in statement form.
[/b][/quote]

Oh. Okay :) .

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back