Predator bust WIP

Alaneye

Sr Member
I sculpted this guy about 15 years ago from white placticine. I've had a polyester resin copy of it sitting around for just as long and decided he needed a make over. Here is the progress so far:

This is the original casting.

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02325.jpg

DSC02327.jpg

Not long after I started adding clay I knew the dreds had to go. I took them off with an angle grinder

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

Though I hadn't intended to go that far, the shoulders went on (well, they had to hadn't they) and the shoulder armour and the cannon assembly.

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

I personalised him a bit so he's very much like the original Predator, but I can play a little.

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

A quick test to see how it looks with dreds.

IMG_0235.jpg

And this is how he looks up to press.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

So how's he looking? TBH I'm flagging a bit on it and looking for a bit of inspiration. Any comments or crits or ideas are welcome. Anything to get me through doing those dreds :)

Do not change a thing IMO, pretty awesome looking peice, and youve added your own touch to it.

look forward to seeing him all painted up.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive feed back. PredatrHuntr, don;t have any coke in but it's 1/3 scale, about the same size as the CM Pred.

Looks like it is what 8 inches or so at the shoulders in length. Amazing detail for the scale. Grade A job, no doubt. I will definitely be watching this one closely.

-Chris

what type of clay did you use Chavant Nsp Soft oil clay

It's sculpey, but I leeched it for a couple of days to firm it up.

This is pretty good. You should do a real Head mask!

Funny you should say that. My sculpting started with masks. I did this mask before the bust.

The only reference I had then was an issue of Fangoria so I got quite a few things wrong, plus these were my very early sculpting days. You can see some more pics on my website:

Predator mask

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, small update here. I've been working on the shoulder cannon for the last couple of days...it's fiddley work which involves sculpting a bit and then baking, sculpting a bit more and rebaking. Here are a few pics showing so stages of the build up and how it looks on the Pred's shoulder. I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't get it smoother looking but I can still sand it down a bit yet. I think I'm going to have it in the down position, what do you think. To the pics >>>>>>

Predgunpics.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back