This really is incredible work. I'm picking up some foam this weekend to give a foam build a try. I think you've provided the inspiration for my first attempt!
Thanks, man. I really appreciate the offer. At first glance, it looks like you used floor mat foam for most of the build, and then thinner stuff for detailing, correct? Do you have links to the pep files you used?
I used to have the PDF files for the shoulders, groin, etc. Lost them on a hard drive failure. Is there any way you can share them? Regards,Re: IndieFilmGeek 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - My Daughter as a Predator
I'm overwhelmed by all the kind words and comments! You guys (and gals) are all SO talented... it's just a thrill for me to be able to share with you my projects! :$
I should probably post the rest of the build....
Let's start with two quick pieces: shoulder bells and bicep armor
For the shoulder bells, I just cut out template pieces and then glued them together so they curved into the correct shape.
Then these were painted and weathered before I attached them to the chest armor (as described on the first page).
For the upper arm armor, I wanted to get a sharper corner look. So, after I cut the template pieces out, I used my dremel with a stone bit and 'scored' the back side of each piece where I wanted it to sharply bend.
I then applied hot glue along the 'scored' groove and bent the piece - holding it until the glue dried and held the shape of the sharp angle. I did this for all of the pieces for both arms and them glued them together.
Here is the good shot of the score lines and the finished shape...
Then these got plasti-dipped, hit with adhesive promoter and painted with the hammered steel paint.
Then I weathered them and glued two bands of black elastic straps to them so they will stay in place.
Next up is the Belt...