Predator 1 Backpack Found Parts!

Slave1

Sr Member
Don't throw out those old MPC Falcon kits, because there might just be some Predator parts you can use on it.

See the pic below.

gallery_10275_196_324055.jpg

I know there's at least one Falcon part used on the P2 suit also, so I'm guessing there are other parts that were used on P1 and or P2.

Going to start scouring those ref pics for my own satisfaction. Other parts on that backpack look familiar. I just have to nail them down. :rolleyes:

Bob Farmer found that one. I haven't been concentrating on P2 . . . yet. I let him post his discovery on that one.

I told him to help me ID the part on the P1 pack above my red circle. I KNEW it looked familiar and thought he could job my memory. It only took a minute for him to realize it was the model head of an AT-ST with its head facing down. The hose is going into the open hatch!
gallery_10275_196_339650.jpg

Well, I do believe you're the only other person interested, but there's a ton, some that I keep looking at and can't quite put my finger on.

Here's another one:

gallery_10275_196_335315.jpg

It is so funny that you would mention that because on the Predator cannon on the back round side the smal details on it where from the front of the falcon, but I could not find a good enough pic to compare to.

Thanks, Lee. I really do try to do my research.

Guan-thwei, are you talking about the round inset greeblies on the sides near the back? If so, I did confirm those are also from the Falcon. If it's another piece, please try to find a pic to match up.

I believe they also used the bottom foot of a piece of landing gear for that little checked area beneath the cannon. Have yet to find pics to confirm, though. I was just going by memory on how that looked from years ago.

Have about three more discoveries I need to post, but there are several more that look so familiar. It's like an itch I can't quite scratch.

Now. Does anyone have any GOOD pics of that blade gauntlet. Because I have this theory . . . :cool:

Like Lee said, this has been discussed on the old eZboard Lair years ago, BUT it's always good to revisit it again and see it from a new angle - and with better pics!

I don't believe there are many GOOD pics of the blade gauntlet. That sucker is chock FULL of greeblies!!!!

I never knew anything about found parts before I saw that one piece from the Falcon. And the only reason that hit me was because Bob found that other Falcon on the lower back armor on the P2.

Once I spotted the first Falcon part on the P1 backpack, I figured I should look for more, and sure enough, not only were there more, but there were several more.

There are other miscellaneous things on there, like a couple of model car tires used where a couple of the wires jack into. There's no WAY I'll ever be able to ID a specific car model, but you can bet I'll be using something close on my pack. There are also tank parts--something else I don't know enough about to ID dead on.

I need to get ahold of a scout walker model, though. If I had one in hand, I'll bet I'd find more from it. Pretty sure actually.

I really wish I could get some good pics of that blade gauntlet . . .

Guan-thwei, are you talking about the round inset greeblies on the sides near the back? If so, I did confirm those are also from the Falcon. If it's another piece, please try to find a pic to match up.
From my understanding the four holes onoth the top and bottom of the ship on the two long sections of the ship has greeblies that attach to the caster part of the cannon.

You're talking about the four inserts that go on the Falcon mandibles. Yep, I figured out two of them went on the inside of the round part of the cannon.

I'd love to know what the corrugated part is that is on the outside of those pieces. It's definitely a found part, or at least a seperate part, though it could have been heavily modified and or puttied over on parts.

You're talking about the four inserts that go on the Falcon mandibles. Yep, I figured out two of them went on the inside of the round part of the cannon.

I'd love to know what the corrugated part is that is on the outside of those pieces. It's definitely a found part, or at least a seperate part, though it could have been heavily modified and or puttied over on parts.
Yeah that is what I was referring to were you able to find any good pics to compare?

Yeah that is what I was referring to were you able to find any good pics to compare?

Yeah, I found good pics in the gallery and nailed which two.

Two to three parts on the bomb gauntlet might be something that I can check against.

The blade gaunt is the one that's really making me nuts. No good pics, and the stuff I enlarge isn't good enough resolution. I strong suspect the very top piece is something I have on hand, based on the profile and size, but I can't confirm anything. :mad: Maybe a better pic will surface so I can nail that, too.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back