Predator/ Jockey relationships

UglyMoFo

Okay, we've all heard theories and ideas about Predators being connected with the Space Jockies in some way, right? Well for those interested, you can voice your opinions here. Here's MINE:
I do not believe that the Predator race ever met a living Space Jockey. Supposedly the Aliens were created by the Jockey's for planet reconfiguration and as biological weapons. I believe what happened is the classic "Frankenstein syndrome": They create monsters, try to control monsters, monsters don't like being controlled, monsters kick creators asses. They overran the Jockey homeworld, probably making the Jockey's extinct. The only one to escape was infected and crashed when the Alien emerged. This is the Derelict and Pilot on LV-426. Now for the Pred's. Sometime later, the Pred's happened upon the former Jockey homeworld and discovered the Alien species and deemed them to be the ultimate prey. They became so revered that over time, they became a major part of Pred culture, being used in manhood rituals and as hunting stock for the most experienced hunters.

And THAT'S the way it was! (maybe) :D

I'll buy that for a dollar....! I was never quite sure where or how the space jockey's came into play in the whole scheme of things. But this is the best explanation I've heard in awhile. Thanks for the input.

Just remember...

There is a Space Jockey skull in the ship's trophy room in AVP:R.

So, unless Preds are in the habit of taking skulls from already dead beings, they've met a live one.

trophywall.jpg

The only one to escape was infected and crashed when the Alien emerged. This is the Derelict and Pilot on LV-426.

I don't know man... look at the ship's cargo: the bay Kane stepped down into was full of Alien eggs, and this plane of light he crossed on the way down always striked me as some sort of seal or surveillance mechanism. Looks more like a transport to me than something someone would escape in if it's full of the very things this person is deadly afraid of.

But frankly, the coolest thing about derelict alien spaceships is the mystery IMO. That's why I don't think about explanations that much. The first couple of times I watched Alien, I never even noticed the jockey as something that had been alive at one point, I thought it was part of the cannon/telescope/whatever he was lying underneath. It sure doesn't have the look of something that had once been separate from its chair. Is that just me or bad F/X or what?

Sabres: AVP-R is so full of contradictions and franchise deviations it makes you want to cry. On the same pic there is a Triceratops skull, when in AVP Sebastion says the Preds discovered Earth thousands of years ago, not millions. And look at the size of the "Jockey Skull". The Jockey in the Derelict looked about twice the size of a Pred, that "Skull" looks much smaller. Probably just another nod to a previous film. The headstone in AVP-R says Hawkins, but we know he wasn't really buried there.

Astritos: Where does it say they've been hunting Aliens since before they had ships?

Tommynator: Your right, the Derelict is more than likely a transport vessle, but think about it. If the world is going to hell around you with Aliens closing in and a ship is at your disposal, does it matter what kind it is? Especially if said Jockey didn't know what was in the ship. Having given it some thought, I know think the Jockey was probably facehugged sometime AFTER escaping. This caused him to lose control, crash on LV-426 and, after waking up, sent out a warning, then just waited to die, which he obviously did.

But you are all entitled to your own opinions. My Alien lore/info comes from "The Anchorpoint Essays". Check it out if you want. I tried putting in a link but it wouldn't work for some reason.

On the same pic there is a Triceratops skull, when in AVP Sebastion says the Preds discovered Earth thousands of years ago, not millions.

Well, the age when the preds "found earth" was prolly when man started writing down historical records.

It could be some kind of alien triceratops lol. If you look at a pic of a real triceratops skull, there are some noticable differences from the one in the pred trophy room.

The horns are point upwards, on a triceratops, the slope somewhat downwards, what I can assume is the nasal passage on the trophy pic is massive compared to a real skull.

triceratops.jpg

Although I could be wrong, but I dont think its a triceratops skull. Theres all sorts of wierd alien variants and other strange creatures, maybe the preds found a neat lookin one lol.

Plus did anyone notice the cyclops skull? WTF is that doin there? Did they help Odysseus kill it and they made a deal to keep the skull?

i know this doesn't really have anything to do with space jockeys but does any one else think the dog/wolf looking skull in the bottom right corner looks like the mutated dog for John Carpenters The THING . . . maybe . . i think it does plus Mr. Winston worked on the thing's monsters

I'm actually more interested in the Alien skulls in that trophy room pic.

Anyone else noticed they all have spikes sticking out of their forheads?

Some new form of Alien?

