Predator: Cold War battleaxe/flechette launcher

Elkman

Sr Member
I'm working on a rather unique weapon that my character from the comic "Predator: Cold War" used. One end is sort of a spear/flechette launcher:
spakkpunt.jpg

The other end has a rather deadly-looking halberd on it.
comic-halberd.jpg

Here's what I've got so far. The flechette launcher is taken from a Nerf gun, and the spiral shaft inside it is from a mold I took of a concrete drill bit that I got at Home Depot. I made a sculpt for the halberd from MDF, then took a mold from it in pourable silicone, then cast it in Smooth-Cast 300. The shaft is made of PVC pipe, which I put together in three sections. I'm going to put some sort of leather handle on top of those joints.
Battleaxe-11r.jpg
Battleaxe-12r.jpg

Battleaxe-13r.jpg

Battleaxe-14r.jpg

I'm going to rework those Nerf darts so they actually have spear tips instead of suction cups (which would hardly fit a Predator's arsenal). I'm sort of at a loss for the detailing on the rest of the shaft, though. Other than the handles over the PVC joints, does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do with it?

I think it looks maybe alittle bigger compared to what the size would be in the comic but hey, still looks great!

If you made a firing mechanism that would be so badass...

Keep up the great work :D

nice work so far,
my suggestion-
see if you can taper the dart shroud into the pole better. it kinda looks like a pod stuck on a stick instead of a solid piece.

just my opinion.

cheers!

Mabye you could make some sort of organic looking layer on top kind of how the P2 spear looks to go on the blank pvc parts with some buttons and whatnot.

Great halberd :D

along with the leather wrap where the hands would grip, maybe at some spot add some tribal accents to it also.

---
Ei'luj

It took me long enough, but I finally finished this thing. Here are a few pictures of it in action:
Video6-edit.jpg

Video4-edit.jpg

Video8-edit.jpg

And, here are a couple pictures of the business ends of the weapon:
Battleaxe-19r.jpg
Battleaxe-18r.jpg

The gold part next to the halberd is made with polymer clay, and I carved Predator runes into it. I'm not sure what they say, but someone on Facebook posted a picture and tagged me in it, so it must be something about me. The flechettes look a little bit bent because the foam bends when I set the weapon down on that side. I sort of forgot to take that into account.

As far as the particular Nerf gun goes, I don't remember which one it was. There are a bunch of them in the stores. This one has a revolving magazine that shoots 8 bullets. I'm sure if you look in the toy department, you can find something that looks like you can use as the basis for a project.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back