Possible Indiana Jones replacement

shpider

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
From the article: "Phoebe Waller-Bridge may flip the script on Indiana Jones.

The English actress, 37, could be replacing Harrison Ford as the lead in the fifth installment of the “Indiana Jones” franchise, which is set to hit theaters next summer, according to The Daily Mail.

Sources told the outlet that producer Kathleen Kennedy was looking to make “big” changes — which could include replacing the lead character with a woman."

Nothing wrong with having her play a character that does the same sort of stuff as Indiana Jones but... don't we already have a character like that? Sure there were several games and a few films based around a character like that?

The Lara Croft games/films were inspired by the Indiana Jones films... and now the Indiana Jones films are being inspired by the Lara Croft games/films that were inspired by the Indiana Jones films... there's some Inception-level stuff going on here!

Last edited:
Kevin Smith also refuted claims about Revelations and JJ refuted claims about Khan. So it's not like a director has never openly lied to deflect criticism. Plus it's not a good idea to defend a director when they openly mock their own customers for voicing concerns, which is sadly all too common nowadays and all three of these directors have done so. Besides which, they'd eagerly turn on you too, so I would really be cautious who you're willing to stick your neck out for.

This could very well be rumor and may never come to pass, but if it does end up playing out that way it's either crickets from the fans who defended these directors or worse yet they double down on slandering their fellow fans rather than engage in civil discussion about why something did or didn't work as a story. I'm speaking generally though and thankfully theRPF is a pretty balanced group, though by contrast social media is a wasteland for discourse of any kind.

Are there click bait sites that go too far? Yes. Are there fans who take their hatred to an extreme? Yes. But those are often the very slim minority that get magnified in the media when the truth actually lies somewhere in the middle.

Kevin Smith also refuted claims about Revelations and JJ refuted claims about Khan. So it's not like a director has never openly lied to deflect criticism. Plus it's not a good idea to defend a director when they openly mock their own customers for voicing concerns, which is sadly all too common nowadays and all three of these directors have done so. Besides which, they'd eagerly turn on you too, so I would really be cautious who you're willing to stick your neck out for.

This could very well be rumor and may never come to pass, but if it does end up playing out that way it's either crickets from the fans who defended these directors or worse yet they double down on slandering their fellow fans rather than engage in civil discussion about why something did or didn't work as a story. I'm speaking generally though and thankfully theRPF is a pretty balanced group, though by contrast social media is a wasteland for discourse of any kind.

Are there click bait sites that go too far? Yes. Are there fans who take their hatred to an extreme? Yes. But those are often the very slim minority that get magnified in the media when the truth actually lies somewhere in the middle.
Ah great

And please tell me what Kevin smith lied about. Cuz I’m dying to know.

I’ve seen it through twice now…. I saw no lies. Outside of not telling whiners exactly the story months ahead

NeoRutty We've already discussed this at length in the Revelations thread. Respectfully I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Besides this thread on Indy 5 belongs in the existing thread and really didn't need it's own as I stated in my first post here.

Deception is often in the nature of Hollywood, although it doesn't need to be. Even for particular writer/directors/actors who pretend like they're above it all. If Mangold lied about PWB he could easily get away with it the same ways other directors who have blatantly lied and gotten away with it. The more fans make excuses for Hollywood and buy into their blatant BS (when it occurs) because they enjoy their movies, the more it perpetuates their behavior.

Last edited:
Well if it wasn't for fans crapping all over every BS leak lie they hear from multiple lying youtubers, then there wouldn't be a need to even comment.

But worry not all! According to everyone in the know on youtube, Kathleen K is going to be fired as of January 2016!!!! So any day now!!!!

But worry not all! According to everyone in the know on youtube, Kathleen K is going to be fired as of January 2016!!!! So any day now!!!!
raw.gif

If there's one thing that IS 100% true about the industry... no leak needed... is that people do fail up.

Ohhh boy do they.

So whenever I hear someone is mad at someone and they're gonna be ousted... I'm like "nah... they'd rather promote"

And though I've seen it many times, I still can never figure how it happens.

From the article: "Phoebe Waller-Bridge may flip the script on Indiana Jones.

The English actress, 37, could be replacing Harrison Ford as the lead in the fifth installment of the “Indiana Jones” franchise, which is set to hit theaters next summer, according to The Daily Mail.

Sources told the outlet that producer Kathleen Kennedy was looking to make “big” changes — which could include replacing the lead character with a woman."

Hmmmm….well, this news is so profoundly and objectively dumb, and bound to fail, that it MUST be true.

Last edited:
This is honestly why I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, the Indiana Jones saga ended in 1989. They haven't made anything new since then. It's over and done with. Everything else is just bad fanfic. Anything that gets made thereafter, I may watch it, I may not. It might be good, it might be awful, but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't affect the actual canon one bit.

Generally I don't put much stock in leaks and clickbate as it's full of BS as well, but can't speak for anyone else. For me the potential that Mangold could've lied about PWB has absolutely nothing to do with anything anyone said on YouTube lol. All you have to do is pay attention to what directors/actors/etc. themselves say and do to know that it happens often enough to sometimes question the veracity of statements they make. Especially those about future projects, spoilers, why decisions were made, etc. I have no idea if she will be the successor to Ford but can't completely rule out something like that just because a director (who may or may not even be involved in the following film and is selling the current film he's working on ) said it wasn't true.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back