Predator Backpack Greeblies - Need help with new part!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
So the guys over at the Hunter's Lair have been doing some very cool work IDing parts on the P1 Predator Backpack and finding that several are from Star Wars MPC Model kits, specifically the Falcon and the AT-ST.

You can see their progress here:

Predator 1 Backpack Found Parts! - Predator Weapons & Armor - The Hunter's Lair

I had the opportunity and privileged to photograph the original pack Prop Store had at Comic Con last year and got some decent shots of the details and greeblies on the pack, which may or may not be model kit pieces.

I have seen you guys do a phenomenal job IDing extremely obscure parts before, so I wanted to see if you could take a crack at this and see how many of the 24 unidentified parts you could help us find.

Some of the part show up in multiple pictures or places, so that is why you see several labelled more than once.

So, lets see what we can do and how fast these can be IDed.

Parts:

These are our best guesses and may not be exact matches. I plan to buy these kits and determine whether or not they are the exact part.

2. Not sure this is actually a model piece...
3. AMT / MPC / ERTL - Item# 38273 / 8917 / 8789 - 1:72 Millennium Falcon - Part 55/56 Landing Pad Foot
4. Takara/Tomy 1:24 Brutishdog - Foot
5. Imai - Item#?? - 1:72 Scale - Battroid Valkyrie Kit
6. Tamiya - Item #35132 - 1:35 Scale - U.S. M2 Bradley IFV Kit - Part D23 - Pack hanging on inside wall
8. Tamiya - Item #35132 - 1:35 Scale - U.S. M2 Bradley IFV Kit - Part B57 - Tow Launcher Front
9. Tamiya - Item #35132 - 1:35 Scale - U.S. M2 Bradley IFV Kit - Part B60 - Tow Launcher Rear
11. Tamiya - Item #35132 - 1:35 Scale - U.S. M2 Bradley IFV Kit -Part A48/A49 - Port
13. Revell - Item #8881 - 1:12 Scale - Wright Cyclone Engine - Part 40 - Fuel Intake Pipes
14. Italaeri / Esci / AMT - Item # 2990 / ??? / 8693 - 1:12 Scale - Force One General Dynamics F-16 Cockpit - Part ???
15. Revell - Item #8881 - 1:12 Scale - Wright Cyclone Engine - Part 43 - Supercharger Rear Cover
16. Tamiya - Item #35132 - 1:35 Scale - U.S. M2 Bradley IFV Kit -Part D42 - TOW Missle Tops
17. Arii - Item #AR-302-300 - 1:100 Scale - Macross Destroid Defender - Part 7/8 - upper arm/gun arm
18. Imai / Bandai - Item # 0153435 - 1:100 Scale - Attack Tomahawk - Part 2/4 - foream/gun arm
19. Fujimi - Item #76005 - 1:76 Scale - Elephant German Heavy Tank Destroyer - Part 49 & 50 - Cannon Breech halves
20. Arii - Item #?? - 1:72 Scale - VF-1J/1A/1S Armored Valkyrie - Missile Pack
21. AMT / MPC / ERTL - Item# 38273 / 8917 / 8789 - 1:72 Millennium Falcon - Part ???
22. Takara/Tomy 1:24 Brutishdog - Back of Inner Helmet Detail
23. Revell - Item #8881 - 1:12 Scale - Wright Cyclone Engine - Part 2-9 - Rear Cylinder Half
24. Takara/Tomy 1:24 Brutishdog - Hip armor flap

Used but not listed:

AMT / MPC - Item# 38302 / 8734 - AT-ST
AMT / MPC / ERTL - Item# 38273 / 8917 / 8789 - 1:72 Millennium Falcon - Part 66 - Large Panel on bottom of hull
AMT / MPC / ERTL - Item# 38273 / 8917 / 8789 - 1:72 Millennium Falcon - Part 43 - Quad cannon turret plating

Re: Predator Backpack Greeblies - 24 Parts Need to be IDed

Nothing definite.

6 - an old tank part? [oops IDed while thinking]
20- part of a engine.
23- air cooled engine cylinder, one half.

It looks like they pushed some details into soft clay or something.

I was thinking #20 was flare launcher tubes on a tank or something.

Anyone have a tamiya M247 Stg York? I think that part in the middle of #13 is from that kit. Only scans i have are blurry.

#20 to me looks like eight carbs or air cleaner hats.

I never realized the backpack was so detailed.

#18 - Destroid Tomahawk 'gun arm' , which suggests the possibility of other Destroid Tomahawk parts as well...

Number 1 is a collection of parts from a car, don't know which one. There's a strut assembly, the flywheel, disc brakes and what looks to be a master cylinder.

-Fred

Number 23 looks to be a cylinder from a radial engine. Based on the detail, probably a 1/24 scale kit.

-Fred

Thanks for the tips and keep them coming! I am off to research your suggestions!

#18 - Destroid Tomahawk 'gun arm' , which suggests the possibility of other Destroid Tomahawk parts as well...

Good call! I haven't foudn the exact manufacturer, but here is the 1:60th Yamato Macross Destroid Tomahawk, and there is no doubt, it is the right piece, just not the right manufacturer. I am going to keep looking.

PS. Apparently the Destroid Tomahawk is also known as the MechWarrior/Battletech Warhammer.

View attachment 92554

I probably need to see if I have a better pic of #19, but I think it is two halves of the same part, set side by side.

Number 23 looks to be a cylinder from a radial engine. Based on the detail, probably a 1/24 scale kit.

-Fred

Fred, I am not a model quy, but looking at similar models, I almost have to think this is even larger than 1/24 due to the detail and size on the backpack.... I could post a more full photo of the pack if it would help. I agree thought. Definitely half of a cylinder from a radial engine.

In looking a bit further, I think this is a "dummy engine" cylinder put on RC planes between the real engine and the propeller to make it look like the plane has an engine. These seem to come in sizes between 1/12th and 1/4 scale which is more inline with the size I am thinking... but I could be wrong.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back