You also have to take into consideration timeline: At what point in the future did alien take place (I actually don't remember) how long was the derelict there before it was discovered. THen account for AVPs story of the relationship between man/pred/alien. UglyMoFo your theory is interesting and I actually never really gave this whole topic much thought until I read this thread, but here is my theory. Both Yautja and Alien are ancient species, man (in relation is relatively young). Yautja discovered Aliens while on the hunt somewhere in the galaxy, and like UglyMoFo said became revered as the perfect prey. Hence they begin capturing Queens. Now maybe the Space Jockey was a slave race whose job it was to transport eggs to host worlds.
THe other theory is that Space Jockey and Preds have absolutely no relationship to one another they are both species that discovered the Alien and were fascinated by them. The Space Jockeys like the humans couldn't control the species and got their assess kicked. Preds decide to use the alien for safari and kick ass. Those are my two theories.

I personally like that theory.Mine is that maybe while on the hunt the predators actually stumbled upon the space jockey home world.Killed a few and maybe the space jockeys created the aliens or possibly there a native species.And maybe the jockeys tried to control them but couldn't.But after the Predators killed a few space jockeys.Possibly before that the space jockeys were getting there ass kicked by the xenos.And were trying to escape there home world then the one in the derelict might have been face hugged while trying to escape.Before he managed to seal off some of the eggs(The blue light).He died and the ship drifted in space till it crashed on Ancheron were Alien and Aliens took place.Meanwhile the Predators must've like the aliens that they took some to breed for themselves.And apparently did well with it.So they took some of the jockey tech and made it into something for themselves.And made the cannons to keep the Aliens in check.As the Predators did kill a species for there tech so it may have been the space jockeys.

I don't know what to make of it, really. I've read stuff that says the Jockeys created the Aliens as weapons, and that they were "collectors," and had captured the alien species to keep them from destroying other worlds. Alright, fine whatever... but I believe that the Predators have nothing whatsoever to do with the Space Jockeys.

I think that there's more to the Predators than what's been seen in the movies and the comics (especially the comics). I don't think that they discovered the Alien race themselves, I think that was all Space Jockey - discovered, created.. whatever. What I don't like is that I've seen the "Aliens" dubbed as the most deadliest prey... which I think is just crap. Aside from the Aliens, there HAS to be other creatures out there that're just as awful, if not worse than an Alien. I'm kind of getting sick at the fact that apparently neither the Alien or Predator can exist without the other - I.E. they can't get a solo movie. From everything I've seen as of late, the Predators soley hunt Aliens now, and what the **** is this about a "War?" You see, this is why I hate comic books to some extent.. they just make it all that much more complicated than it needs to be. First of all, if the Aliens where such hot **** they would be the grail at the end of the tunnel, not fodder for their coming of age "Trials." They're so awesome that they get stuck with the the ******* noobs? Come on.

I've read that the Predator race was once a slave race, and revolted against their captors. They then took hold of their technology and made it their own. Stupid. Appearances can be decieving - just because they look like brutes doesn't mean they don't hold the knowledge of the universe within themselves. They're a race of super intelligent beings who have based their entire society around hunting other beings for fun and sport. You just don't **** with that. The Predators do their thing, and hold no alliances or treaties with any other being in the universe. They do not steal technology from other races because they've probably already mastered it.

As far as movies go I agree Preds kick ass, and with the whole preds only fighting aliens now, yeah it's getting boring. Unfortunately humans just don't stand a chance against Preds, so if another movie is made it's gonna have to be Preds against something we've yet to see and the whole movie would be subtitled. Sad to say for those who are sick of the AVP series (me!) I don't think there is anything else left in the bag. Unless you do Predator vs Wolverine, I'm sure his skeleton would be a very desirable trophy.

eh arnie got lucky, and after the glover managed to get the pred after shooting him 8 times close range with a shot gun, exposed to liquid nitrogen, arm cut off etc. :lol:

I truthfully don't know which way or the other but I do agree with Robillicus that aliens are not the end all and be all of prey. I think they are used so much because A. they are a formidable B. they are just so damn plentiful...think about it, they go from egg to snake alien thing to full grown killing machine with in a day (I think...) versus other creatures that may take years to reach there peak.

What if the Space Jockey and Predators were at war, and the jockey race had decided that they had had enough of being hunted by Predators, and searched the Universe for a way to defeat the ultimate hunters, and came across the Aliens. They then set about unleashing their answer (the Aliens) upon the Predator home world, only for the ship that was transporting the egss, to get taken over by the Aliens, and ultimatley crashing on LV-426. The next time Predators returned to the Jockey home world they found the Aliens, and decided to take them for themselves, as prey.
There are so many ideas out there that could tie the Aliens, Space Jockeys, and Predators together, and I really enjoy this subject. I really like MothMontys first theory about the Jockeys being a slave race.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back