1) Wanted to see what ROTJ Vader sabers are out there

2) Out of all the sabers Ive made, this was the most fun

3) I got a new digicam and I wanted to try it out :D

Here are some pics -

DVsamples3.jpg

DVsamples2.jpg

DVsamples1.jpg

DS

Im not sure if I regret cleaning mine up...I made some mods to make the pieces more secure. Probably overkill to internally weld all the parts...but alas I did. :rolleyes Though it was done to keep the saber from falling apart when wearing it....all but once.

I did things like drill a recessed hole in the emitter pin....made a metal band under the clamp band....tack welded the clamp band on via hidden screws under the round cylidners in the activation switch--screws which were tack welded from underneath...I reasoned the round cylinders would never unscrew on their own.
Oh and I tack welded the bolts holding the D ring clamp behind it.

I do reget doing these things....but the saber could be tethered to the space shuttle and never come apart. Ahem...becaue Nasa asked me to lend it to them. :$

Nice Sabers Boba Frett and Gigatron. So far it seems that the clean version of this saber is preferred.

BTW Boba Frett, I believe Ob1Kenny used to sell the thumbscrews for the saber. Might want to check with him and see if he has any left.

DS

Nice sabers guys. Can't wait til the time comes for me to build one.

Vaapad, Do you have a close up pic of your cvte66 control box?

that's a great ROTJ hero hilt, Dave. Not as flashy as the EE but still featuring real copper....sorry comment made not to hi jack...on with some more DV ROTJs :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back