Pred cannon with arm where are they?

mikeincan

Was looking through the buy and sell and on ebay at the cannons for sale the few that are out there and was wondering why most if not all do not come with arms? Why is that? What is the reasoning for not making them either separate or with the cannon molds? Can anyone give me some invite into it?

If I did make Cannons, I would make an arm and a backpack to go with it. Seems like bad marketing to sell something incomplete. Its like selling a car that has no wheels. ;)

If I did make Cannons, I would make an arm and a backpack to go with it. Seems like bad marketing to sell something incomplete. Its like selling a car that has no wheels. ;)

what a stupid comment to make.. you dont build cannons...nor do you build back packs or cannon arms........ so to criticse others who do is a bit silly mike..

Maybe because not everyone has a marketing strategy, and people do this for the love of the predator, NOT making money.

To answer the original question now, i think alot of people may have just got cannons and the other smaller items for diaply with no itention of a suit, some people just want a cool bio and cannon on display, so i guess the arms were a after thought.
Then others come up with their own little way of attatching these items to suits so again it is not seen as readily needed.

imo of course ;)

come on guys, stick to the topic. Tuath what do you make that you can criticise me who work my ass off for my art. and Lee ...lets not go there.

I am on topic Michael !

and lets not go where? please do elaborate.

You are walking on very thin ground, if you are insinuating everyone is here to make money.

man, why is everyone so touchy this morning?

one reason i could see is that a canon is a static piece while the arm has moving parts. slightly more difficult to mold dif parts that need to move against each other.

man, why is everyone so touchy this morning?

Yeah, everyone seems to have swallowed grouchy pills when they got up. Geez.

one reason i could see is that a canon is a static piece while the arm has moving parts. slightly more difficult to mold dif parts that need to move against each other.

The arm on my cannon is made from two pieces that bolt together in the middle so they can be moved and adjusted. For me, molding a piece with a hole entirely through it would present a great challenge, though obviously there's some way to do it.

Making the cannon with an arm also severely limits the number of ways that the arm itself can be attached to a backpack. Not a problem if one is making the whole cannon/arm/backpack as a single unit, but not helpful if you want the cannon to be usable with as wide a variety of backpacks as possible.

I've had a few canons - both of which came with canon arms, so if you get one that doesn't have one you'll have to get creative and make your own.

Img_0348.jpg

Img_0470.jpg

Img_4430.jpg

come on guys, stick to the topic. Tuath what do you make that you can criticise me who work my ass off for my art. and Lee ...lets not go there.
mike did i criticse you no... i gave you an opinion.. if i was to criticise you i'd say your work is ****... but lets not go there hey....... if i was tor criticise i would post on your build threads.. i dont....

oh and what do i do... while i dont build my own stuff at the moment.. i do build and pull suits together from parts from many of the guys here and FYI never have i bought a cannon from any of these guys with out a cannon arm ... so your talking out of your arse when you say they dont do them and its bad marketing... just goes to show you havent dont your research when it comes to it...

I think xdmray summed it up nicely and I agree. Most people may not know how to sculpt/mold the moving parts. Predatrhuntr makes a solid point as well, you may have to make one. One thread that has a good picture is Ruffkintoy's Wolf armor build thread:

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...intoy&st=60

Post 68 has a good side picture of the Wolf Cannon arm.

As for making it functional, Honus has a tutorial that's worth checking out:

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...84&hl=honus

The thing that would hold me back from making a cannon arm is not having a backpack in hand or knowing which backpack to use to model the arm to create the correct dimensions. It seems a tad difficult to me to make a "universal" arm that could function correctly and fit various backpacks. Though, admittingly, I do have the tendency to over-think the problem

As for the rest of this thread: ;) :rolleyes: :D

Lol wow I got answers that helped and got some that well.... Wow lol. I understand I would have to build my own if I buy one that does not come with it. I just did not realize how in depth some if the creators would take it as far as modeling it off a backpack (i honestly did not know that, but I can now understand why) and wanting it to move or be adjustable, after reading the answers to me anyway it shows some/alot of the commitment that you guys that build have to the pred legacy.thanks lee I forgot that people on here do want some stuff to be on display and not nessasarily for a costume.

The thing that would hold me back from making a cannon arm is not having a backpack in hand or knowing which backpack to use to model the arm to create the correct dimensions. It seems a tad difficult to me to make a "universal" arm that could function correctly and fit various backpacks. Though, admittingly, I do have the tendency to over-think the problem ;)

I think that is indeed the problem---it's impossible to make an arm that will fit every backpack. And at the very least the arm would have to be adjustable to fit different heights etc. So there can be no "one size fits all" cannon arm.

The best thing is to EITHER make all the interconnecting pieces--the cannon, arm and backpack--together as one single unit to fit a particular individual, OR to leave the arm out completely and allow everyone to make their own arm that fits their own cannon and backpack.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back