Post your custom ship stands

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Hey guys, i just got one of Frank Cerneys McQuarrie X-Wings and Im thinking about what kind of stand to make for it.
The sucker is huge, about 16" in length.
I would appreciate any images of your custom stands for ideas.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had the CnC router at work create a custom stand for my Venator SD. I measured the hull angles and had the rest style mount match them exactly. The two vertical pieices set into the base without any glue. Non-glare finish plexiglas- it does not look milky in person.
do177Xp.jpg

jFlejlt.jpg

(I have other mounts but no photos)

I am not a huge fan of the Bandai stands either and would pay good money for quality after market stands like the ones above. I think this is a great earnings opportunity for someone to market 3rd party Bandai stands.

I did have a go at selling mine a few years ago but there was surprisingly little take-up. Bandai have probably increased somewhat but it was also hard to get them at a cost effective price using a 3rd party laser cutter house.

On this guys, I saw people had metal plaques on their displays printed up with Kuat Shipyards etc etc Can anyone point me in the right direction? Apologies for the hijack

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back