Predator bust WIP

Hellonearth - thanks man, I really appreciate your comments.

Elder - I'm pleased you feel it has captured the essence of the predator character and thank you for you input. I too like the skulls and the slanted name plate, though I know some people aren't keen on name plates. I did intend to make the dreads longer, but somehow they came out the way they did. I'm working on it today and over the weekend, so I'll see what I can do, though now they are on and baked I'm a bit loath to make new ones.

Uratz - unfortunately, I did not sculpt the piece with the intention of moulding it, and so have not paid any attention to undercuts and other difficulties associated with mould making. I used to mould my work, and indeed did so with the original piece as seen at the top of this thread, but the rewards didn't really match the work involved in mould-making process. My work was also recast in the past, and you have the copyright issues. It's a shame because I would have enjoyed seeing the paint jobs some of you would have applied.

Perdanex - painting can't be too far away

I'm speechless. That busts is awesome, you are truely talented.

I can only dream of ever having such a talent. Thanks for sharing the process with us. I wish this bad boy was going in a glass cabinet in my house!

Awesome is the only word to describe it, I'm blown away that you've included the quills to his head and gone into so much detail on his backpack.

I'm speechless. That busts is awesome, you are truely talented.

I can only dream of ever having such a talent. Thanks for sharing the process with us. I wish this bad boy was going in a glass cabinet in my house!

Awesome is the only word to describe it, I'm blown away that you've included the quills to his head and gone into so much detail on his backpack.

Thanks Rich, much appreciated and glad you've enjoyed seeing the process. I've finished the new dreadlocks and added the rings to them all (I've gone for the type on Crash's Predator 2 drawing in Stan Winston's book). The paints have arrived and I'm getting revved up to get the brushes and the airbrush into action. I'll see if I can get some shots of it with all the dreadlocks in place.

Not to get off topic from the amazing sculpt but that Evil Ed sculpt is soo cool too.I think have(could be wrong) seen this in an old "Garage kit that ate my Wallett" books.Classic resin kit...

Thanks Rich, much appreciated and glad you've enjoyed seeing the process. I've finished the new dreadlocks and added the rings to them all (I've gone for the type on Crash's Predator 2 drawing in Stan Winston's book). The paints have arrived and I'm getting revved up to get the brushes and the airbrush into action. I'll see if I can get some shots of it with all the dreadlocks in place.

Not to get off topic from the amazing sculpt but that Evil Ed sculpt is soo cool too.I think have(could be wrong) seen this in an old "Garage kit that ate my Wallett" books.Classic resin kit...

Hahaha, not too far off topic as it happens, snaakpac, I sculpted that too, many years ago. See it on my website here. It was in The Son of the Garage Kit that Ate my Wallet. Thanks for noticing

Okay, he's done. I'm a bit of a messy painter at times, but it came out okay I think. This was my first try with Tamiya acrylics.

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_5088.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5123.jpg

i still can't believe you made that buddy!! (WTF!!) and sloppy paint job my ass! the whole thing is inspiring as hell man, you should definitely make at least a few to sell, if that's possible... and if you do put "hellonearth" on the list :D great work!

Wow!!! The paint job on the pred looks awesome, not sloppy at all. As for the armor, I say rusty it up more, like darken it a bit. But all in all the paint job on the bust is awesome. Love the sculpt to, I to wouldn't mind having one of these. :D

Paint up doesn'r look at all messy to me.......you got a couple of blobs on your turn table...but thats about it.
This has turned out real nice.....and even though you COULD sell a few if you made it into a kit.....it is also very rewarding to know that you have the ONLY one!.......and THAT will make people want it even more lol....
Well done on executing a killa bust .

Stunning work, you could easily market and sell those for good money. Very impressed, I bet you are well chuffed with yourself!

Rich

Cheers for all the positive feedback, guys. It has been a fun and challenging project.

@skunk - yeah I think I will add a bit more weathering to the armour... it did have a lot more than that at one time, but I thought I'd over done it so touched it up with chrome again.

The acrylic display case I ordered for it arrived today.

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

Nice.....that'll stop all those grubby little mitts who cant resist touching it.

It was "Ice" who suggested weathering up the armour a bit more lol......but i would have to agree with him tho.

Congrats on finishing him......quite a transformation from your original peice.

Thanks skunk. Ah yeah, must have looked at the wrong post. :D

I wanted it under plastic too cause the quills are quite fragile and could get broken if it had to be dusted

I went back to the start of the thread and had a look at the original... it looks quite a sorry thing now, and I thought it was good when I made it. lol

Awesome work my friend! Yes I too would love to know if you plan on making this bust available for sale in the future :D

Also where did you get your case for the bust? Would like to order something sim for my 1:1 Predator Head that MILK made for me...

Awesome work my friend! Yes I too would love to know if you plan on making this bust available for sale in the future

Also where did you get your case for the bust? Would like to order something sim for my 1:1 Predator Head that MILK made for me...

Hi Storm, unfortunately this is a one off... what you see there is the painted original sculpture. I would have like to have made it available, but the work involved (all the dreads are seperate) vs the rewards put me off.

I got my case from http://www.acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk/ but they are a UK company.

Beautiful work, dude. Sorry if this is a bit of a bump, but I had forgotten about this thread and used to keep tabs on it. Love the way it turned out :p!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back